Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Update on Steve's Journal

Saturday, March 6, 2010 8:11 PM, WST
Steve had an eventful day today. I started with a bath. He was so grateful for that. His surgeon came in and checked his incisions and said that they all looked good. Today is the first time that I had got to see all of them. About six of them. Steve has been running a temp since surgery but they thought that was normal...until today. His white cell count is up. They started wide spectrum antibiotics through his IV. They ordered a new blood test which was such an ordeal. It took three nurses to find a vein. All of his veins have been used and they had to hunt and stick. I could hardly watch as they searched. The pain for Steve was great, but he weathered the storm. They rushed the test to the lab and it white cell count was even higher. They don't know where the infection is. They eliminated the incisions so it has to be internal. They are hoping that the stomach isn't leaking. Monday, he will have a swallow test. If that goes well, he will begin to drink. Steve is having a hard time coughing and inflatining his lungs so that he doesn't get pneumonia. It's so painful for him. Perhaps tomorrow will be a better day. I let him know daily about your kind words. He has me repeat everything. He loves you all. Please keep us in your prayers.

Debbie

Dear Lord, lay Your Hand upon him....heal him of the infection, protect and strengthen his lungs, and allow him to swallow successfully.
We trust in Your perfect will to be done for Steve's life. :amen:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father God, have mercy and lay Your hand upon Steve's body and touch him from the crown of his head to the soles of his feet and cast out the infection where ever it may be. Heal him and let no harm come to him and may there be no further complications. Thank You in advance LORD for healing Steve, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Debbie's Update on Steve's Journal

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 1:33 PM, WST
I am the only one looking after Steve so forgive me for missing updates. Burning the candle at both ends. Here we go...as of this morning, nose tube out, fever gone, white cell count good and swallowing study done. We are waiting on the test results. The lymph nodes that were sent to pathology are not back yet. Remember we are praying that these come back benign so he can avoid chemo and radiation. Spirits were really up today. He hopes to go home tomorrow but that is not probably realilistic. He has upped the number of laps that he makes around the nurses station to 4, 3 times a day. I'm posting pictures today so check them out. Thanks to all that leave him messages. I read them to him. And a big thanks for all of your continued prayers. I know that your intercessions are what is speeding along his recovery. Oh, please add an extra one for me. Steve will be coming to stay at my house for the first few days that he is out and boy is he one grouchy patient.;-))
Praise God :clap:

Lord, please bring this to a glorious ending for Steve, and sustain Debbie in the wonderful work she is doing for him :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father God, thank You for all that You have done and all that You will continue to do. I pray and ask of thy mercy, may all lab results come back favorable and may You grant Steve a speedy recovery. I also pray for Debbie's strength and ask of Your blessings over them both, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

I left the hospital to run some errands and when I got back, Steve was eating and drinking. Yea!!!!! His swallow test was all good. Tomorrow they will remove all of the tubes and send him home...yeah, you read that right, he is coming home. He will be on a liquid diet for a few days and then on to soft foods. Now for the disheartening news...The Doc removed 16 lymph nodes and they found 4 with cancer cells in 4 of them. So in a few weeks he will start Chemo and radiation. So the journey continues. But our God is awesome and we thank him for the mercy that he has shown us thus far. His eye is on the sparrow and I know He is watching over us.

To all of Steve's CF friends, Steve is touched by your kind words here and the threads that you have started for him. On a personal note...I thank you for the prayer storm that you have lifted up. I know it has sustained me through the many hours spent at the hospital. I will never be able to thank you enough. Please know that YOU are in my prayers and always in Steve's.

Wow! Praise God! :clap:
Trusting in His perfect will for Steve for the success of future treatments, and continued prayers for Debbie :crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praising God for Steve's recovery.
Father God, I ask of Your healing touch over Steve's cells. May every cell in Steve's body line up with Your Word which says that we are the healed of the LORD. If he does go through chemo and radiation I ask that any side effects will be minimal and that You will strengthen Steve and build up his system before the treatment, In Jesus Name, bless this man with Your healing touch, and thank you LORD, Amen

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Steve came home form the hospital yesterday. He has kept me hopping. His spirits are good and the pain is minimal. He is eating puddings, soups and such. Tomorrow he gets to take a shower and begin to feel human again. He has trouble sleeping. Finding a comfortable spot to lay has to be hard because he has incisions one eveyside of his upper torso. He has an xray and stitches removed on Monday.

I may not update until then. No news is good news. But all seems to be going well. Please continue praying for us as we do for you.

Debbie

Praying the Lord will go before them and be with them :crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Steve is back :clap: PTL :clap:

Thanks to everyone for the support and prayers, I'm very sore still, it was a very hard to go through, I can only have a liquid diet. I go back to the doctor Monday to remove the staples from the largest incisision I had where the esophogeus was removed from my kneck, and any new information on changes that can be make to my diet. Also having some chest ex-rays to make sure my lungs are clearing up. I'll do updates when I feel well enough to make them.

Continued prayers for a speedy and complete recovery :crossrc:

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Steve's Update Thread

Progessing right along, my two appointments are just 12 hours away. The appointments shouldn't be any big deal today. The chest ex-rays are to ensure my lungs coming back around, got an infection in them from be under anethesia for so long during the surgery; they're still quite sore. I've been tracking my body temperature closesly too to help with this. They tried 3 times to give me an eprihderal and were unable too so I had to me knocked out for a long time leading to some breathing complications. That's why I was on a ventilator for a short time after surgery, I was in an Intensive care unit for 6 days following surgery. March 25th the journey continues with my appointment with my occlologist for continued treatment which will be determined. Thanks again to each an everyone of you, Debbie has been a strong support for me through this whole fight against this disease.

Thank you for your continued prayers for Steve and Debbie :angel:

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Steve's Update Thread

wave.gif
everyone thank you so much for the continued encoragement and prayers. The appointments went pretty good, my surgeon said the ex-rays show there's still some fluid in my lungs, but he wasn't concerned, because through my continued activity they should clear up soon. He said I was free to eat as I want, but to listen to my body and common sense, he will be in contact with my oncologist as far as treatment goes but would not need to see me anymore until three months. He's very pleased with my recovery and thinks when the thoracic oncologist sees me next week for my March 25th appointment he will be surprised at my progress from such a very complicated surgery. The ocologist was telling my surgeon there would probably need to be a delay in treatment because of the surgery but my surgeon told me he thinks when they see me they will no longer feel this way because he says I'm doing and looking great.
smile.gif

Thank you for your continued prayers :angel:

Upvote 0