• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Vatican hosts award ceremony for gay director of film in which Pope endorsed gay civil unions

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+35,713
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Evgeny Afineevsky’s feature directorial debut in 2009 was titled, ‘Oy Vey! My Son Is Gay!’

October 22, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) — Filmmaker Evgeny Afineevsky, whose new documentary Francesco on Pope Francis made headlines across the globe for the Holy Father’s comments on homosexuality and what appeared to be an endorsement of homosexual civil unions, was honored earlier today with an award in the Vatican gardens. Afineevsky is a homosexual himself.

“Afineevsky, who is gay, had expressed surprise after the premiere that the pope’s comments had created such a stir, saying Francis wasn’t trying to change doctrine but was merely expressing his belief gay people should enjoy the same rights as heterosexuals,” the Associated Press (AP) reported.

It is not yet clear how and why Afineevsky and Pope Francis started collaborating in the production of the documentary. In 2009, the Russian-born filmmaker released his feature directorial debut “Oy Vey! My Son Is Gay!” The movie received numerous awards from organizations supporting homosexuality.

Continued below.
    Vatican hosts award ceremony for gay director of film in which Pope endorsed gay civil unions

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie Supporter

+9,480
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    *Sigh*

Homosexuality is not something that you have to act on or you explode. Neither are feelings of gender dysphoria. They are feelings. In Christ, we can say no to feelings that do not come from or do not honor God, deny ourselves, and follow Christ instead of follow our hearts.

I hope the Pope can understand this, and get back on track with this. Pray for him.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+35,713
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I’m not sure a lot of clergy really want to understand this. We have the teachings of the Church yet they still continue on with whatever agenda they may have.

4. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+9,432
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    So the Vatican establishment seems entirely on board with the pope's big new thing. God help us.

5. Xenophon

Xenophon Well-Known Member

+565
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    If only there was a 'weeping' rating.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Gracia Singh

+9,480
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Dang. I really do think we’re getting close to the end of legal, visible, orthodox Christian practice and faith here. I have lamented many times that conservative Protestants have almost no where to go now. Some of the Greek Orthodox seem to be heading down a watery, liberal rabbit hole. We have this current Pope who does not seem to be able to tell his right hand from his left.

We have to repent. All of us. Be tougher on ourselves, follow Christ, humble ourselves, make reparations. However we express it. We have got to do better.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+7,750
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Pray for the church. Pray for our Pope...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Xenophon

+565
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Yeah, the EP is apparently a good friend of Biden... and the EP and the pope are pretty close too.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Xenophon

+565
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single

The Ecumenical Patriarchate was compromised when Archbishop Athenagoras told the OSS (precursor to the CIA), "I have three Bishops, three hundred priests and a large and far flung organization. Every one under my order is under yours. You may command them for any service you require. There will be no questions asked and your directions will be executed faithfully."

Athenagoras was then made patriarch after the OSS helped oust Maximos from the throne.

Greek Archbishop to proto-CIA: "Your directions will be executed faithfully." - Orthodox History
    Ousting the Ecumenical Patriarch: the removal of Maximos V according to CIA records - Orthodox History

So, remember, when you see the Greeks liberalizing, remember that's because of American foriegn 'Interests.'

• List
  10. Gracia Singh

+9,480
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I really do think that we’re coming to a breaking point here. Our own sins and the sins of our clergy will be placed on us, for us to repent of and repair for. It will be hard. Do your own EO Saints describe anything like this?

11. Xenophon

+565
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    "What began in Russia will end in America" said an elder a century ago. That's probably the most succinct thing to say of the many things which have been said.

But here is an excerpt from the vision of St. John Krondstadt. Much of the vision is about the bolsheviks, but I think it'll sound familiar.

And much more has been said.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  12. Stabat

Stabat Stat Crux, dum volvitur orbis Supporter

+7,628
    Denmark
    Traditional. Cath.
    Single
    Perhaps they're all faggs themselves, the high ranking prelates I mean...? :confused:
    It sure would make sense, why else should they condone homosexuality in public like this?
    Im familiar with the nasty presense of a gay sub cult in the vatican (its well known), but for the second time ever (the first was at the plane shorty after his election) it start to feel as if pope Francis himself is a part of this diabolical cult :eek:.

New book claims gay subculture flourishes at Vatican

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  13. Xenophon

+565
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    • List