Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
How is it reconciled?

(CLV) Hb 10:26
For at our sinning voluntarily after obtaining the recognition of the truth, it is no longer leaving a sacrifice concerned with sins,

(CLV) Hb 10:27
but a certain fearful waiting for judging and fiery jealousy, about to be eating the hostile.

(CLV) Hb 10:28
Anyone repudiating Moses' law is dying without pity on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

(CLV) Hb 10:29
Of how much worse punishment, are you supposing, will he be counted worthy who tramples on the Son of God, and deems the blood of the covenant by which he is hallowed contaminating, and outrages the spirit of grace?

Reactions: GospelS

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It's, very, very, quiet in here.

Replies:
Views:
I'm thinking that this is probably what it will look like when it comes time to answer for those sins.

Following Yahshua's example in obedience to the Torah, is a very serious matter.

Upvote 0
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When David had a choice to choose a punishment from either Man or God, he chose God, knowing He is much more merciful than any man. This will be my only thin thread of hope when my turn arrives. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Christians have been out from under the Law of Moses for two thousand years and so have no history or memory of it. We would have to be re-educated about it.

Upvote 0

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Christians have been out from under the Law of Moses for two thousand years and so have no history or memory of it.
Why did Jesus say, "Go and never sin again?"

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It says that all sins are forgiven for those that believe and then repent.

Indeed. The key is true repentance. That takes the power of YHWH working within you.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What is an example of an involuntary sin?

Accidentally eating a corn chip made with pork lard, and not even knowing it. This is what our High priest covers on Yom Kippur.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
When David had a choice to choose a punishment from either Man or God, he chose God, knowing He is much more merciful than any man. This will be my only thin thread of hope when my turn arrives. :crossrc:

I don't remember that passage. Would you post it for us?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said He came to fulfill the Law, not to do away with it. where the Old Covenant is a physical application of the law - the Law defining sin- the New Covenant is the spiritual application and still defines what sin is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Jesus said He came to fulfill the Law, not to do away with it. where the Old Covenant is a physical application of the law - the Law defining sin- the New Covenant is the spiritual application and still defines what sin is.

In fact we are to fulfill the law as we follow Yahshua's example.

(CLV) Ro 8:4
that the just requirement of the law may be fulfilled in us, who are not walking in accord with flesh, but in accord with spirit.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I think he meant go and commit adultery no more.

Personally, I wouldn't have used that verse as an example; but do you believe that Yahshua has to break it down on by one and say don't do that again; when YHWH said no from the beginning.

I liken it to a mother telling her child. Don't play with matches, you'll set the house on fire.

Should she have to say; and don't set the shed on fire; and don't set the yard on fire; and don't set the car on fire; and don't set the neighbor's house on fire, and so on?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
How is it reconciled?

(CLV) Hb 10:26
For at our sinning voluntarily after obtaining the recognition of the truth, it is no longer leaving a sacrifice concerned with sins,

(CLV) Hb 10:27
but a certain fearful waiting for judging and fiery jealousy, about to be eating the hostile.

(CLV) Hb 10:28
Anyone repudiating Moses' law is dying without pity on the testimony of two or three witnesses.

(CLV) Hb 10:29
Of how much worse punishment, are you supposing, will he be counted worthy who tramples on the Son of God, and deems the blood of the covenant by which he is hallowed contaminating, and outrages the spirit of grace?
This isn’t for believers, but for the Jews in the audience who have rejected the gospel. There remains no more sacrifice because they have rejected the true sacrifice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0