Views on 1 John 4:1-3 and 2 John 1:7-8 ??

Mar 31, 2011
Babylon
✟16,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Buhdism(fig tree), New Age, Sceintology, hinduism, and many factions of those religions are gnostic in their teaching. These faiths, along with Eastern Star and many others are waging spiritual warfare for the souls of Christians Muslims and Jews.

Proverbs 24:5 James 1:3, Colossians 1:10, Ephesians 1:17, 2 Peter 1:2,8. The Bible is gnostic, and the early Christians were gnostic. Like I said gnosticism is very broad. But when it comes down to knowledge (gnosis) it is gained through experience or works like the ones told that prove faith in Hebrews 11.

Sorry for derailing a bit...

Peace.

Upvote 0
Mar 31, 2011
Babylon
✟16,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
"AntiChrist" - from the Greek anticristo.
"Anti" serves two functions in the Greek language that the New Testament was written in:
- against
- instead of.
An antiChrist could indeed be someone who
- is opposed to Christ
- or claims to Be Him or equal to Him...or His replacement, etc, or re-defines Him into being someone other than the true one....thus replacing the true one.

You are right, thanks for opening my mind. :)

Peace be to all of you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Merlinius

Nov 9, 2011
✟8,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 John 4:1-3 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7-8 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

My question is: Is this saying what it sounds like???
A. In other words - Do you think that this has to do with His first coming/appearing only???
B. Or does it have to do with His second coming/appearing as well???

Thank you,
Biff

It only has to do with whether or not you have received Jesus Christ in the flesh.
Do you have the Holy Spirit of Christ in you? Is He manifest in your flesh?

That is what it means. Quit looking at a calendar lol we are to "look to ourselves" as the verse says.
Peace

Upvote 0
Mar 31, 2011
Babylon
✟16,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
It only has to do with whether or not you have received Jesus Christ in the flesh.
Peace,

Who cares about flesh?
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Grace be to you.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 24:5 James 1:3, Colossians 1:10, Ephesians 1:17, 2 Peter 1:2,8. The Bible is gnostic, and the early Christians were gnostic. Like I said gnosticism is very broad. But when it comes down to knowledge (gnosis) it is gained through experience or works like the ones told that prove faith in Hebrews 11.

Sorry for derailing a bit...

Peace.
YES brother, we overcome the carnal with the spiritual, of that, and that ALONE, gnosticism has some form of correctness. However, to teach that the flesh is evil is to say that God created it evil, when in fact, the stones of the ground, the mountains, and the trees are righteous, and would gladly worship their Maker if given the opportunity.

The spirit of gnosticism is rooted in all the antichrist religions, free masonry being above all, and started by Nimrod, and will end with the a/c as he merges the Abramic faiths with those who worship false gods and demigods.

Christ Jesus came in the flesh, left in the flesh as the firstborn of the dead. When He is come again, He will burn away all that is MANMADE, and recreate eden without the corruption of sin. But that which He creates is physical in nature, but overcome by spirit.

For instance, the grizzly bears would gladly eat a human being if they were hungry.....but when we are in our new bodies, our spirits will have dominion over the animals, soas we might control them to do our will. Still, we will feel them, see them, and if we like, eat with them in the cold streams of the north.

The antichrist seeks to separate us from nature, putting us above the dirt from which we were fashioned, and by deceiving us into entering a collective consciousness, he might control it as such to recreate a technological eden in which he is ruler over all.

Simon Magus had those ancient teachings which started with Nimrod and were passed through the ancient religions to the false religions of Egypt, then to the nation of Israel by the Kahballa. The Khaballa was an early tool used to teach gnosticism to the early church soas they might fall into strong delusion and prepared the world for satans endgame and replication of the Christ, Jesus.

Upvote 0

Biff

Feb 6, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟605.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MERLINIUS,

It is telling you something. What to be aware of!

It has nothing to do with ME, and everything to do with Jesus.

Biff

Upvote 0

Merlinius

Nov 9, 2011
✟8,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So is Christ in you?

Anybody?

Is Christ in your flesh?

(Col 1:24) Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

(1Jn 4:2) Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

(1Jn 4:3) And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

(2Jn 1:7) For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

He is Come in my flesh. It is how He overcomes the wicked one. If Christ is not in my flesh, then I would be an antichrist and a deceiver.

So is Christ come in your flesh?

Merlin

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

Merlinius

Nov 9, 2011
✟8,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christ JESUS exists in all that the ALmighty used Him to create. Me, you, and the trees and the dirt.:bow:

So instead of asking God for His Holy Spirit, you just settle for being a Pantheist?? Good luck

(Luk 11:13) If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Upvote 0
Mar 31, 2011
Babylon
✟16,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Peace be from God,

YES brother, we overcome the carnal with the spiritual, of that, and that ALONE, gnosticism has some form of correctness. However, to teach that the flesh is evil is to say that God created it evil, when in fact, the stones of the ground, the mountains, and the trees are righteous, and would gladly worship their Maker if given the opportunity.

I'd rather talk about what we can agree on than disagree.

These verses inspire me in my belief whether the physical world is good or evil (and it can not be both).

"I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable."
(1 Corinthians 15:50)

"Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit."
(John 3:6)

"God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."
(John 4:24)

The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.
(John 6:63)

I tell you the truth,
I'm not against you.

Peace, and grace be to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peace be from God,

I'd rather talk about what we can agree on than disagree.

These verses inspire me in my belief whether the physical world is good or evil (and it can not be both).
Interesting position, but one verse in particular contradicts the whole "evil" physical world thing......."For everything that God has created is good, and NOTHING is to be rejected when received with thanksgiving."

There is nothing evil in the breathe of life......air......or the water of life. There is nothing evil about the mountains, the valleys, the fields of lush green grass. The beauty of this physical world is being conquered by our carnal lust for technology, but Eden, in it's original state of perfection was without nuisance, and there was nothing but good within it.

Man has accepted the evil which satan has decieved us into accepting, and the partial truth of gnosticism is a tool of the adversary.

Upvote 0
Mar 31, 2011
Babylon
✟16,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Peace be to you from God the Father,

Interesting position, but one verse in particular contradicts the whole "evil" physical world thing......."For everything that God has created is good, and NOTHING is to be rejected when received with thanksgiving."
You'r a good minister for pointing that out. :)

But if you accept what it says in Isaiah, and Lamentations (God created good and evil) it contradicts that verse. I was reading Isaiah yesterday and thought about this conversation,
"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter."
(5:20)

When Kingdoms are combined its called great darkness (Matthew 6:23).

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
(Romans 12:9)

There is nothing evil in the breathe of life......air......or the water of life. There is nothing evil about the mountains, the valleys, the fields of lush green grass. The beauty of this physical world is being conquered by our carnal lust for technology, but Eden, in it's original state of perfection was without nuisance, and there was nothing but good within it.

I agree there is nothing evil about life. But every theologian needs to recognize that evil has life, and that doesn't make it good.
The reason why this physical world is so beautiful is because its a blurry illusion of the spiritual world thats reflected off the water that made the heavens and the earth.

Man has accepted the evil which satan has decieved us into accepting, and the partial truth of gnosticism is a tool of the adversary.

When I wasn't judging for myself what is right I was being deceived. When I had fear I was being deceived. When I thought knowledge was evil I was deceived. There is no truth in the devil, not even partial (John 8:44). If that were so, satan would be against himself.

Peace and grace be to you.

Upvote 0