Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Always been curious about this picture. This is a print in dust? Is it just me or does it look as if the print is above ground level?

5302h.jpg
The optical illusion created by that totally black shadow at the bottom won't let my brain see it as a depression either but the curve of the shadow follows the shape of the boot. That shadow wouldn't be there unless it was a depression made by the boot.

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟865,413.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The optical illusion created by that totally black shadow at the bottom won't let my brain see it as a depression either but the curve of the shadow follows the shape of the boot. That shadow wouldn't be there unless it was a depression made by the boot.
Wow, I just looked at an enlarged image of the same photo and my brain "got it". Then I blinked and it looked wrong again. Then I got it back, lol.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Wow, I just looked at an enlarged image of the same photo and my brain "got it". Then I blinked and it looked wrong again. Then I got it back, lol.
Youre a lunatic. Thats what the moon does to people.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ah, I see.... You're looking for a contoured instep like you'd find on normal, everyday shoes we wear here on earth.

The boots on the lunar space suits were designed to go over the astronaut's normal boots. They don't follow the natural curve of a human foot because they are designed to fit over the much larger, bulkier boots they were wearing underneath.
Could they have spared just a little bit of effort on some good looking shoes?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Could they have spared just a little bit of effort on some good looking shoes?
They spent too much on the special effects and had to go cheap on the costumes. ;)

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟821,361.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If I had the cash definitely. This is the new cool for the super rich and hopefully eventually for the rest of us. They used have yachts , then private islands and their own jet, then football teams but now it is all about having your own space ship or failing that being able to afford to fly on someone elses.

Elon Musk, Richard Branson and Jeff Bezos are visionaries in my view.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This isn't a conspiracy section here.
Hey. I haven't been paid for faking it yet. You get me the money, I get you the photos. Then you can post them in the conspiracy section all you like. ;)

Upvote 0