Prescott, Az
✟39,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you not believe that if the Ruach dwells withing you; that YHWH will not write his Torah on your heart?

Would you limit YHWH?
Eh? That was my point. The Holy Spirit that we are given by Grace removes our limitations .
Romans 8:3. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Romans 8:4. That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
To answer the question, would you limit YHWH, the answer is a resounding Yes, if you have not been born from above by the promise of the Father. If you are reborn, the Holy Spirit is able to make all grace abound. If you sin by willful disobedience...
Isaiah 59:1 Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened,
That it cannot save;
Nor His ear heavy,
That it cannot hear.
2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God;
And your sins have hidden His face from you,
So that He will not hear.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
John 10:16. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.
Thank you Lord for calling me. Make us One. Even as You and Your Father are One.

(CLV) Num 15:15
As for the assembly, there shall be one statute for you and for the sojourner sojourning with you. It shall be an eonian statute throughout your generations. Like you so shall the sojourner be before Yahweh.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If you sin by willful disobedience...
Isaiah 59:1 Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened,
That it cannot save;
Nor His ear heavy,
That it cannot hear.
2 But your iniquities have separated you from your God;
And your sins have hidden His face from you,
So that He will not hear.

So grace isn't a free pass to ignore YHWH's law?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
(CLV) Num 15:15
As for the assembly, there shall be one statute for you and for the sojourner sojourning with you. It shall be an eonian statute throughout your generations. Like you so shall the sojourner be before Yahweh.
Has the Good Shepherd called us to sacrifice sheep? That is the context of Numbers 15. Yes, we know now, one Law for all for slaughtering animals and spilling blood. Is there a point here?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
2 Co 3:6. He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
If the Holy Spirit is restricted by our ability to know the entire Bible, we are above all men most miserable. Bible study should be a daily activity, as well as meditation on those words, prayer, praising and giving of thanks. Fellowship with the brethren. All with one goal, to hear and recognize the Voice of the Good Shepherd. To experience this is to know Him and have everlasting life.
John 17:3. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
Interesting thought, the idea that the Holy Spirit is restricted. I believe it is our human mind that restricts what the Holy Spirit is telling us. All our activities are for not if we do not recognize the voice of the Good Shepherd because our preconceived notions dictate that which is against the Word of God. Having a true foundation in His Word includes all of it. So it is not the Holy Spirit that is restricted, but ourselves, ..."searing"...

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Interesting thought, the idea that the Holy Spirit is restricted. I believe it is our human mind that restricts what the Holy Spirit is telling us. All our activities are for not if we do not recognize the voice of the Good Shepherd because our preconceived notions dictate that which is against the Word of God. Having a true foundation in His Word includes all of it. So it is not the Holy Spirit that is restricted, but ourselves, ..."searing"...

No one has said that the Holy Spirit is restricted, but you. Where is that said? You said that we need the Law for the Holy Spirit to convict our conscience. You are trying to avoid accountability for your own comment. Time for review:
"Can't know what is sin, unless you have some guidelines as to what is classified as sin in God's eyes. The TEN are those outlines of what constitutes as sin. Then the Holy Spirit can convict you of the depth, width, roots, branches, and fruit of these sins. Then you can truly confess to those sins, understanding these things about sin. Sin is so deceptive, most people just give a little sinners prayer and think that works. NOPE!!! God goes to the marrow, to cleanse us of ALL our sins. Sins can not be cleansed unless the sinner is willing to give them up. Sinner will not give them up unless they "see" it as sin, "understand" the effect of sins upon themselves and others around them, and "truly repent" as in vowing with God's help to never sin those sins again."
Do you remember writing this? It was yesterday. You say that we can't know sin without "guidelines." Only then can the Holy Spirit convict our conscience. YOU are trying to restrict the Holy Spirit by our ability to learn a Law God. That is YOUR position. It is not at all an interesting thought, the idea that the Holy Spirit is restricted. That is your position. You are running in circles. Do you understand IF.
I wrote, and it's right there in the quote for everyone to see:
"If we can restrict the Holy Spirit, we are above all men most miserable". I do not believe in you at all.
You say that we need the Law Code so that the Holy Spirit can convict us. Paul says:
Romans 3:21. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets.
Do you know what the Holy Spirit needs to convict us?
Matthew 7:12
. Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. You know what the red letters mean...Hear Him.
I am rejecting the very notion that you claim that I am making, due to sloppy comprehension. If you were more careful, you wouldn't be contradicting yourself in such a public way. Do you really think you can twist things and then give sin the glory? You say "Sin is so deceptive, most people just give a little sinners prayer and think that works." Since when do you know most people, you are the only one being deceptive here. It is your human mind that is restricting your ability to rightly comprehend what you are trying to teach. Some of us have the mind of Christ and can see through such self-indulgence.
1 Timothy 1:7. Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say,
nor whereof they affirm.
The Holy Spirit has warned us about people like you.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
No one has said that the Holy Spirit is restricted, but you. Where is that said? You said that we need the Law for the Holy Spirit to convict our conscience. You are trying to avoid accountability for your own comment. Time for review:
"Can't know what is sin, unless you have some guidelines as to what is classified as sin in God's eyes. The TEN are those outlines of what constitutes as sin. Then the Holy Spirit can convict you of the depth, width, roots, branches, and fruit of these sins. Then you can truly confess to those sins, understanding these things about sin. Sin is so deceptive, most people just give a little sinners prayer and think that works. NOPE!!! God goes to the marrow, to cleanse us of ALL our sins. Sins can not be cleansed unless the sinner is willing to give them up. Sinner will not give them up unless they "see" it as sin, "understand" the effect of sins upon themselves and others around them, and "truly repent" as in vowing with God's help to never sin those sins again."
Do you remember writing this? It was yesterday. You say that we can't know sin without "guidelines." Only then can the Holy Spirit convict our conscience. YOU are trying to restrict the Holy Spirit by our ability to learn a Law God. That is YOUR position. It is not at all an interesting thought, the idea that the Holy Spirit is restricted. That is your position. You are running in circles. Do you understand IF.
I wrote, and it's right there in the quote for everyone to see:
"If we can restrict the Holy Spirit, we are above all men most miserable". I do not believe in you at all.
You say that we need the Law Code so that the Holy Spirit can convict us. Paul says:
Romans 3:21. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets.
Do you know what the Holy Spirit needs to convict us?
Matthew 7:12
. Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. You know what the red letters mean...Hear Him.
I am rejecting the very notion that you claim that I am making, due to sloppy comprehension. If you were more careful, you wouldn't be contradicting yourself in such a public way. Do you really think you can twist things and then give sin the glory? You say "Sin is so deceptive, most people just give a little sinners prayer and think that works." Since when do you know most people, you are the only one being deceptive here. It is your human mind that is restricting your ability to rightly comprehend what you are trying to teach. Some of us have the mind of Christ and can see through such self-indulgence.
1 Timothy 1:7. Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say,
nor whereof they affirm.
The Holy Spirit has warned us about people like you.
Obviously I am not getting our message across to you in a manner that is clear. . ..
John 16:8
And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

All three of these thing that the Holy Spirit does is with the Law, the TEN. To reprove the world of sin, you need to point to the definition of sin. Sin is an act of transgression against divine law, the TEN.
To point to righteousness, the Holy Spirit points to the TEN and the covering of His righteouness. To point to judgment, again the Holy Spirit points to the TEN by which the world will be judged by.

When the Holy Spirit convicts people of their sin, He represents the righteous judgment of God (Hebrews 4:12). There is no appeal of this verdict. The Holy Spirit not only convicts people of sin, but He also brings them to repentance (Acts 17:30; Luke 13:5). The Holy Spirit brings to light our relationship to God. The convicting power of the Holy Spirit opens our eyes to our sin and opens our hearts to receive His grace (Ephesians 2:8).

• Informative
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Obviously I am not getting our message across to you in a manner that is clear. . ..
John 16:8
And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

All three of these thing that the Holy Spirit does is with the Law, the TEN. To reprove the world of sin, you need to point to the definition of sin. Sin is an act of transgression against divine law, the TEN.
To point to righteousness, the Holy Spirit points to the TEN and the covering of His righteouness. To point to judgment, again the Holy Spirit points to the TEN by which the world will be judged by.

When the Holy Spirit convicts people of their sin, He represents the righteous judgment of God (Hebrews 4:12). There is no appeal of this verdict. The Holy Spirit not only convicts people of sin, but He also brings them to repentance (Acts 17:30; Luke 13:5). The Holy Spirit brings to light our relationship to God. The convicting power of the Holy Spirit opens our eyes to our sin and opens our hearts to receive His grace (Ephesians 2:8).

There you go limiting the Holy Spirit again. I too know the Gospel of John.
John 16:13. When the Spirit of Truth is come He will guide you into all truth, for He shall not speak of himself but whatsoever He shall hear shall He speak and He will show you things to come.
I understand your need to cling to Mount Sinai, but the Holy Spirit is much bigger than The Ten.
I defer to your free will choice to remain under the first covenant and remain in bondage.
Galatians 4:24, 25. Which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar—for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children—

I choose citizenship in heaven.
Galatians 4:26. but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Obviously, your message has been made abundantly clear, and has been rejected. Try somewhere else.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,808.44
Faith
Messianic
There you go limiting the Holy Spirit again. I too know the Gospel of John.
John 16:13. When the Spirit of Truth is come He will guide you into all truth, for He shall not speak of himself but whatsoever He shall hear shall He speak and He will show you things to come.
I understand your need to cling to Mount Sinai, but the Holy Spirit is much bigger than The Ten.
I defer to your free will choice to remain under the first covenant and remain in bondage.
Galatians 4:24, 25. Which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar—for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children—

I choose citizenship in heaven.
Galatians 4:26. but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.
Obviously, your message has been made abundantly clear, and has been rejected. Try somewhere else.
Hold up here, there is no limit to the Holy Spirit, but to the Will of God, which is defined in the TEN. By those guidelines, THE TRUTH, THE WAY, and THE LIFE are found. It is not bondage but freedom from sin. For all eternity, we will be without sin and within God's directive. You are misunderstanding the two covenants. Those who teach that Yeshua came to start a new religion need to study the Hebrew scriptures, and to realize that it is God’s word that is inspired, not the translation they are reading.

Let me explain ....Gal 4:25: The Jews (those who reject Messiah and embrace Talmudic Judaism) were, and still are, in bondage to the lie that they are righteous because they are sons of Abraham and follow the Laws of Moses without the Messiah to lead them.

Gal 4:27: The sons of the promise are free. They are not in bondage to the traditions of the Jews and their works of salvation. They know they will ultimately be judged by Torah. Paul just stated that the two women are like the two covenants. Since Israel was not able to obey His Torah through their own efforts with the covenant they made with Elohim at Mount Sinai, Elohim had to make a New Covenant with them and put His Spirit within them. This New Covenant and the Spirit of Messiah only comes to us through the blood of Messiah.

Never has the TEN ever been associated with bondage, slavery, or associated with evil or sin like it is the wrong direction to live your life. It is righteous, Holy, and the very foundation of God's government.

Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Gal 4:28: We are as much sons of Abraham as was Isaac.

Psalm 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth
he meditate day and night.

Psalm 119:15 I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

(CLV) Ps 119:142
Your righteousness is eonian righteousness, And Your law is truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

Gal 4:28: We are as much sons of Abraham as was Isaac.

Psalm 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth
he meditate day and night.

Psalm 119:15 I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.

Thank you for sharing this. This is very insightful.

Upvote 0