heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
people say all kinds of things online and sometimes twist things around, and thats scary because it misleads you from the truth. i believe God is the truth to everything and maybe i should just not read much online and just pray for guidance that God will reveal more of these things to me. etc i do not believe in other Gods. i thought God created everything.
You said it.
We are just people like you, trying to come up with explanations. Your source is God. If your dream was from God, then make sure you are listening to Him, more than us.

Upvote 0

IloveGod33

Jul 25, 2009
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know. Someone said i was being tested, i don't understand why they did that. i was just looking for some answers, i do try to listen to God but sometimes that is hard with so many visions and people saying different things. I guess i should just read my bible more and pray to God about his message. But God did and does changes my life for the good, so i guess that is a positive answer right there.

Can i ask a question though, how can you know a dream is from God and not something else? All my visions happens when i am usually awake.

Upvote 0
F

freeport

I know. Someone said i was being tested, i don't understand why they did that. i was just looking for some answers, i do try to listen to God but sometimes that is hard with so many visions and people saying different things. I guess i should just read my bible more and pray to God about his message. But God did and does changes my life for the good, so i guess that is a positive answer right there.

Can i ask a question though, how can you know a dream is from God and not something else? All my visions happens when i am usually awake.

I didn't test you, I pointed out that a poster (GaryP) was testing you, claiming your dream was false. And I pointed out he got to you and made you waver in your confidence.

You have to hold to faith whether a dream is from God or not. Do you believe, or not.

And if you believe, you have to hold to that faith against testing.

Again, you really need to study the New Testament.

As John said, 'we don't need teachers because the anointing is real, and Jesus himself is your teacher' -- to paraphrase.

Teachers can help, however, obviously, as no one knows everything, but if anyone teaches us it is not from them, but from the Spirit of the Teacher (Jesus Christ) working through them.

However we do not need to rely on anyone but the Spirit within.

You should not be able to get confused so easily about dreams and visions from God, is what I was saying. If it is from God and you believe it, you can get tested. And the faith wavers. You have to strengthen your faith and not be so quick to fall away from it.

People can tell you something, like whether a dream or vision is from God: but you have to know and believe that within your own heart.

You need to get to a point to where you know yourself without someone outside telling you.

Upvote 0

IloveGod33

Jul 25, 2009
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know you wasn't testing me silly. lol i said someone mention i was being tested and i just wanted to know why, i didnt come here to be tested. anyway, from the visions i had it seems like God is telling me i have a connection with him and Jesus, because it always leads back to a marriage with Jesus. etc. but as long as i follow him only i can continue on that path to my life to fulfill my destiny. yes i feel within my heart i have some purpose on earth. maybe God is showing me the way. but i also saw some bad things that scare me, i even heard a voice that sounded unfamaliar to me. i suppose that could have came from the other side. i feel like that thing down there interferes in my life and tries to confuse me with my visions and everything also but i totally have faith and believe in God and know he will protect me and take care of me.

i think you guys have great posts esp. freeport, they make a lot of sense.

Upvote 0
F

freeport

I know you wasn't testing me silly. lol i said someone mention i was being tested and i just wanted to know why, i didnt come here to be tested. anyway, from the visions i had it seems like God is telling me i have a connection with him and Jesus, because it always leads back to a marriage with Jesus. etc. but as long as i follow him only i can continue on that path to my life to fulfill my destiny. yes i feel within my heart i have some purpose on earth. maybe God is showing me the way. but i also saw some bad things that scare me, i even heard a voice that sounded unfamaliar to me. i suppose that could have came from the other side. i feel like that thing down there interferes in my life and tries to confuse me with my visions and everything also but i totally have faith and believe in God and know he will protect me and take care of me.

i think you guys have great posts esp. freeport, they make a lot of sense.

Glad to be of service... bad visions and dreams come as well. Some posters will test you, here, anywhere. That poster tests people. Everything works together for the good, however.

We also have spiritual warfare... and that can present to us internally lies, accusations and such... so you have to hold to the pure faith and recognize that as being from the wicked powers, rebuking them by the word of God, and relying on the sanctification of the Spirit of Jesus Christ for your sins.

All of this is completely normal.

And we are not tested forever.

So, keep to your faith that God loves you and is working through you. Hold to that.

As for being destined for "greater things", I posted this to another poster last night and say this a lot:

All things hidden will be revealed. People forget Abraham did not have some scribe following him around recording what God's work did through him. He believed that the work he did in secret would be revealed, however to many, for their edification. And it was.

Same with Enoch and Noah, and many others.

They lived life in the Spirit and grew and God worked through them. They did not have a large audience by any means. But, God used their lives for all of us as examples of how important our own spiritual lives really are.

Upvote 0

IloveGod33

Jul 25, 2009
✟7,643.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah. I agree. I had terrified visions where something said i was satan etc. it scared me for real. and other visions where i was the chosen one..lol
Sometimes they are so bad i end up in the ER and even there i see them.

ahhh sometimes these visions can be scary and confusing but yeah i know God wouldnt tell me something to make me feel bad.^_^

Upvote 0
F

freeport

Yeah. I agree. I had terrified visions where something said i was satan etc. it scared me for real. and other visions where i was the chosen one..lol
Sometimes they are so bad i end up in the ER and even there i see them.

ahhh sometimes these visions can be scary and confusing but yeah i know God wouldnt tell me something to make me feel bad.^_^

Unless you are secretly a guy posing as a female, you are not Satan.

Everybody has their own sins, anyway. It is God who allows us to be tested, but wicked spirits which are behind that and they are punished for it. For instance, look at the story of Job.

Without adversity there is no story, no plot, no chance to grow.

It is to force to rely on the Spirit of God and not on your flesh.

And so the Spirit may grow.

I have gone through all sorts of internal horrors, testings of vast magnitude. Stuff that would scare people just to describe them. It would be impossible for the flesh to withstand such things.

And I am still here, standing.

I don't get tested much anymore: that sort of thing just flies back on them.

Testing is important as well for the condemnation of the destructive forces of the earth which are quickly fading away as the Kingdom of God advances through Christ in God against all enemies, with death being the last.

We do not fight with knife and gun, but are as lambs meant to remain strong: it is God who is our defender.

The wicked powers rely on their own strength.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
F

freeport

ok. you seem to know a lot. that's great. do you minister or anything like that?

Besides here and a few other places, anonymously, no.

I am just me being me.

I view individuals as important... not so much into the whole "big group" thing.

If God gives me anything good to say, it is from God, not myself.

God made the heavens, he also made the strange insects. [Meaning a greater audience brings out greater words. Though God makes everything for a good purpose.]

People can think that they are doing nothing of importance if they just deal with one person here or there, but I find that reasoning shallow and missing faith in God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
F

freeport

i see. well that's awesome. i would love to teach or even write a book someday. i love talking about God. :thumbsup:

i hope we can talk more on here. you seem nice and intelligent......

My door is always open, you can always PM me, if you wish: God is all I ever talk about. Otherwise, I would be on some other forum whittling away my hours. (I have been on other forums, but have still had God's will as my focus. I far more prefer to directly talk on the things of God, however.)

What else is there.

On teaching or writing a book: I think about writing a book sometimes. But, last time I did that seriously it became prophecy for me, so I generally try and stay away from that.

I started to write some books this summer and stopped. The fiction is good and readable, but the symbolism for me is too obvious. All I try and do with fiction is put into metaphor things I have seen and learned about the truth of the world and Heaven. But, ultimately, the importance of these things is for our own spiritual growth: all things God has shown us come through us at all times. It builds us up.

I also started to write three different non-fiction type Christian books: two to appeal to those who have been thrown off God and Jesus by the world and Christians in gross error, and one type for more spiritual people. I found in both cases I would offend - invariably - both groups.

So that was not the way, but I learned from all that, as the Lord would show me new things.

I ended up dissecting these things and using them in various places.

Personally, I enjoy the forum format. It is more brief and relies on grace. People are led by the Lord: in questions, in life problems, in dreams & visions, and so on. And we can be led by the Lord in answering.

I usually find the Lord teaches me something, someone posts, and I already have the answer and how to say it.

Other times, they raise something new, and it gives me something to pray and meditate on.

However, different things for different people.

What we do know is we have joy and we want to express that joy. That can come out in countless ways. For some it might be through some art, for some they might work with people and express it in their daily lives and conversation.

God gives us our lights so they may shine before people: that way they may praise God, for God is the One worthy of praise. And that praise is an expression of the joy -- just as people who are cursed by God curse God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
F

freeport

how does one get cursed by God?

i have so many questions but little answers! lol

I find the Holy Spirit leads me in studying Scripture so any question I may have might get answered, or I might get the question itself more clarified for what I am really looking for.

You might want to bring such questions to PM or post on Christian Advice. You will get a variety of opinions and need to sort through such things, though I think most answers tend to be on target.

Not real sure by what you mean by 'how does one get cursed by God'. Why ask such a question, what context?

Upvote 0
F

freeport

Ok. why? because i'm skeptical (curious) about everything.

God blesses whom He will and God curses whom He will. All are equal in God's eyes. What is it to the Almighty God to make someone great in goodness that they might boast over Him?

The wicked have been created cursed simply to serve as adversaries for the growth of Children of God.

Some say the wicked will always be cursed, I do not read the text that way. I expect that they will have a chance to repent and change and be saved.

But without adversity, will they have such brilliant houses as the saints of God?

So, I see a time of adversity for them.

Because it is in our struggles which have been our growth that we have seen the brilliance of God as we have.

This said, is it not also possible that God might have brought along all the saints simply to finally save the rest of the world? Yes, it is. I see that as another possibility as well.

For in seeing God and having God in our hearts: that is Heaven, that is paradise. One need not go and do anything to do so.

Upvote 0

GaryP

Apr 28, 2009
✟16,466.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Private
This is what I suggest, Go to Mark 15:38 and peer into the Temple, it's open.
Do you desire to go to the Father or look toward the Sun. The Act of Jesus tore the
Temple curtain and opened up the Temple. Where is your vision taking your eyes
Temple or Sun. Your Choice. Sight or Faith, Which light is Stronger, Oh, by the way
the Sun will burn out.

Upvote 0