US
✟1,101,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Can't bother with any of that liberal due process nonsense.

What due process would that be? You see someone illegally swimming across the Rio Grande; you capture them, book them, put them on the bus, and send them back across the border.

What more of a process is needed?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Processing asylum claims.

Nope. That can be done after they are sent back across the border. They can come back and do it right, through the proper channels, at a proper border crossing.

• Agree
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Nope. That can be done after they are sent back across the border. They can come back and do it right, through the proper channels, at a proper border crossing.
Away with all those liberal treaty commitments!

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Away with all those liberal treaty commitments!

Away with all of those lawbreakers. Show me the treaty where we agreed to allow criminals to freely move across our borders.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I'm not your bank. You want to help those particular people, you help them personally: you don't tell other peole what you think ought to be done for the people YOU consider needy... and you sure don't pick their pockets.

Let me ask you this:
Do you think Jesus taught His Disciples to covet and steal someone else's land, jobs, money, health benefits, etc.?
If so, then--and only then--does Matthew 25:35 fit these illegal aliens.

Matthew 19:18 Thou shalt not steal ($4,000 each)

Exodus 20:17 Thou shalt not covet ... whatever belongs to thy neighbour.

What will Jesus have to say to the citizens of the richest country on earth labeling poor immigrants as thieves?

Will you be the sheep or the goat?

Mathew 25

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
That's easy. Just change the law and ignore the relevant treaties.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.
Leviticus 19:34

You shall also love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.
Deuteronomy 10:19

Looks like they need better shelter
I certainly don’t mean to question the actual intent of the Bible, and no foreigner should be mistreated, but is an ‘illegal alien’ and an ‘alien’ really the same, as far as the reference to a stranger goes? The Bible verse refers to ‘alien.’ Obviously, Egypt questioned those who entered, as is conveyed in the Genesis account of Abram when he entered because he instructed his wife about what to say when they got there. Of course, after they had multiplied and when a new king came to power, they were considered a threat (Exodus 1:8-10). Story sounds familiar, doesn’t it?

Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I certainly don’t mean to question the actual intent of the Bible, and no foreigner should be mistreated, but is an ‘illegal alien’ and an ‘alien’ really the same, as far as the reference to a stranger goes? The Bible verse refers to ‘alien.’ Obviously, Egypt questioned those who entered, as is conveyed in the Genesis account of Abram when he entered because he instructed his wife about what to say when they got there. Of course, after they had multiplied and when a new king came to power, they were considered a threat (Exodus 1:8-10). Story sounds familiar, doesn’t it?
I would be more interested to learn why only those crossing our southern border illegally are considered a threat.

• Winner
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That's easy. Just change the law and ignore the relevant treaties.

I'll get right on it.

First, show me the laws and treaties that declare that it is illegal for the U.S. to defend its' borders.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I'll get right on it.

First, show me the laws and treaties that declare that it is illegal for the U.S. to defend its' borders.
None do that.
Uhhh... taxes some of us pay???
That answer makes no sense. What about other illegal aliens? Why aren't they considered a threat?

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That answer makes no sense. What about other illegal aliens? Why aren't they considered a threat?
How does that not make sense, unless you don't think our tax dollars will be used to keep them up indefinately. I didn't differentiate between illegals, that I know of.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
How did you come to that conclusion?
Because that is who conservatives seem to be upset about. Half of the illegals in the country entered legally on visas and then overstayed. Conservatives don't seem to care. Two thirds of them have lived here illegally for ten years or more. Conservatives don't seem to care about that, either. Conservatives don't even seem to care very much about ordinary illegal Mexican migrants (which stands to reason since they employ so many of them). It is only since large numbers of indviduals from the failed Central American countries started trying to get in that it has become an issue. The "threat" seems to be just the asylum seekers coming across from Mexico. Why is that?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Because that is who conservatives seem to be upset about.
So in other words is a fabrication of your imagination, based on your unwarranted opinion of Conservatives?

Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
So in other words is a fabrication of your imagination, based on your unwarranted opinion of Conservatives?
Perhaps you can tell us the real reason why conservatives are only interested in taking action against asylum seekers who cross our Southern border. Why, for example, is the only solution to the "threat" of illegal immigration an impenetrable wall on the Southern border? How will that stop the flow of illlegals who enter on a visa and then overstay? How will that reduce the number of illegals who have been living here for years? Illegal border crossings are the business of the Border Patrol, who are actually doing a decent job. The other two categories are the business of ICE. Any suggestions that ICE ought to be reformed or eliminated and its duties reassigned are met with howls of rage from conservatives. Why is that? No, we have to build a wall, because of the caravans.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Because that is who conservatives seem to be upset about. Half of the illegals in the country entered legally on visas and then overstayed. Conservatives don't seem to care. Two thirds of them have lived here illegally for ten years or more. Conservatives don't seem to care about that, either. Conservatives don't even seem to care very much about ordinary illegal Mexican migrants (which stands to reason since they employ so many of them). It is only since large numbers of indviduals from the failed Central American countries started trying to get in that it has become an issue. The "threat" seems to be just the asylum seekers coming across from Mexico. Why is that?

Yes, contrary to what others say here, conservatives (68%) are greatly concerned, and upset. I don't understand why some are in denial over American conservative concern over illegal immigrants? They talk about it on television non stop and their candidates run on it....and somehow they still believe a border wall will fix things.

Four in 10 Americans Still Highly Concerned About Illegal Immigration

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CallofChrist

Site Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
St.Paul, MN
✟89,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I wouldn't want to use Pharaoh as a model of how to treat immigrants. When Jesus commanded us to welcome the stranger, he didn't place a qualifier on it, like whether they were "legal" or "illegal". He simply said to welcome them.

Upvote 0