Very Recently Left Catholicism And Need Advice For Dealing With The Fallout From Catholics

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,776.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for your replies, but I disagree with you. There is a reason why we worship on Sundays and there needs to be some tradition in a church.

I will always go with a liturgical church.

Again, Thank you for your replies, but I will continue to look for as you call it a Sunday worshiping church and there is no prohibition against Christmas or Easter in the Bible. We are free to celebrate or not per scripture.
It's between you and the Lord.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
It's between you and the Lord.

That it is and I have prayed about it and the Lord has not impressed upon me a need for change.

I am looking at a Episcopal church and that is where he is leading me.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,776.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Episcopal Church allows same sex marriages in all Churches. I'm sure there are some sincere believers there, just the same. The Father led me on a circuitous path. I was even into being a Unitarian at one time. Then onto the Catholic Church where I did get blessings. Then to Protestant Churches, then out of those. He meets us where we are. But He is always wanting us to be more and more conformed to the Word.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
The Episcopal Church allows same sex marriages in all Churches.

I am aware, but as my girlfriend has said to me, that is one thing where we disagree and that we have learned not to talk about. I may be pretty liberal, but I am also conservative in other areas.

She is Episcopal and when we marry, I would also like for us to be of the same religion.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,776.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There are no religions, no denominations in the Bible. There is just the Word. Religions and denominations all disagree, one way or another, on what the Bible actually says. But the Bible, and history, and things like the Greek and Hebrew language, are now available for us to discover what it actually is saying. Plus some things it is saying are obvious, but we may not see them. That has been my experience more than once, and the experience of many others. So often only the Holy Spirit can show us the obvious.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
There are no religions, no denominations in the Bible.

To each their own and you label yourself as a Messianic, which and you are free to correct me, has it's own traditions and ways that it does things.

I am sure you will say that it follows the Bible, but so do other denominations. They just don't follow the Bible the way that you would have it done and found that which you feel does. That's well and good.

Allow others the same freedom.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,087,776.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I do not like having labeled myself as a Messianic, but that was the only choice I had. I would have prefered "Torah observant believer in the Isaiah 53 Messiah" but that's a bit long and not on the list.

Yes, all religions say they follow the Bible. The thing is, we are free to research ourselves and find out the truth for ourselves. It's the information age! We don't have to be dependent on seminaries and Pastors, often preaching very contradictory things, including things that contradict the Word. And btw Messianics don't have seminaries or any kind of official hierarchy. There is just the Word. Granted, even there, not surprising given human nature, there is not always fidelity to the Word. This has been true since the time of Moses, down through the ages, that is people like to add and subtract from Scriptures. I've done it myself plenty of times in the past.

How can I not allow you freedom? Can I make you do anything different? Nope.

May you are your girlfriend come into all truth, as I have prayed.

Blessings and bye.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She is Episcopal and when we marry, I would also like for us to be of the same religion.

husband & I raised in different Christian churches but we married in mine
not raising our child in either but attend more than one Christian church & occasionally attend our childhood ones

have you resolved your problem and/or learned to deal with fallout since starting advice thread?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
husband & I grew up in different churches but we married in church I was raised

This was one of my ex-wife and my problems. The difference in churches was always a bone of contention in the marriage and led to much unrest and arguments. Our beliefs were very far apart. Her preferring a Pentecostal type experience and me coming from a Catholic background. She ended up going to a non-denominational church, that leaned very far towards independent Baptist.

Don't want to go through all that again in my next marriage.

we aren't raising our child in either but attend different Christian churches & occasionally attend the churches we grew up in

My kids are already going to be raised in two very different churches and I would rather not add another to the mix.

are your Catholic friends & family still giving you trouble or have you resolved your problem since starting this advice thread?

Not nearly as much. I think they realize that I will not be guilt tripped or bullied into returning at this point.

Upvote 0