Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump wanted to bring back manufacturing and now Biden and I applaud this action. I like the low-income communities part and I'd also like to see more trade schools or vocational in high school. My high school gave me a leg up on employment with voc tech. With more manufacturers in America the more wage competition and the better off we serfs become. It's all about wages!

"The report credits three major pieces of federal legislation enacted under Biden - the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, the CHIPS and Science Act, and the Inflation Reduction Act - with driving the investment boom. These laws, passed in 2021 and 2022, fund a range of subsidies and tax incentives that encourage companies to place projects in disadvantaged regions. For instance, the Inflation Reduction Act has tax credits that include bonuses of at least 10% when an investment is placed in a low-income community.."

I would also like to see investment with businesses to solidify our position in the Western Hemisphere and get China out of Latin America. It's also about natural resources.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Red states are big winners of Biden’s landmark laws

Last month, battery recycling company Redwood Materials broke ground on a $3.5 billion battery plant in South Carolina that is expected to create 1,500 new jobs.

In October, Micron started construction in Boise [Idaho] on America’s first new memory manufacturing fabrication plant in 20 years. The facility is expected to create 2,000 jobs and build leading-edge memory chips to be used in cars, data centers and artificial intelligence.

Micron said the $15 billion investment, announced in September 2022, was made possible in part by the tax credits and grants in the CHIPS Act.

Private companies have been especially eager to invest in fast-growing Texas, which does not have a corporate income tax.

A staggering 20% of all investments linked to the IRA and CHIPS Act is flowing to the Lonestar State, according to Fitch.

‘The president of all Americans’​

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Meanwhile in Wisconsin...

1708118080505.png

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Last month, battery recycling company Redwood Materials broke ground on a $3.5 billion battery plant in South Carolina that is expected to create 1,500 new jobs.

In October, Micron started construction in Boise [Idaho] on America’s first new memory manufacturing fabrication plant in 20 years. The facility is expected to create 2,000 jobs and build leading-edge memory chips to be used in cars, data centers and artificial intelligence.

Micron said the $15 billion investment, announced in September 2022, was made possible in part by the tax credits and grants in the CHIPS Act.

Private companies have been especially eager to invest in fast-growing Texas, which does not have a corporate income tax.

A staggering 20% of all investments linked to the IRA and CHIPS Act is flowing to the Lonestar State, according to Fitch.

‘The president of all Americans’​

It is interesting to note that a majority of these new investments by those corporations are being done in the "Red" states.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Lower cost of living, lower income and property taxes.
The downside is the generally lower education level of the workforce. Most of the higher-paid workers have to come from elsewhere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That is not necessarily true.
It is in my red state, in a region where manufacturing industries are courted. Fortunately, the JC is stepping up and starting to teach industrial skills.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is interesting to note that a majority of these new investments by those corporations are being done in the "Red" states.
This is how red states turn blue. More corporations come in, population increases, voter interests start to lean blue.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is how red states turn blue. More corporations come in, population increases, voter interests start to lean blue.
That is a fair point.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Biden makes biggest CHIPS announcement yet (Intel) as he sells his economic wins to Arizona amid climate worries

The preliminary funding agreement announced Wednesday – which includes the $8.5 billion grant and up to $11 billion in loans – will help support construction, expansion, or modernization of Intel facilities in Arizona, Ohio, New Mexico and Oregon.

In Chandler, Arizona – a Phoenix suburb where Biden will make the CHIPS announcement – the funding is expected to support two new manufacturing facilities, known as fabs, and the modernization of an existing one – creating 7,000 construction jobs and 3,000 manufacturing jobs, according to the White House.

Overall, the White House estimates that the Intel investment, spread across the four states, will create nearly 30,000 jobs.

According to the Semiconductor Industry Association, private companies have announced plans to invest about $256 billion in 79 projects since the spring of 2020 – either in anticipation of the federal investments or after Biden signed the spending package into law.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Economic boosting efforts can have the effect of making people switch teams "if" the efforts are targeted at the areas that need improvement and they don't propose tinkering too much with other laws.

In comparing historical electoral maps, it would appear that ad-hoc economic endeavors, alone, aren't really enough to do much in the way of state flipping long term.

1711027137926.png

1711027180392.png

1711027217339.png

You see a handful of states that have bounced back and forth from 1992 until now, but very few that flipped from one to the other and stayed that way for the long haul. Colorado is the only state coming to mind that used to be a "could go either way" state, that's turned more solid blue and stayed that way. (and Missouri for the red team)

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Economic boosting efforts can have the effect of making people switch teams "if" the efforts are targeted at the areas that need improvement and they don't propose tinkering too much with other laws.

In comparing historical electoral maps, it would appear that ad-hoc economic endeavors, alone, aren't really enough to do much in the way of state flipping long term.

View attachment 344398

View attachment 344399

View attachment 344400

You see a handful of states that have bounced back and forth from 1992 until now, but very few that flipped from one to the other and stayed that way for the long haul. Colorado is the only state coming to mind that used to be a "could go either way" state, that's turned more solid blue and stayed that way. (and Missouri for the red team)
I think the larger trend is going to be states whose populations are dominated by urban knowledge economy worked vs those whose aren't. Without looking at polls, my guess would be that the next to flip solidly blue (assuming GA stays put) would be OH and NC, then maybe Idaho in a few years. Trump's margins there have been pretty big, but the raw numbers are small enough that it wouldn't take a very big influx of libs from WA and OR to put it over.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think the larger trend is going to be states whose populations are dominated by urban knowledge economy worked vs those whose aren't. Without looking at polls, my guess would be that the next to flip solidly blue (assuming GA stays put) would be OH and NC, then maybe Idaho in a few years. Trump's margins there have been pretty big, but the raw numbers are small enough that it wouldn't take a very big influx of libs from WA and OR to put it over.
As an Ohioan, I don't know that it'll be flipping to permanent blue any time soon.

While what you're saying about the economic aspects has validity... social aspects can put the breaks on that "permanent" flip for quite some time.

While Ohioans (even red ones) showed that they're receptive to some of of the positions of the "blue team" (based on the ballot measures that passed by big numbers for abortion rights and recreational marijuana), voting patterns on other issues would indicate that people aren't necessarily quite ready to buy everything the blue team is selling at the moment.

1711031456357.png

Mike DeWine (who's still pretty conservative, he's just not a loud mouth like Trump and is more civil) won by large numbers... and even took 4 of the 6 counties that are home to the six "big cities" (well, big by Ohio standards lol)

1711031631260.png

Now, there are a lot of economic positions of the blue team that are pretty popular among Ohioans of all stripes (I know several Republicans here who are very Union-proud, and some 68% of Ohioans support paid family leave, and well over half support Medicaid expansion). All things that Whaley supports, but Mike DeWine...not so much.

The indicates to me that Ohioans would be willing to support that message, but not if it's coming in a "package deal" along side some of the social initiatives Democrats have taken up.

And based on the fact that DeWine still won by nearly a 2:1 margin, I think it would take more than just a small influx of more progressive leaning outsiders moving in to flip that. The Democrats are about a million votes short right now in Ohio. And let's just be perfectly frank, Ohio's not exactly a "destination hotspot" where people are itching to move to. Especially for younger people who have that flexibility of being able to uproot and move. I'm an Ohio resident, and spent a collective 5 months of the last year being in places other than Ohio just to get a change of scenery lol. There's only so many times you can go to the Rock Hall or watch the Browns lose.

Upvote 0