Vacation Destination: The Moon

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
Hey. I haven't been paid for faking it yet. You get me the money, I get you the photos. Then you can post them in the conspiracy section all you like. ;)
Quite a nice way saying that you reject body of evidence and resort to dogma.
Like I said before, this isn't conspiracy section.

Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Quite a nice way saying that you reject body of evidence and resort to dogma.
Like I said before, this isn't conspiracy section.
Okay. Because you begged, I'm just going to post one picture of when I toured the moon, and riddled a billionaire who happened to be touring at the same time as me (he's the one in red).

Unfortunately, all my other photographs got eaten by my dog when I went inside to wash my hands after I returned, so you won't see any further proofs. Please ignore that my only remaining photograph looks like CGI - it's actually a composite photo to make my nose look more aesthetically pleasing, but I really was there, and it is possible.

Also, I brought back a moon rock and gave it to my neighbour as further proof of my tour, but out of spite or jealousy or who knows what, he's now claiming it's just a petrified piece of wood, but who listens to neighbours anyway? Bunch of conspiracy theorists if ever I met one.
Moon_Sphinx.png

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,254.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Please ignore that my only remaining photograph looks like CGI - it's actually a composite photo to make my nose look more aesthetically pleasing, but I really was there, and it is possible.
Yeah, about that...I wasn't going to say anything, but have you considered maybe doing a GoFundMe for a nosejob?

Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
Okay. Because you begged, I'm just going to post one picture of when I toured the moon, and riddled a billionaire who happened to be touring at the same time as me (he's the one in red).
Dude, anyone who have a firm grasp on logic will know that you have committed a hasty generalization fallacy.

• Agree
Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I talked to someone the other day about going to the moon and Mars... they were VEHEMENTLY against it saying it was stupid and a waste of money.

And then they got on their cell phones oblivious to the satellites orbiting the Earth that help make cell phones possible...

I bet during the time of Colonial expansion to the New World there were people who were in a huff saying, "A trip across the ocean just to get to the New World is stupid, we got plenty of land right here, why would you want to go all the way over there..."

I remember reading critiques of every great invention as a waste of time and money.

My favorite is the telephone. SOmeone said, "Why would anyone ever want to use the phone when you've got the mail and can just send a letter..."

I often wonder if people have a clue about how technology works.

The first ANYTHING is prohibitively expensive, then the 2nd iteration and cycle is 1/2 the cost of the 1st, then the 3rd iteration and cycle is 1/2 the cost of the 2nd and so on and so forth until eventually within 5 or so generations John Q public can afford it...

In 1983 the first mobile phone cost around $4k, now you can get a mobile phone that is 20 times better for 1/100th of that cost... But that would NOT be possible until they made the first generation of phones...

Same with going to the Moon and everything Space related. Now, it is prohibitively expensive, but in the next 30 years, the average middle class person will be able to afford a ticket. And that is AWESOME.

Upvote 0