Video from the Texas Border

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I wouldn't want to use Pharaoh as a model of how to treat immigrants. When Jesus commanded us to welcome the stranger, he didn't place a qualifier on it, like whether they were "legal" or "illegal". He simply said to welcome them.
I admire your thoughts of using the Bible as a source of love and acceptance for strangers from foreign lands, but it does not seem to be working for some.

• Friendly
Reactions: CallofChrist
Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, contrary to what others say here, conservatives are greatly concerned, and upset. I don't understand why some are in denial over American conservative concern over illegal immigrants? They talk about it on television non stop and their candidates run on it....and somehow they still believe a border wall will fix things.

Four in 10 Americans Still Highly Concerned About Illegal Immigration
So what is the threat? Economic migration? Economic migrants can and are deported at once if caught. Most are tolerated to stay illegally, with the connivance of their employers, so they can't be considered that much of a threat.

I may be wrong, so correct me if I am, but it appears that it is Temporary Protected Status that riles conservatives more than anything. So what I want to know is why these individuals are considered a threat? A threat to what? To who?

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't want to use Pharaoh as a model of how to treat immigrants. When Jesus commanded us to welcome the stranger, he didn't place a qualifier on it, like whether they were "legal" or "illegal". He simply said to welcome them.
Not questioning Jesus either, but in his day that didn't include subsidizing them. How could anyone, Dem or Republican, think you can have open borders, accept anyone who shows up by caravan, boat or plane, care for them, house them, subsidize them, school their children, give them an iPhone, and not expect more and more to show up??? This is a recipe for a catastrophic failure of our health care system, economy, and the ability of working people to meet the required taxes for it all. It makes no sense what-so-ever to me.

Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Not questioning Jesus either, but in his day that didn't include subsidizing them. How could anyone, Dem or Republican, think you can have open borders, accept anyone who shows up by caravan, boat or plane, care for them, house them, subsidize them, school their children, give them an iPhone, and not expect more and more to show up??? This is a recipe for a catastrophic failure of our health care system, economy, and the ability of working people to meet the required taxes for it all. It makes no sense what-so-ever to me.
What planet is all that happening on?

Upvote 0

CallofChrist

Site Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
St.Paul, MN
✟89,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.
Matthew 25:35

Jesus sees the effort required and blesses those that honor him. All arguments against helping the stranger come from fear of some sort.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
So what is the threat? Economic migration? Economic migrants can and are deported at once if caught. Most are tolerated to stay illegally, with the connivance of their employers, so they can't be considered that much of a threat.

I may be wrong, so correct me if I am, but it appears that it is Temporary Protected Status that riles conservatives more than anything. So what I want to know is why these individuals are considered a threat? A threat to what? To who?
The $64,000 question. Let's ask the republican politicians and pundits who tell their constituents what to be concerned about. The accusation is secondary to the emotion the accusation elicits...fear, hate, stress is what they need to get their people to the polls.

Desantis
“Joe Biden has the nerve to tell me to get out of the way on COVID while he lets COVID-infected migrants pour over our southern border by the hundreds of thousands. No elected official is doing more to enable the transmission of COVID in America than Joe Biden with his open borders policies.”
Republican Views On Immigration Are Shifting Even Further To The Right Under Biden

Political ad
“Waves of illegal aliens streaming across our border, joining violent gangs, forcing families to live in fear,”
Republicans turn to old playbook linking crime to immigration as election season heats up – The Nevada Independent

Reno pundit
“I would not allow our state to be sent people who came over the border illegally, and let them cut in front of those who are trying to come here lawfully.”
“I would not allow our state to be sent people who came over the border illegally, and let them cut in front of those who are trying to come here lawfully.”

Vance
Joe Biden’s open border is killing Ohioans with more illegal drugs and more Democrat voters pouring into this country."
Fact check: Vance says 'Biden’s open border' means more Democratic voters :: WRAL.com

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.
Matthew 25:35

Jesus sees the effort required and blesses those that honor him. All arguments against helping the stranger come from fear of some sort.
I think some people just can't discern between helping someone and assuming liability for them.

Upvote 0

CallofChrist

Site Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
St.Paul, MN
✟89,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think some people just can't discern between helping someone and assuming liability for them.

I think some people just cannot read the plain words of scripture and have fancy political arguments instead

• Winner
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
What planet are you on?
Earth, in fact I only just recently moved from the Border area, New Mexico not far from El Paso. It certainly wasn't happening around there. Yes, the immigration situation is an expense mess, but I don't feel threatened by it, just annoyed. Why is it a threat?

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Earth, in fact I only just recently moved from the Border area, New Mexico not far from El Paso. It certainly wasn't happening around there. Yes, the immigration situation is an expense mess, but I don't feel threatened by it, just annoyed. Why is it a threat?
I already gave you the reasons for the threat. Maybe you couldn't be in the right places to witness it. Do you think the border videos and the videos of illegals being transported out to other parts of the country are fabricated?

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I already gave you the reasons for the threat. Maybe you couldn't be in the right places to witness it. Do you think the border videos and the videos of illegals being transported out to other parts of the country are fabricated?
Here's some more threats besides the tax liability drain to subsidize them, including we really don’t know anything about who these people are or how dangerous some could be, unemployment concerns, health care system concerns, an incentive for more and more to come. I don’t know why you wouldn’t be concerned yourself?

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Mark 12: 28 And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, “Which commandment is the most important of all?” 29 Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

You shall also love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
Deuteronomy 10:19

It's that simple... no word study is needed to understand these scriptures.

Were you or your relatives a stranger in the land of Egypt? If so, go invite these people to live in Israel... this ain't the Promised Land... and they're not guests.

An invader is not a neighbor —they're not even immigrants. Just saying.

Yes! thank you. Because it is exactly an invasion. And so tptb hand them $4k each... for what? To buy guns to finish this obvious invasion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
As far as money is concerned, God knows what I give for the poor, widowed and needy, you are not my accountant.

Don't let your right hand know what your left hand is doing... why don't you remember this verse? You've already gotten your reward for even mentioning it... from mankind, not from God.
Know what I don't see Jesus telling anyone to do?... make other people do your alms for you. Coerced redistribution-of-wealth is communism.

Upvote 0

CallofChrist

Site Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
St.Paul, MN
✟89,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't let your right hand know what your left hand is doing... why don't you remember this verse? You've already gotten your reward for even mentioning it... from mankind, not from God.
Know what I don't see Jesus telling anyone to do?... make other people do your alms for you. Coerced redistribution-of-wealth is communism.

you are really riled up, aren't you? I wasn't the one who brought up money in the first place. Read more closely

Hebrews 13: 1 Let mutual love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Here's some more threats besides the tax liability drain to subsidize them, including we really don’t know anything about who these people are or how dangerous some could be, unemployment concerns, health care system concerns, an incentive for more and more to come. I don’t know why you wouldn’t be concerned yourself?

As if the USA isn't in enough trouble because of the forced shut downs, now they beg hostiles to invade us and take... listen to the video, because they rob and steal... what little is left to us. It's almost like that's been the plan, all along... to make the USA into a third world nation, straight up. We've already lost the Constitution that protected us from the Government. Now the vultures arrive to pick clean our bones.

Upvote 0