Berlin
✟186,302.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I suppose if you look at it technically, then yes. However, this would be very legalistic when regarded with combination with the what God has to say about it. The issue with pharisees was that they followed the letter of the law, but not the spirit. This is a major issue with a lot of Christians today, as well. So while that woman may still be a virgin from a biological standpoint, I would not consider her chaste, meaning a virgin from a spiritual standpoint. The spiritual point of view is what matters, for things of the spirit are closely related to your heart. As such, my final, biblical answer would be: no. And if the woman would claim to be one, she would be fooling none but herself. She definitely would not fool God, for He sees the heart.

Upvote 0

AnnaDeborah

Aug 5, 2018
private
✟30,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Technically, yes, but why are you asking?

Different people have different understandings of virginity. If this is a query regarding an actual relationship, it would be wise for the people in question to be honest about their past experiences. E.g. for a woman to claim that she is a virgin based on technicality when she knows the man would understand 'virgin' as someone who hadn't played around, would not be a good basis for a relationship.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I’ve got a biology degree and a virgin is a female that hasn’t been pregnant . ;) I always thought this emphasis on sexlessness equating to purity was a little silly

Better question is he dependable , stable , caring , good natured trustworthy etc . Then marry him and stop worrying about this nonsense

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
;) I always thought this emphasis on sexlessness equating to purity was a little silly

Me too, but it is understandable in the context of the patriarchy of the time and place. If the inheritance of wealth, power and privilege is to be only through the male line, then protecting the virginity of daughters until marriage is all important. So too is the protection of wives from other men. After all maternity is obvious but paternity is not. And remember that male virginity has never been an issue.

Upvote 0

AnnaDeborah

Aug 5, 2018
private
✟30,123.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’ve got a biology degree and a virgin is a female that hasn’t been pregnant
The dictionary definition is 'one who has never had sexual intercourse'. Which is certainly the commonly understood meaning in the UK.

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I’ve got a biology degree and a virgin is a female that hasn’t been pregnant .
I think you refer to a heifer. Virginity refers to a woman who has not been penetrated by a man.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think you refer to a heifer. Virginity refers to a woman who has not been penetrated by a man.
:oldthumbsup: :clap:Hilarious way of wording that but technically a heifer refers to a cow, not a woman.

Nulligravida is a woman who hasn't been pregnant.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If a woman has played around with a man and done everything sexual but has not been penetrated by him, is she still a virgin?

Ephesians 5

But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

Physically she is still a virgin ... but that does not mean everything else is ok.

and of course there is this one.

Matthew 5:28

but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Now really, you mean one can do "everything else" and not have any lust? No ... lust IS why one is doing everything else.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
copyChkboxOn.gif
1Ki 1:4 - And the damsel was very fair, and cherished the king, and ministered to him: but the king knew her not.
1 Kings 1 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
Adonijah Wants to Be King
1 King David was very old and could not keep warm. His servants covered him with blankets, but he was still cold. 2 So they said to him, “We will find a young woman to care for you. She will lie next to you and keep you warm.”3 So the king’s servants began looking everywhere in the country of Israel for a beautiful young woman to keep the king warm. They found a young woman named Abishag, from the town of Shunem, and brought her to the king.4 She was very beautiful. She cared for the king and served him, but King David did not have sexual relations with her.

From the context, She only shared body heat with David, nothing more is implied.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Virginity is also defined as "the state of being naive, innocent, or inexperienced in a particular context."

So, from that perspective, No you are not a Virgin. But, God forgives. So, pray to him and ask for it.

Even Planned Parenthood says, "Some people believe that you’re not a virgin if your hymen is stretched open. But having a hymen and being a virgin are not the same thing."

“It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God” (1 Thessalonians 4:3-5, NIV).

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any sexual activity even if theres no "penetration" means virginity is lose in my mind. Sexual acts or still sexual. At least biblically. Some would say your still a virgin if you haven't had sex because the hymen is broken but thats just a technical world view of "virgin".

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If a woman has played around with a man and done everything sexual but has not been penetrated by him, is she still a virgin?

Biologically or physiologically, yes. But not in her heart. Christ taught that a man who has looked upon a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her in his heart and stands guilty of the sin of adultery as a consequence. (Matthew 5:28) In the same way, a couple doing everything but sexual penetration with each other is guilty of the sin of fornication. They may have not gone all the way, but the attitude of their hearts is nonetheless sinful and in God's eyes they are as guilty of fornication as if they had actually had sexual intercourse. In any case, if they don't knock off the foreplay, they are going to become guilty of the sin of fornication in the fullest degree. Nothing good will come of doing so outside of God's prescribed boundaries for sex.

Galatians 6:7-8
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

Sin always takes us farther than we wanted to go and costs us more than we wanted to pay. God's not kidding when He warns us that the "wages of sin is death." (Romans 6:23)

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Any sexual activity even if theres no "penetration" means virginity is lose in my mind. Sexual acts or still sexual. At least biblically. Some would say your still a virgin if you haven't had sex because the hymen is broken but thats just a technical world view of "virgin".

Even Planned Parenthood says, "Some people believe that you’re not a virgin if your hymen is stretched open. But having a hymen and being a virgin are not the same thing."

Upvote 0