Uriah Heep is the BEST band that ever was is or will be!

Dralan

Oct 2, 2007
Kansas City, MO.
✟8,265.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I havent listened to any Heep in awhile but yea, I used to be a big fan. Especially their earlier albums like 'Demons and Wizards' and 'Look at Yourself'. Great classic rock with a bit of a prog influence too. I actually saw them back in the early 80's. I havent heard much of their later work. I need to check it out.

Upvote 0

Lebesgue

Feb 25, 2008
✟16,029.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I havent listened to any Heep in awhile but yea, I used to be a big fan. Especially their earlier albums like 'Demons and Wizards' and 'Look at Yourself'. Great classic rock with a bit of a prog influence too. I actually saw them back in the early 80's. I havent heard much of their later work. I need to check it out.

I recent years they've gotten even more prog. They still out out GREAT stuff. I can't wait for their new CD(first one in 3 years) to come out next month.

Sea of Light, released in 1994 was their best album sice the Magician's Birthday. IMHO.

The songs, songwriting, and musicianship of Heep is just simply a cut above most other groups, especially these days. It's sad they are largely forgotten in the US, you have to really dig to even find their stuff in the US.

Upvote 0

BlackSabb

Aug 31, 2006
✟18,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I recent years they've gotten even more prog. They still out out GREAT stuff. I can't wait for their new CD(first one in 3 years) to come out next month.

Sea of Light, released in 1994 was their best album sice the Magician's Birthday. IMHO.

The songs, songwriting, and musicianship of Heep is just simply a cut above most other groups, especially these days. It's sad they are largely forgotten in the US, you have to really dig to even find their stuff in the US.

I agree with you. Heep are far better than the vast majority of bands out there today. I've been a Heep fan too since a teenager, and have all their studio albums. My favourites are Demons and Wizards, The Magician's Birthday, Look at Yourself and Abominog.

Can't wait for the new Heep album too!!

Upvote 0

Lebesgue

Feb 25, 2008
✟16,029.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I used to love Uriah Heep, my favorites were "Stealin'", "The Lady in Black" and "Easy Livin".

Cool. Do yourself a favour and rediscover them. They are still around and their music is a cut above anything from the "new" bands.

And their lyrics are very wholesome and pretty much G-rated in an R-rated world. But they have such an awesome level of musicianship they don't need to sing about filth and bad things to get attention. Their proficiency on their instruments and the great songwriting of guitarist Mick Box, keyboardist Phil Lanzon, and bassist Trevor Bolder(who not only writes great songs but is the BEST bassist in rock, hands down) speak for itself.

Problem is their stuff is extremely hard to find in the US.
Next time I go to Indonesia(where my wife is from) to visit, where they are a lot more popular and their stuff is easier to find I am going to buy up everything I can find that I don't have(which isn't much I have the bulk of everything they have ever made on CD).

Upvote 0

Lebesgue

Feb 25, 2008
✟16,029.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree with you. Heep are far better than the vast majority of bands out there today. I've been a Heep fan too since a teenager, and have all their studio albums. My favourites are Demons and Wizards, The Magician's Birthday, Look at Yourself and Abominog.

Can't wait for the new Heep album too!!

My fave Heep Albums:

Salisbury

the Magician's Birthday

Fallen Angel

Conquest

Live in Europe

Abominog

Equator

Sea of Light

Upvote 0