Vindman & Williams agree that Hunter Biden & Burisma have "appearance of conflict of interest”

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Republicans called Kurt Volker to testify and he promptly shut down the right wing's biggest allegation against Joe Biden

• Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee called Volker as one of their witnesses in the impeachment hearings, but he almost immediately shattered their main talking point.
  • A major GOP talking point in defending Trump against the impeachment inquiry is that he was justified in asking Ukraine to investigate what he believed to be corruption on the part of Hunter Biden.
  • But at the beginning of his testimony, Volker strongly denounced the allegations of corruption against the Bidens as "self-serving," "not credible," and a "conspiracy."
Volker really didn't help the Republicans, certainly not in regards to Biden.

Also, he said this in his opening statement:
Volker admits he was wrong to view Biden and Burisma separately

“In hindsight, I now understand that others saw the idea of investigating possible corruption involving the Ukrainian company, “Burisma,” as equivalent to investigating former Vice President Biden. I saw them as very different. The former being appropriate and unremarkable, the latter being unacceptable,” Volker said in his opening statement. “In retrospect, I should have seen that connection differently, and had I done so, I would have raised my own objections.”​

And btw, even Morrison, a Republican staffer for many years before the NSC job, said that Sondland confirmed to him that there was a quid pro quo.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
And btw, even Morrison, a Republican staffer for many years before the NSC job, said that Sondland confirmed to him that there was a quid pro quo.
Really?
Watch the 1st 35 seconds......

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Cool, I await the Republican bill that will PROHIBIT any U.S. Federal Official, including POTUS, from having a family member serve on any Corporate Board.
You will have to look to the Dems for that bill since they control the House......

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,326.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
You will have to look to the Dems for that bill since they control the House......
And the Republicans control the Senate. So they could easily pass such a bill in the Senate and then pressure the House to take it up.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
And the Republicans control the Senate. So they could easily pass such a bill in the Senate and then pressure the House to take it up.
Oh, the senate R will 'pressure' the D's in the House with......what exactly? That they will confirm even more judicial nominations?....LOL

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,326.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Oh, the senate R will 'pressure' the D's in the House with......what exactly? That they will confirm even more judicial nominations?....LOL
Political pressure. An anti-corruption bill is a hard thing to take a stand against. But you're right. In order to do any legislating they will need to take a pause from stacking the courts with hard right nominees, some of which are rated as unqualified by the ABA.

• Haha
Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Political pressure. An anti-corruption bill is a hard thing to take a stand against. But you're right. In order to do any legislating they will need to take a pause from stacking the courts with hard right nominees, some of which are rated as unqualified by the ABA.
LOLOL

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
They had their chance with both houses R.

We all know R's will never ever force corporate board reform. Not even for Americans on foreign boards. Too many of their donors wont permit it.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't know why you're laughing. Political pressure does wonders. That's the main reason we even have the impeachment process happening now.
It was the rest of your comment I was laughing about......

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,326.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It was the rest of your comment I was laughing about......
What's to laugh about? The fact that the nominees they are rushing to fill the vacancies they held open during the Obama Administration are far right and some have been rated as unqualified are facts.

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Really?
Watch the 1st 35 seconds......
I watched her. I watched as Jordan and a few other Republicans took their 5 minutes to lead the witnesses, to spout the Republican line so that the witnesses didn't say much at all.

BUT, Volker's opening statement was pretty clear in that he thought initially that the investigation into Burisma would be regarding only Ukrainians, and once he realized that it was about Hunter Biden and Joe Biden, then he viewed it as unacceptable.
He was clear in standing up for Joe Biden.

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I watched her. I watched as Jordan and a few other Republicans took their 5 minutes to lead the witnesses, to spout the Republican line so that the witnesses didn't say much at all.

....a repeated pattern with every witness. The Republicans refuse to address the central issue.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Democrats have proved nothing, apart from their desparation. Each star witness is dismantled by the excellent Jim Jordan.

Very embarrassing for Schiff and poelosi...

Dismantled? Sure, if you buy into the GOP conspiracy theories. It's a sad demonstration of how far the GOP has gone off the rails.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0