Verandah Fellowship (9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SapphireAngel7

I do not understand the American voting system for the President at all.....What's with the presidential campaign and the voting in the different states? This person won in that state and that person one in this state...:confused:

You still have one day where the whole country votes for the President don't you? So how does this state stuff fit in?

Can anyone explain it to me?
HA! I am American, and I STILL don't get it! LOL...I don't understand at all.

Upvote 0

Auncy

forgiven1
Jul 5, 2007
PA
✟35,719.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I do not understand the American voting system for the President at all.....What's with the presidential campaign and the voting in the different states? This person won in that state and that person one in this state...:confused:

You still have one day where the whole country votes for the President don't you? So how does this state stuff fit in?

Can anyone explain it to me?

um! nope!

HA! I am American, and I STILL don't get it! LOL...I don't understand at all.
Bel Mel! do you cross the border to vote?:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

CoolMom6

SAHMO6
Oct 27, 2005
Sin City
✟34,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good Morning, all!!!

The voting process has something to do with the electoral votes and how many people each state has per capita. There are representatives in each state, with the House of Representatives and also the Senate.
But not sure exactly about the process anymore.
Just know we will get to vote on whoever the majority voted on.
We had a Republican Caucus last month, and maybe there's more Democrats, but it sure seems like they run the TV and the news.

I am sure Alabale could explain this better; he's a smarty pants on the ways of the world.

I did a Political Science class in college, but that was a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago...LOL!!!

Upvote 0

Auncy

forgiven1
Jul 5, 2007
PA
✟35,719.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Good Morning, all!!!

We had a Republican Caucus last month, and maybe there's more Democrats, but it sure seems like they run the TV and the news.
Morning all!

Coolmom,
a couple of years ago I read in the Reader's Digest that 80 percent of the people in the media are Democrats.

Upvote 0

CoolMom6

SAHMO6
Oct 27, 2005
Sin City
✟34,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Morning all!

Coolmom,
a couple of years ago I read in the Reader's Digest that 80 percent of the people in the media are Democrats.
I believe that. Nothing personal against any political party.
I just was observing that it did seem that way.

We listen to talk radio on a.m. and we have found a strong Republican-based one which works for us.

Hey, we are all Americans, that is what matters, really.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CoolMom6

SAHMO6
Oct 27, 2005
Sin City
✟34,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
60's?????? I would LOVE that. We got another 6-10 inches of snow last night. The bank at the bottom of our driveway is so huge, can't see past it...dangerous for trying to get out! Thankfully, I have no where to go today...I cancelled the one appointment I had. I am not driving on those roads today......I WANT SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want YOUR summer; our summer will be about 115F give or take for about 4-5 months.
I know you don't want that.:p

Upvote 0
S

SapphireAngel7

I want YOUR summer; our summer will be about 115F give or take for about 4-5 months.
I know you don't want that.:p
right now? sure! that is alot warmer than now..You wouldn't believe what the front of our house looks like! If we get any more snow I am not sure where we will put it! The bottom of our driveway is dangerous.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.