Jeremiah 33:3
Nov 6, 2005
earth is my temporary home
✟594.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Friday night I was led by the Holy Spirit to pray for several people and one in particular being President Bush...
As soon as I prayed for him, I saw a big hill. On the hill was a big building. The building fell to the ground flat. After the building fell, I saw several crosses spaced evenly apart, right in front of where the building was standing. On the crosses, blowing in the wind, were very tattered, torn white cloths that were wrapped around the 'T' on each cross. It startled me but I wasn't afraid.
I have no idea what that means yet. I've asked the Lord for understanding of it and I know He will give it to me....
Anyone have any input?:scratch:

ahmunmun

聖戰武士
Sep 6, 2004
My heart is in Hong Kong...
Visit site
✟11,148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Could it be that the building is where the president is and the fact that it falls would symbolize his power falling? Then the crosses that replaced the building would be Christ taking over America!

That is my first impression. It seems obvious so I'm guessing that you might have thought of this too. Well, I'm anxious to hear if someone else will have another interpretation.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
As soon as I prayed for him, I saw a big hill. On the hill was a big building. The building fell to the ground flat. After the building fell, I saw several crosses spaced evenly apart, right in front of where the building was standing. On the crosses, blowing in the wind, were very tattered, torn white cloths that were wrapped around the 'T' on each cross. It startled me but I wasn't afraid.

It is very commendable to pray for people in power. They need all the help they can get.

In terms of the dream, I think it is not one of those that needs to be interpreted, but rather accepted as a gift.

One comment, though. If any interpretation changes your feeling, and gives you fear, where you had none, then it will be the wrong interpretation. From this perspective, the best I can say is that the temple is destroyed, but the empty cross remains standing through all eternity.

:wave:

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Could it be that the building is where the president is and the fact that it falls would symbolize his power falling? Then the crosses that replaced the building would be Christ taking over America!

I feel very strongly that this dream is not about America, nor about politics. It is bigger than that. It is about not being afraid, and seeing the bigger picture.

It is about praying for our leaders, but keeping our eyes on the cross. The feeling is not fear.

Upvote 0

Atha

Witness...
Aug 19, 2006
Champlin
✟2,903.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
http://www.christianforums.com/t3289695-enough-hope-1.html

tis about a new government called Order of Mankind of the Kingdom Forever.... God is King!

go to page 3 for the first of the form..

and forever is to be a gift to God, from all of man, so all the ideas work within.. its just got a structure and a rule of pure good..

Upvote 0

breatheprayer

Nov 6, 2005
✟594.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel very strongly that this dream is not about America, nor about politics. It is bigger than that. It is about not being afraid, and seeing the bigger picture.

It is about praying for our leaders, but keeping our eyes on the cross. The feeling is not fear.

When I read your input, it was almost like I felt peace like that is what it means...and to add to your thought...
Even though our world is and will be 'falling' down around us, the Cross remains and will remain. The building was gigantic as is some of the problems and storms we see.The white cloths possibly symbolizing God's witnesses, us, who are tattered and torn through many trials, will remain with Him, no matter how 'big' the situations may seem.

Upvote 0

Majestic_Decadence

She cries for nothing else
May 17, 2006
Herefordshire
✟15,325.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That description of the cross and the rags is rather macarbe for me since I once had a dream where there was a rich girl, possibly a princess, like Queen Cleopatra, and I don't remember it so well now (i have it written in my dream diary) but I think she burst and all that was left of her was a metal cross with bloody lumps of her, gathered around the 'T' of the cross.

Upvote 0

Mac76

Jul 21, 2006
✟15,155.00
Faith
Christian
When I read your input, it was almost like I felt peace like that is what it means...and to add to your thought...
Even though our world is and will be 'falling' down around us, the Cross remains and will remain. The building was gigantic as is some of the problems and storms we see.The white cloths possibly symbolizing God's witnesses, us, who are tattered and torn through many trials, will remain with Him, no matter how 'big' the situations may seem.

Hello, I just wanted to say that I have never "felt" anything when reading most of the dreams on these boards, nor have I tried to interpret any, but when I first read your post I felt urged to say exactly what you have said here, that buildings will crumble away and all that is left is the cross. Maybe it's a reminder that while praying for our leaders is good, we must realize that our leaders will change, whether we agree with them or not, but we must never forget what really matters... Jesus must be first in our lives...everything else is will fall away.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
That description of the cross and the rags is rather macarbe for me since I once had a dream where there was a rich girl, possibly a princess, like Queen Cleopatra, and I don't remember it so well now (i have it written in my dream diary) but I think she burst and all that was left of her was a metal cross with bloody lumps of her, gathered around the 'T' of the cross.

I understand why you needed to talk about this dream of yours, but can you see that it is very different from the one quoted, and has a different meaning and a different tone completely?

Yours is a very violent image, and it is, imo, related to wishes of self destruction. If this is a recurring theme with you, then you need a thread of your own. :wave:

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

An interpretation to keep both Republicans and Democrats happy: George Bush is not God, so by all means pray for him, but don't worry. :) :D :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

breatheprayer

Nov 6, 2005
✟594.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An interpretation to keep both Republicans and Democrats happy: George Bush is not God, so by all means pray for him, but don't worry. :) :D :)

LOL...couldn't have said it better myself! :D
Mac76, thank you for your post :wave:

Upvote 0

Majestic_Decadence

May 17, 2006
Herefordshire
✟15,325.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yours is a very violent image, and it is, imo, related to wishes of self destruction. If this is a recurring theme with you, then you need a thread of your own.

I must admit myself terribly surprised - I never wish for self-destruction and I was not aware of my recurring theme.
I thought myself a very happy person.
:confused:

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Not to sound dark. But could it mean that just as Nimrods tower and power eventually collapsed, so will America?

No. This is an impossible interpretation.

The reason for this is that God is not in the business of frightening people for no reason. If a dream or vision is from God it will be one of reassurance, hope and consolation. It will never be one which leaves you with a racing heart, sweating brow and a terror of falling asleep again.

God is love, and his dreams are there to console the saints, and to bring them the peace and reassurance of his presence. Look again at how the dreamer described it; there was no fear.

If God does not send fear, then it is not for you to bring fears of your own, and think they may be the right reason for the dream. :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Majestic_Decadence

May 17, 2006
Herefordshire
✟15,325.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The reason for this is that God is not in the business of frightening people for no reason. If a dream or vision is from God it will be one of reassurance, hope and consolation.

And I suppose Revelations shows reassurance, hope and consulation instead of the end of the world? ...

Upvote 0

breatheprayer

Nov 6, 2005
✟594.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have just realized something pretty cool...
I keep a journal (try to daily, but doesn't always work) of things that I know the Lord is communicating with me, answered prayer, etc...and visa versa
I looked back and discovered that two times I experienced a dream right before and in the midst of a majorly serious trial in our family.
This vision in this thread happened right before my family and I were only a day or two away from spiritual warfare involving the church we attend.
Isn't God amazing?! He shows us in so many ways how He keeps us under His Mighty wing of protection.
To God Be the Glory Forever...
Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

Grateful4God

Aug 3, 2006
Connecticut, USA
Visit site
✟8,178.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. This is an impossible interpretation.

The reason for this is that God is not in the business of frightening people for no reason. If a dream or vision is from God it will be one of reassurance, hope and consolation. It will never be one which leaves you with a racing heart, sweating brow and a terror of falling asleep again.

God is love, and his dreams are there to console the saints, and to bring them the peace and reassurance of his presence. Look again at how the dreamer described it; there was no fear.

If God does not send fear, then it is not for you to bring fears of your own, and think they may be the right reason for the dream. :wave:

Very wise. I agree. Thank you for the correction.

Upvote 0