1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Utah!!!

Discussion in 'United States Regional Forum' started by MichaelFJF, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Blackmarch

Blackmarch Legend

+287
    Mormon
    Single
    well we just got some nice rain the other day.. but now it's sunny again and the temperatures are going up yesterday was nice today's going to be pretty warm and tomorrow is going to be hot... ugh.

any ways lots of pasture up north here.. if you don't mind the cows.

2. LifeLuver

LifeLuver G-d loving

+13
    Mormon
    Single
    Hey! I'll be in Utah in...three weeks.
    I'll be in Provo to go to school at, you guessed it, BYU. Originally from Virginia just south of DC, at the moment in Texas, and have lived in Utah once for two years in elementary school. Loved it then... the mountains are gorgeous and I love snow. Living in dorms the first year, specifically Heritage Halls, I can't wait to peruse their very large library. Books are my friend.

Last time I visited was a few years ago, things had changed a lot. More highways in general and this organic store in provo that I thought absolutely cool since I'm vegeterian. Probably won't be able to afford it, but a girl can dream.

With luv,
    LL

3. Nienor

Nienor why so serious

+333
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Green
    I couldn't handle BYU...I need my caffeine. But it's a nice campus :)

4. LifeLuver

LifeLuver G-d loving

+13
    Mormon
    Single
    Lol! My step-dad would probably agree with you. I'll be fine though...never been a big soda fan, caffeinated or not

with luv,
    ll

5. Blackmarch

Blackmarch Legend

+287
    Mormon
    Single
    'bout the only soda I care for is Rootbeer or creme soda...

6. PatrickM

PatrickM What? You're not a Fightin' Irish fan????

+83
    Non-Denom
    Bump!!

C'mon, all you "U-tards" (meself included)!

So, how 'bout this gawdawful heat & humidity . . . I'm ready for the snow NOW

7. Nienor

Nienor why so serious

+333
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Green
    Ew...no. I hate the snow.

My junior year there was so much snow they closed all the city offices - except the schools. Which really makes no sense to me. And I really want a snow day :p

8. PatrickM

PatrickM What? You're not a Fightin' Irish fan????

+83
    Non-Denom
    You . . hate . . . snow . . . !

Ach, all my life, I've never been around snow, now I can't get enuf of the stuff.

Would that have been about 2 yrs ago? I must've just missed all that fun! Only been here a year, but can't get enuf of the color changes, swift weather changes . . . it's beautiful. :clap:

9. Nienor

Nienor why so serious

+333
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Green
    I've lived here all my life and can't wait to get away from it :p

And yeah, it was two years ago :)

10. erpmeister

erpmeister New Member

+0
    Mormon
    Single
    Utah rocks! Greatest snow on earth baby!

11. BasiltheGreat

BasiltheGreat New Member

+1
    Presbyterian
    Married
    US-Others
    Just checking in and doing my duty - I live in downtown SLC and love this city.

12. Utah Knight

Utah Knight A friend to all Supporter

+1,462
    Non-Denom
    Single
    hello
    all

13. grvsend35

grvsend35 Regular Member

+9
    Charismatic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    I have a question for anybody that lives in the Salt Lake City area. I am gonna be coming through there on a greyhound bus not next fri. but the following, I was just wondering if anybody knew a good place to get breakfast at like 6am near the greyhound station.

14. Utah Knight

Utah Knight A friend to all Supporter

+1,462
    Non-Denom
    Single
    i am not exactly sure where the bus stop is because it recently moved but if it is where i think it is a good place is the village inn at 910 east and 400 south. if you know the exact adress of the stop it will help me

15. skylark1

skylark1 In awesome wonder

+231
    Christian
    I checked, and the station is now at 600 West, 300 South. It used to be located about 150 West South Temple, where there were restaurants near by, but now there isn't a restaurant that is close and open for breakfast.

How much time will you have there?

16. grvsend35

grvsend35 Regular Member

+9
    Charismatic
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    i get there at 6am and leave at 7:15am thanks for all your help

17. DeathLetterBlues

DeathLetterBlues New Member

+1
    Lutheran
    Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did, but every time I went through Salt Lake on a Greyhound bus I got stuck there for at least four hours.

18. DeathLetterBlues

DeathLetterBlues New Member

+1
    Lutheran
    Oh and I live in Utah too...

19. Blackmarch

Blackmarch Legend

+287
    Mormon
    Single
    Hehe :wave:
    Cool