• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Vaccinate?

Two Scoops

Apr 27, 2013
✟8,116.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Adverse effects of Aspirin: Internal Hemorrhage, bronchial Asthma, Reye Syndrome, Sudden Infant Death, Intracranial Hemorrhage, Gastric Ulcers, Acute Renal Failure, Nausea, Gastritis, Vertigo, Tinnitus, Dizziness.... and these are just off the top of my head.

Adverse effects of sugar: Psychiatric Disorders, Adrenomedullar Surpression, Mineral Deficiency, Neuroglycopenia, premature aging, heart disease, type two diabetes, adipocyte hypertrophia, cataract, emphysema, pancreatic damage, kidney stones, inflammation.

What I'm trying to say is that any substance will have adverse effects on the human body. There's a latin saying "Dosis facit venenum", which holds a lot of truth: any substance, given in inadequate amounts, will be toxic.

Tripedia is not used in Germany - I have therefore looked up the generic drug and checked up on the frequency of the adverse effects that you mentioned. I can only name the frequency for the adverse effects that are listed, that is to say the effects for which a definite causative role has been identified:

A) Anaphylactic Reactions: Frequency <0.01% (less than 1:10000)
B) Cellulitis (local, harmless inflammation): >10% (more than 1:10)
C) Convulsions, Neuropathy, Grand-Mal, Somnolence, Apnea: <0.01% (less than 1:10000)
D) Thrombocytopenia (only observed for a short duration): <0.01% (less than 1:10000)
E) Hypotonia (low grade): <0.1% (less than 1:1000)

Keep in mind that the majority of these reactions are both very rare and passager. Furthermore, they can be quickly treated (Anaphylaxia with antihistaminergic drugs, epinephrin, etc.; Convulsions rarely need to be treated but can be treated with benzodiazepines; Hypotonia can be treated with sympathomimetics).

The association of SIDS with the named vaccine is something that I find hard to believe - for one, establishing a causative role is very difficult to do and requires a huge study population. Also, the side effect is not listed in the official guidelines, at least not for the generic.

Thank you for sharing how damaging aspirin and sugar can be! :bow:

Upvote 0