• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

the_baby

Mar 6, 2005
Freeport, TX
✟7,893.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My husband and I are helping my pastor run the church to get ready to go to bible college and got denied to the school. Now my even higher boss wants to move me because the school said I needed more leadership and we are not getting it helping my pastor, and we had told my higher boss before that we might want to move, so now he is asking my pastor if he can move us and my pastor is mad at him. We had told our pastor(our boss) before we un-happy and they don't seem to get it. We would like to stay because we made friends that look up to us but we are not getting leadership if we stay here. Do we stay where we are or do we move to get the leadership we need and let our pastors know we need to move, but they can get mad and do stuff to make us miserable. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeforeThereWas

Seasoned Warrior
Mar 14, 2005
Midwest City, OK
✟10,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Who is your Lord? You need to get that straight before moving anywhere. In all that you wrote, you made no mention of seeking the Lord for what HE wants for you both. Your "pastor" is not your Lord. He has authority over his man-made religious organization, and what goes on therein, but not over your very lives, unless you blindly place your lives in his hands (which is not a smart thing to do, nor is it God's will). Your husband needs to learn to get his act together and be the man and master of his home and family rather than letting other men hen peck his family into a chaotic mess. He obviously doesn't yet have a grasp of the enormity of his responsibility for you and your children (if you have any). That "pastor" (so-called) will more than likely not exercise any responsiblity for the mess he causes in your family, which is why the ultimate responsibility rests upon your husband's shoulders. God has placed a mantle of authority and responsibility upon your husband's shoulders the he needs to learn to utilize to the glory of the Lord. You shouldn't have to worry about ANY of this nonsense.

BTW

Upvote 0

Hope_0004

Mar 14, 2005
✟17,573.00
I agree with BTW... I understand that this must be incredibly frustrating, not knowing where you are supposed to be, etc., but you need to find a quiet place and time and simply listen to what God wants for you. I tend to get anxious and feel lost, such as the way you described yourself feeling, when I'm trying to figure out everything myself as opposed to listening.

Give this situation to God, honey, because you'll never be able to figure it out on your own. He will lead you where you need to be.

Upvote 0

LindseyAnne

Mar 15, 2005
✟136.00
Faith
Christian
If you are wanting to go to Bible college in order to go into full-time ministry, you need the leadership. Even though your pastor is in a position of authority over you right now, it sounds to me like he's in a power trip. If he cared about you two, he would be supportive over the move, especially since you've explained to him the reasons they want to move you.

I realize you may not look at going into ministry as a "career", but it kinda is. If you were working for a corporation, and the big boss at the corporation wanted to move you so that you could gain more experience and thus be promoted, you'd go, right? You'd want to advance yourself to your full potential. It sounds like this pastor is not recognizing your full potential, and others above him are.

Pack your bags, and do what is best for you and your husband. The pastor will get over it; you are not doing anything wrong by taking the necessary steps to achieve your goals for yourself.

Upvote 0

BeforeThereWas

Seasoned Warrior
Mar 14, 2005
Midwest City, OK
✟10,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
LindseyAnne said:
If you are wanting to go to Bible college in order to go into full-time ministry, you need the leadership. Even though your pastor is in a position of authority over you right now, it sounds to me like he's in a power trip.

I personally consider it to be highly questionable for people to assume that some guy in charge of a man-made "church" organization is automatically qualified as a leader in anyone's life. Achieving leadership within organized religion does not mean one is spiritually mature. This "power trip" drives my point home quite nicely.

If he cared about you two, he would be supportive over the move, especially since you've explained to him the reasons they want to move you.

But if he's on a "power trip," then what good would it do to explain anything to him?

The creator of this thread appears to have lost interest (so to speak), which tends to indicate that it is actually just another of the many threads I've seen that do nothing but get things going to keep the activity up. People with multiple identities come up with these off-the-wall problems in order to keep things looking busy in the forums. They keep people talking. Very common tactic among forum sites.

BTW

Upvote 0