Visitors center welcoming thread (TCL members please check in here)

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
The last time I posted in this thread was 2010, and I was still with AG then. I've since joined a church that has dual affiliations, TEC & ELCA, and have been confirmed as Lutheran (ELCA). I've been very happy with the change!

:liturgy: :clap:

Upvote 0

filosofer

Senior Veteran
Feb 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,913.00
Faith
Lutheran
For those recently joining the forums, welcome. I was LCMS for 56 years, and now TAALC for 10 years (in June). Our church body is in altar and pulpit fellowship with the LCMS.

While our church body is small, we have been expanding our seminary and providing some excellent pastors. The AALC also has some seminary(ALTS) graduates/students who are very active on the web.

Fighting for the Faith, by Pirate Christian Radio, Chris Rosebrough

Just and Sinner by Pastor Jordan Cooper.

Against the Wind by Brandon Hanson.

I have a blog as well, but not as active:
Believe, Teach, Confess

Anyway, welcome.

Reactions: Red Moses
Upvote 0

SteadfastLutheran

Apr 13, 2016
California
✟15,538.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Found this forum while searching for things and looks like a well-moderated site! I grew up Presbyterian, ended up doing the whole Charismatic thing for several years, then a few years of what I refer to as "Modern American Evangelical" and through learning proper Bible study ended up becoming Lutheran. Will check back here more often as I work through flushing out some of the remaining nonsense I've picked up over the years.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Welcome aboard! This forum can be slow at times, but there will always be something to discuss here in TCL. You can also go check out General Theology if you like a good hearty discussion about faith and things.

Upvote 0

GoldenSky

Feb 24, 2008
By Yon River Hudson
✟9,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Hi, I am just saying hello. I'm what might be know as a "larker," meaning I lark around to different churches. Two of my favorite churches in my town are Lutheran -- they are very accepting of me and really make me feel welcome. I also like the fact that they sing *all the stanzas of the hymns! :clap: That's wonderful. Is that a typical Lutheran thing, to do that?

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,555.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I am just saying hello. I'm what might be know as a "larker," meaning I lark around to different churches. Two of my favorite churches in my town are Lutheran -- they are very accepting of me and really make me feel welcome. I also like the fact that they sing *all the stanzas of the hymns! :clap: That's wonderful. Is that a typical Lutheran thing, to do that?
Yes, it is; is that not common elsewhere?

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,555.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Catholics almost always sing only 2-3 verses.
The Catholics in my area must have learned from us Lutherans; and sing hymns like we do; though in years gone by, they let the choir do most of the singing, but that has changed. I recall one mixed wedding at a Catholic Chruch back in the 70's; the Priest stopped the congregation in the middle of a hymn; pointed out to his parishioners on the brides side of the Chruch just how much more effort the "Lutherans" on the other side were putting forth; and made us start over after he admonished his parishioners to do better! Everyone took it in stride and in good humor, and they did a lot better second time through!

Reactions: GoldenSky
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AMM

A Beggar
Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Checking in here! The Lord be with you! (As a Lutheran, aren't I obliged to introduce myself like that? Haha ;))

I'm Alex (high church LCMS), and I'm trying to start/restore a tradition of asceticism/monasticism in Lutheranism! I've got a blog (it doesn't have much yet, but I'm working on it) to record my journey into a more monastic way of life if you wanna check it out. thelutheranmonk.wordpress.com

Looking forward to getting to know some of my Lutheran Brethren here and having a good place for edifying conversation.

Upvote 0

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Checking in here! The Lord be with you! (As a Lutheran, aren't I obliged to introduce myself like that? Haha ;))

I'm Alex (high church LCMS), and I'm trying to start/restore a tradition of asceticism/monasticism in Lutheranism! I've got a blog (it doesn't have much yet, but I'm working on it) to record my journey into a more monastic way of life if you wanna check it out. thelutheranmonk.wordpress.com

Looking forward to getting to know some of my Lutheran Brethren here and having a good place for edifying conversation.
Greetings! Are you aware of the Lutheran Liturgical Prayer Brotherhood?

Upvote 0

AMM

A Beggar
Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Reactions: Tangible
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
New to the forum from a week ago. I have been popping around the different pages and groups. I am most interested in the Lutheran Church and my wife and I have been trying different ones around our home. We were married at a ELCA church and liked the service very much, but we have since moved and live to far from that church. I am here to learn and grow in the faith. I prefer High church services and like the theology of Lutherans.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
New to the forum from a week ago. I have been popping around the different pages and groups. I am most interested in the Lutheran Church and my wife and I have been trying different ones around our home. We were married at a ELCA church and liked the service very much, but we have since moved and live to far from that church. I am here to learn and grow in the faith. I prefer High church services and like the theology of Lutherans.
Welcome to our little neck of the woods and Happy Birthday!

Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

AMM

A Beggar
Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Virginia
✟329,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship

Welcome to the forums! Hope we can provide what you're looking for, although nothing can really replace a good Lutheran parish and priest/pastor - I'd recommend trying to find one nearby even if you can only visit once a month (or even less!). If you feel comfortable sharing your location, maybe some people here can suggest a congregation in the area.

In any case, welcome, and happy birthday!

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome to the forums! Hope we can provide what you're looking for, although nothing can really replace a good Lutheran parish and priest/pastor - I'd recommend trying to find one nearby even if you can only visit once a month (or even less!). If you feel comfortable sharing your location, maybe some people here can suggest a congregation in the area.

In any case, welcome, and happy birthday!

Thank you! We live in Tampa, FL. Currently we have been to St. Paul's, Messiah Lutheran, and Grace Lutheran. The ELCA or LCMS (leaning ELCA) fits our views best, and St. Paul was a really nice parish, but a bit far. Messiah was nice and the closest, but they do not have communion every service and the average age was a bit high. Grace is my favorite so far, but starting in June and through September they merge the traditional and contemporary service, so it is hard to say what their service will be like. This could actually be good as my wife prefers a contemporary service and I prefer the traditional - so a merged service could be just what we are looking for.

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0