Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What is the likelihood that the Trump administration will make CBD illegal or available only through prescription? I've heard some things that concern me. The last month I have discovered that CBD greatly reduces my chronic depression. I've been able to do my job and have some hope consistently for the first time in 15 years or more. I'm not an anti-Trump person, because I don't pay enough attention to hate him. I just want to know so that I can buy a four year supply if necessary. thanks

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I personally think we're on a non stop road to legal pot.

But even if it were for, um, "medicinal purposes only" by prescription, from what I understand, it'll be the easiest thing in the world to get a prescription.

When I was on a, how you say, self administered, Depression Reduction Program, ;) I grew it in my closet, and could actually get a 4yr supply (for me) of about 1/4 oz per month done in 3 to 4 months, with a $150.00 at most investment. I can't even imagine what a 4yr supply would cost on the normal legal market.

As a side note, the thought of where I was headed in doing that, *really* depressed me so I stopped altogether.

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

But even if it were for, um, "medicinal purposes only" by prescription, from what I understand, it'll be the easiest thing in the world to get a prescription.

When I was on a, how you say, self administered, Depression Reduction Program, ;) I grew it in my closet, and could actually get a 4yr supply (for me) of about 1/4 oz per month done in 3 to 4 months, with a $150.00 at most investment. I can't even imagine what a 4yr supply would cost on the normal legal market.

As a side note, the thought of where I was headed in doing that, *really* depressed me so I stopped altogether.
At current prices I probably need to spend about $3 per day (?) It's a lot of money, but I just realized today that I haven't thought about suicide after I started experimenting with CBD. Typically every other day or day I will muse wistfully about killing myself in various ways. So $3 is a small price to pay to have a more healthy attitude about life. :)

Also CBD is not psychoactive or addictive from what I have read.

Upvote 0

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
CBD oil is processed from plants that have zero or negligible amounts of THC. It cannot get anyone high & is legal in all 50 states. You can purchase it online & I doubt anyone would bother creating legal hoops for it.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At current prices I probably need to spend about $3 per day (?) It's a lot of money, but I just realized today that I haven't thought about suicide after I started experimenting with CBD. Typically every other day or day I will muse wistfully about killing myself in various ways. So $3 is a small price to pay to have a more healthy attitude about life. :)

Also CBD is not psychoactive or addictive from what I have read.

I know my undertones sound judgmental, and they are to a point, however, I can't sit here and tell anyone what they feel or not, or what they should do about it, when I'm in the same boat even though I did stop smoking.

My comments are mostly for people that feel normal depression is reason enough, but even with clinical depression, IDK, if it's ok or not. But at the same time, if someone is clinical depressed, I don't think they'd care what I thought.

I deal with what I would consider clinical depression, and though I don't even consider suicide seriously, if I ever really even thought about it, I do know $3 a day is nothing when it comes to some relief, regardless of what anyone thinks of what I'm doing to fix it.

Just a FWIW, I never bothered getting diagnosed because for 1 I think I know the cause and am working on that, and 2, I see them giving all kinds of meds to some and those people are still barely hanging on, so I think I'll have to pass on all that, and deal with it my own way.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Just a FWIW, I never bothered getting diagnosed because for 1 I think I know the cause and am working on that, and 2, I see them giving all kinds of meds to some and those people are still barely hanging on, so I think I'll have to pass on all that, and deal with it my own way.
Give CBD a try. It isn't like prescription antidepressants where they tell you that it will takes weeks to see any improvement. I take a 15mg CBD gel cap and then I start feeling more "can-do" spirit in about 20 minutes. It lasts for about 4 hours. It will either help you or it won't depending on which neurotransmitter are causing you to feel bad. GABA is the problem for me. Scopolamine helped. Intense cardio exercise helps. L-theanine helps. CBD helps. GABA is a common feature of all those things.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
CBD oil is processed from plants that have zero or negligible amounts of THC. It cannot get anyone high & is legal in all 50 states. You can purchase it online & I doubt anyone would bother creating legal hoops for it.
Here are a couple of articles that made me concerned. Again, I don't follow the news, so I don't know if these articles are accurate.
CBD is a non-psychoactive compound in marijuana that shows promise in epilepsy and pain therapy, so the DEA wants to class it with heroin
Trump's FDA gets more aggressive against CBD

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,435.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

About $510 for 4 years if you shopped specials.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
About $510 for 4 years if you shopped specials.
- How many mg are you figuring for $510?
- Also what form is that? (I saw powder was the best price at the website where I order (Blue Bird Botanical). I have only used the extract and the capsules so far.)

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,435.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
- How many mg are you figuring for $510?
- Also what form is that? (I saw powder was the best price at the website where I order (Blue Bird Botanical). I have only used the extract and the capsules so far.)

That was for bud. 28 grams was $170. It really depends on preference. I normally like edibles because as an ex cigarette smoker I have a hard time inhaling anything. For 100 mg (CBD or THC) is about $30.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That was for bud. 28 grams was $170. It really depends on preference. I normally like edibles because as an ex cigarette smoker I have a hard time inhaling anything. For 100 mg (CBD or THC) is about $30.

Sounds like it's going for what was street price for longest time, and I'd guess, still is.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,435.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like it's going for what was street price for longest time, and I'd guess, still is.

A little less then street in this area. The good part is due to legalization it is all high quality product. The Bud I was quoting for price was 22% THC content.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Give CBD a try. It isn't like prescription antidepressants where they tell you that it will takes weeks to see any improvement. I take a 15mg CBD gel cap and then I start feeling more "can-do" spirit in about 20 minutes. It lasts for about 4 hours. It will either help you or it won't depending on which neurotransmitter are causing you to feel bad. GABA is the problem for me. Scopolamine helped. Intense cardio exercise helps. L-theanine helps. CBD helps. GABA is a common feature of all those things.

Sounds like you are saying they do, but to be sure, do they prescribe it for depression?

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like you are saying they do, but to be sure, do they prescribe it for depression?
MD's won't prescribe CBD for anything because it is not FDA approved for anything. An acquaintance hoped the neurologist would prescribe CBD for uncontrollable epilepsy, but he could not. I suppose it would be a malpractice claim if something bad happened.

I don't quite understand the legal status of CBD at the federal level. Some people say it is perfectly legal and others say it is not.

• Useful
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,435.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
MD's won't prescribe CBD for anything because it is not FDA approved for anything. An acquaintance hoped the neurologist would prescribe CBD for uncontrollable epilepsy, but he could not. I suppose it would be a malpractice claim if something bad happened.

I don't quite understand the legal status of CBD at the federal level. Some people say it is perfectly legal and others say it is not.

CBD is in the same schedule as THC and is considered illegal by the federal government.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
What is the likelihood that the Trump administration will make CBD illegal or available only through prescription? I've heard some things that concern me. The last month I have discovered that CBD greatly reduces my chronic depression. I've been able to do my job and have some hope consistently for the first time in 15 years or more. I'm not an anti-Trump person, because I don't pay enough attention to hate him. I just want to know so that I can buy a four year supply if necessary. thanks

Honestly I think a four-year supply would be necessary for everyone to get them through the Trump administration

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
CBD is in the same schedule as THC and is considered illegal by the federal government.
The CBD I buy says "manufactured using only legal hemp" (?) Some people tell me it is still illegal at the federal level and others say it is perfectly legal if made from industrial hemp. I guess if it is illegal, then I need to be aware of that risk. :(

Upvote 0