Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes. Hopefully, the cost would come down a bit to around $10-50K and become more affordable. Look forward to interplanetary and interstellar travel for humans in the future. Of course, these could be one-way trips too. Great and adventurous post:).

Last edited:
Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Um, to go look around basically a dusty empty landscape? I mean, human footprints are probably amongst the most notable landmarks there.

I have better things to do than 'make a significant deposit' on potentially visting the moon at some future date. I doubt SpaceX will manage it though. I think the costs of space tourism will keep it prohibitive, until some economically viable thing like mining or industry can be set up.

Upvote 0

harko

Nov 15, 2017
liverpool
✟37,473.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Um, to go look around basically a dusty empty landscape? I mean, human footprints are probably amongst the most notable landmarks there.

I have better things to do than 'make a significant deposit' on potentially visting the moon at some future date. I doubt SpaceX will manage it though. I think the costs of space tourism will keep it prohibitive, until some economically viable thing like mining or industry can be set up.
What human foot prints?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What human foot prints?
5302h.jpg

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In 2023, as the host, I would like to invite 6 to 8 artists from around the world to join me on this mission to the Moon.

Reading the various articles and discussions about the trip this is the part that stood out at me. Sure this is a very wealthy man going for his own experience but this is a wonderful thing. This is the first time that those going into space will not be pilots or similarly trained individuals but people who's primary focus is artistic expression and that has great promise to me. Until now all of those who waxed poetic about space have been artist or enthusiasts doing so from the earth about others experiences or pictures they have seen. Soon that will no longer be the case and we will have the work or poets, painters etc who can draw from their own lives to bring forth their work. That its really exciting.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow youre right. None of my shoes boots flip flops etc leave a right or left print. Crazy!
Ah, I see.... You're looking for a contoured instep like you'd find on normal, everyday shoes we wear here on earth.

The boots on the lunar space suits were designed to go over the astronaut's normal boots. They don't follow the natural curve of a human foot because they are designed to fit over the much larger, bulkier boots they were wearing underneath.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
  • Informative
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0