[Video] Behold, the Bridegroom Cometh (Romanian)

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
LOVE it!!!

I had the very unique (for me) opportunity to chant with up to five trained cantors (and the two of us who are learning) ... it was glorious to be part of that. Especially the Alleluias!

Upvote 0

Andrei D

Feb 13, 2018
Charlotte, NC
✟76,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Went to the Greek cathedral for Nymphios service and it was quite spectacular. They have amazing voices and a (new to me) little organ playing deep bass sounds. The goosebumps were due to the fact that it felt like I understood every word pf the service (although I didn't). The Greek service seemed to be a bit more... dramatic (in a good way), compared to ours that are more... bittersweet/soothing. The slight diversity in the context of such perfect unity is what makes it spectacular.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Something about Romanian Orthodox singing, very beautiful, and also some of most humble, and Christlike Orthodox i ever gotten the blessing to know, have been Romanians, I would love to visit Romania one day.
Is it Romania, do I remember correctly, that has more Orthodox monasteries than anywhere else?

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is it Romania, do I remember correctly, that has more Orthodox monasteries than anywhere else?
I thought I heard that, then there were a poll in recent months, saying Romania the most religious in Europe. I want visit Putna monastery someday.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I thought I heard that, then there were a poll in recent months, saying Romania the most religious in Europe. I want visit Putna monastery someday.
May you get there someday and may your trip be blessed. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andrei D

Feb 13, 2018
Charlotte, NC
✟76,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Wow. I'm not used to people speaking so kindly and know about my home country!

I hope you get to do that, and there are many many others that are worth visiting. Voroneț comes to mind because of the unbelievable frescoes. But they are quite innumerable (Mănăstirile din România la Ortodox.ro)

Upvote 0