Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
What is the likelihood that the Trump administration will make CBD illegal or available only through prescription? I've heard some things that concern me. The last month I have discovered that CBD greatly reduces my chronic depression. I've been able to do my job and have some hope consistently for the first time in 15 years or more. I'm not an anti-Trump person, because I don't pay enough attention to hate him. I just want to know so that I can buy a four year supply if necessary. thanks

California is undergoing an experiment right now concerning this.

It has nothing to do with Trump, and everything to do with the structure of the States.

Cannabis makes too much progress, does not use enough resources, and has too many uses for it to be considered anywhere near "legal" enough to use for "accredited, reputable" medical use. If one wants to wait for medicine to approve what one already know, then that is up to the individual.

Forgetting what the layperson calls a conspiracy - that certain industries would be out of business if natural cannabis was legalizes and utilized - if cannabis was ever to be legal, and found to be harmless by the standards of academia, the US would be pressured to release several thousands of prisoners with petty possession charges (especially those who were profiled and discriminated against.)

That is why you will never see natural cannabis legal on a federal level unless there is something so significant to happen that it would deter minds from this. The families of those people in jail would remember.

What you will get is a laboratory-manipulated, possibly even genetically modified technology in the place of cannabis, or any of its cannabinoids. I, personally wouldn't trust an isolated cannabinoid (especially if you are isolating one of 100+,) but I understand you are not me. This is not for you to get better; it is to make money. If the FDA and DEA actually cared about people's health, cigarettes would be in the same category as cannabis - and equally as illegal.

I could give you personal testimony about how cannabis saved someone's life - and the person didn't go to the hospital once, but I will keep that to myself unless otherwise asked. I think you know that cannabis - real, natural cannabis - has real health benefits - and saves many lives around the world (especially persons with epilepsy.) Watch what happens to California to give you an idea about whether or not it would be possible.

California's Marijuana Legalization Law Is Retroactively Reducing Or Eliminating People's Records And Changing Their Lives | HuffPost

Carrying A Weed Conviction In California? There May Be A Fix For That

California prosecutors are clearing old marijuana convictions. Thousands will benefit.

If this lasts, you will see a paradigm shift in medicine and pharmacology - perhaps even a revolution. When cannabis is legalized (only through prescription,) move to a different state where it is legal and use natural cannabis. It is worth it if you are in pain (especially mentally.)

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What you will get is a laboratory-manipulated, possibly even genetically modified technology in the place of cannabis, or any of its cannabinoids. I, personally wouldn't trust an isolated cannabinoid (especially if you are isolating one of 100+,) but I understand you are not me. This is not for you to get better; it is to make money. If the FDA and DEA actually cared about people's health, cigarettes would be in the same category as cannabis - and equally as illegal.
What I fear is that the pharmaceutical companies will push to enforce the criminal status of cannabis while creating expensive patented drugs derived from cannabis chemistry. So instead of $3 per day for CBD oil I will need to visit an MD every couple of months to renew my expensive prescription. ... Hopefully that won't happen.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
CBD oil should be legal for anyone who wants it... It doesn't even have the effects of making people "get high" (contrary to what some people seem to think)

I don't think Trump, himself, currently has biases against or or intentions of restricting it.

However, the ultimate caveat to that is whether or not his loyal fan base calls for it to be criminalized.

He has a track record of selling out science in a heartbeat in order to pander. Given that a large subset of his fan base is anti-science, the possibility is always there.

There was a time (back nearly 15-20 years ago) when Trump did let data and science drive his positions on things like climate change and healthcare.

Back in those days, he acknowledged the reality of climate change, and acknowledged that universal healthcare was the most cost effective solution...so much so that in 2000, he said this: "We must have universal healthcare".

However "use data" Trump left a while ago and was replaced by "What would appeal the most to a southern far-right wing crowd?" Trump.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
There is a pharmaceutical form of CBD that was recently approved for a couple of childhood syndromes associated with severe difficult to control seizures. Of course it is expensive, but is covered by insurance for these indications.

It is DEA schedule IV (same as other seizure medicines). Heroin and marijuana are schedule I, prescription narcotics are schedule II.

• Informative
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is the likelihood that the Trump administration will make CBD illegal or available only through prescription? I've heard some things that concern me. The last month I have discovered that CBD greatly reduces my chronic depression. I've been able to do my job and have some hope consistently for the first time in 15 years or more. I'm not an anti-Trump person, because I don't pay enough attention to hate him. I just want to know so that I can buy a four year supply if necessary. thanks

I hope it doesn't get made illegal. It's helped a lot of people. My friend's mother uses it for her COPD and my other friends mother uses a special blend to help her dog's anxiety.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
CBD oil should be legal for anyone who wants it... It doesn't even have the effects of making people "get high" (contrary to what some people seem to think)
Yep, there are so many people who think CBD is just like smoking marijuana, and of course it isn't. I was recently talking to a friend from California who uses marijuana, but he was surprisingly uninformed about CBD. This is the key point about CBD. If people understood that CBD is about as exciting as taking an aspirin then they would realize that there is no need for government restrictions.

Upvote 0