✟25,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi,

I am not struggling as much anymore, as the Bible is amazingly clear that all who believe will be saved. Since salvation and eternally damned are complete opposites, it’s quite easy to see that someone who committed the unpardonable sin would never be a believer.

I am curious though…so many pastors and Christians say that if you are fearful that you committed the unpardonable sin, that is sure proof that you have not done so. Can someone provide me with the Bible verses that back this saying? It would help me in my assurance.

Blessings,
Tyler

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I am not struggling as much anymore, as the Bible is amazingly clear that all who believe will be saved. Since salvation and eternally damned are complete opposites, it’s quite easy to see that someone who committed the unpardonable sin would never be a believer.

I am curious though…so many pastors and Christians say that if you are fearful that you committed the unpardonable sin, that is sure proof that you have not done so. Can someone provide me with the Bible verses that back this saying? It would help me in my assurance.

Blessings,
Tyler

You have been exposed to incorrect teachings on this subject. No one can commit the unpardonable sin. This sin was a national sin committed by the nation of Israel, when they rejected Jesus as the promised Messiah.

Their rejection was based on the miracles Jesus did. They (Israel rulers) stated Jesus accomplished His miracles by the power of demons specifically by the power of Beelzebul, the prince of demons, that this fellow drives out demons.”. The nation rejected that Jesus was accomplishing His miracles by The Power of God.

This is the only context that this sin is found in Mathew 12 and like i wrote. Can only be committed by the nation of Israel when Jesus was physically present with the nation of Israel offering them the kingdom of God. This sin is not a sin that individuals can commit.

Matthew 12 (A)+.jpg

Matthew 12 (B)+.jpg

Matthew 12 (c)+.jpg

Matthew 12 (d)+.jpg

Matthew 12 (e)+.jpg

Matthew 12 (f)+.jpg

Matthew 12 (g)+.jpg

Matthew 12 (h)+.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Blessings,
Tyler
Well go back and read about it. Read exactly who Christ was talking to. Not one was a follower. Those that did it ..did not care what so ever.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟916,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

Blessings,
Tyler
Doubt is a very wicked thing and fear feeds doubt. Work on less doubt so that the truth of His promise is realized and fear begins to disappear.
Be blessed.

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟286,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Blessings,
Tyler
Jesus said that if we do not forgive others, then we will not be forgiven, so unforgiveness is an unpardonable sin not in the sense that we can't repent from it, but in the sense that it cuts us off from our means of being forgiven. God's ability to forgive us is greater than our ability to sin, so what makes a sin into an unpardonable sin is that it puts us in a state where we are not seeking forgiveness through repentance. The Pharisees that Jesus was speaking to were not concerned that they had committed the unpardonable sin because they were not repentant for what they had done, so if someone is concerned that they had committed the unpardonable sin, then they are repentant and God is always gracious to forgive those who are repentant no matter how many times they stumble.

Reactions: Tyler35
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟728,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi,

Blessings,
Tyler
Blaspheming the Holy Spirit means to purposely shut it out, to stop listening to God’s voice ... without remorse.

If a person is concerned about blaspheming the Holy Spirt then they wouldn't be concerned about it. If they are .... then God is bringing it to their mind (conscience) and is drawing them to Himself ..... at some point one's heart can become so hardened that God will cease to draw them .....

the story of Pharaoh is a good example (Exodus 8) .. God sent many plagues and at any time Pharaoh could have changed his mind .... but he didn't. So Pharaoh first hardened his own heart .... and by continuing to do so then God hardened it by removing His spirit completely. When this happens one is forever lost ... because they have no conscience about sin (transgression of God's laws) whatsoever.

God is very patient .... but some people will never change and He knows who they are and He will separate Himself totally from that person.

It is the shutting off of ones conscience totally towards God .... one continuously lives in sin and refuses to repent ... at some point in time God will totally give them over to their sin.

What is sin? Transgression of the law.

There are those that don't care about God's laws and will remain in that state ..... sad ... but true. They no longer seek God and don't care about sin (transgression of God's laws).

Upvote 0