Contributor
Apr 25, 2002
Southwest US
Visit site
✟7,479.00
Faith
Other Religion
Howdy,

Just putting this out there for all to think about.

I've been thinking lately about how we're all connected, but more than that, about creativity, dreams and the like.

Where do dreams come from? Or more to the point, do we go to some alternate reality when we dream? Are dreams really any less real than our waking reality?

Where do creative thoughts come from? Do we truly 'make things up' on our own, or are we tapping into an infinite universe where anything we can think of exists on some level? Do vampires and werewolves exist in some parallel universe?

And just what is this reality? Are we just a dream of some other mind? Is all we see an illusion? Do we just accept what we see as real without truly disecting it and analyzing it?

I'm anxious to hear and share thoughts on these and any other questions they may give birth to.

SS :thumbsup:

halfpastseven

Mar 10, 2006
✟7,656.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Soul_Searcher said:
Howdy,

Just putting this out there for all to think about.

I've been thinking lately about how we're all connected, but more than that, about creativity, dreams and the like.

Where do dreams come from? Or more to the point, do we go to some alternate reality when we dream? Are dreams really any less real than our waking reality?

Where do creative thoughts come from? Do we truly 'make things up' on our own, or are we tapping into an infinite universe where anything we can think of exists on some level? Do vampires and werewolves exist in some parallel universe?

And just what is this reality? Are we just a dream of some other mind? Is all we see an illusion? Do we just accept what we see as real without truly disecting it and analyzing it?

I'm anxious to hear and share thoughts on these and any other questions they may give birth to.

SS :thumbsup:
this is crazy but i was driving down the road tonight i was thinking of some of the exact same things that you are speaking of
i was going to get on here tonight and post something very simalar

dreams are some of the most mysterious things known to man if you ask me
like how can i have these places that i have never been to before keep coming back in my dreams and keep finding myself in those suroundings
are they made up or do they really exist somehow or somewhere, am i entering another dimention of some sort
ive had an experience where i had emergency surgery done and when i woke from the anistesia and they placed me in the bed of the room i was staying in, i was all druged up and stuff but i fell asleep and when i did i instantly knew i was dreaming or in my subconcious and i felt more alive than ever but i also felt like i had the power to leave my dreams and enter into other peoples dreams so i went to visit not antyone in my family but jus my close friends that are pretty much like fam but didnt know i was in the hospital, i would wake up every hour on the hour and then go back to sleep to go visit someone else altho for some reason i could never remember what was going on or being said in the dreams it was jus real crazy to me to have all of that seem so intense and for sure that that was what i was really doing, even the next day one of the nurses came in the room and i was half asleep and half awake and i could have swore that i jumped inside her head and read her thoughts without even wanting or trying to
even before all that i have had dreams that came true, they were never posative tho, but at that time in my life i was involved with alot of bad things and very open to signs and to god, but when things started coming true it was mind boggling
are dreams any less real than our waking reality
somethin funny is when i was about 7 years old i use to think that my life was all one big dream and i was one day going to wake from it, this jus goes to show how crazy i was even way back then
i have even had a dream once where i wasnt even asleep but it was very vivid and i remember the whole thing and it involved me being guided thru the universe by some being and i learned alot from it
for all we know dreams could be the true reality and this could be the non existing place that we are placed in, but that thought alone is very complex

i asked that same question for years, what is this reality that we are living in, sometimes i feal like everything is just a figment of my imagination, as real as everything seems, to me it seems to be just as unreal, there are two sides to people there is the physical and there is the spiritual which to me is the subconcious, and the more real one to me is the subconcious thats where my mind met the body and the soul, n its breakin thru the mold of a story bein told cause this book could never fold
this may seem kinda deep but thats where i work the controls, i never fell asleep from bein awoke i rose

i could probably talk about this for hours but ima stop for now

"no one is anyones friend, no one is anyones enemy"-rumi

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Soul_Searcher said:
Where do dreams come from?

I'm going to have to go with the "boring" answer and say that your dreams come from you -- i.e. from the operations of your own brain/mind.

And just what is this reality? Are we just a dream of some other mind? Is all we see an illusion?

No, it's real enough, though it can be misunderstood.

Upvote 0

Soul_Searcher

Contributor
Apr 25, 2002
Southwest US
Visit site
✟7,479.00
Faith
Other Religion
Hi Eudaimonist,

"I'm going to have to go with the "boring" answer and say that your dreams come from you -- i.e. from the operations of your own brain/mind."

I'm not disagreeing, but it's about where we pluck these images from. Do you really think we make it all up? More to the point, I don't think our minds are confined to our brains.

"No, it's real enough, though it can be misunderstood."

It's nice you can be so sure and black and white about it, but I see, and I'm reading of scientific studies that see lots of gray area.

Upvote 0

Soul_Searcher

Contributor
Apr 25, 2002
Southwest US
Visit site
✟7,479.00
Faith
Other Religion
Hi 7:30,

Thanks for your input and sharing your experiences. I'm reading "The Holographic Universe" at the moment; I think you would get a lot from it.

"somethin funny is when i was about 7 years old i use to think that my life was all one big dream and i was one day going to wake from it, this jus goes to show how crazy i was even way back then"

I don't think you were crazy at all, but seeing beyond the fringe. Don't let go of this idea, but instead pursue it and see where it takes you.

Have a wonderful journey. :)

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Soul_Searcher said:
I'm not disagreeing, but it's about where we pluck these images from.

Why must we "pluck" images from anywhere at all? Why can't they be manufactured within us?

Do you really think we make it all up?

Yes, I really think that.

More to the point, I don't think our minds are confined to our brains.

Okay. I don't see why that should be the case, though.

It's nice you can be so sure and black and white about it, but I see, and I'm reading of scientific studies that see lots of gray area.

Such as?

Upvote 0

Soul_Searcher

Contributor
Apr 25, 2002
Southwest US
Visit site
✟7,479.00
Faith
Other Religion
Hi Eudaimonist,

"Why must we "pluck" images from anywhere at all? Why can't they be manufactured within us?"

I think they are, but I also think our minds, especially when we're asleep, tap into the larger intelligence of the universe.

"Yes, I really think that."

That's cool.

"Okay. I don't see why that should be the case, though."

I'm not saying it should, but it's what I believe.

"Such as?"

Look into the works of Bohm(physics), Grof(psychotherapy), Pribam(neurosciencee), not to mention Jung and others. That would be a start. :)

Upvote 0
B

Born_to_Lose_Live_to_Win

Soul_Searcher said:
Howdy,

Where do dreams come from?

From the subconscious mind of the dreamer.

Or more to the point, do we go to some alternate reality when we dream?

I think whatever the dreamer dreamer dreams about is just an aspect of himself/herself. This aspect may be his/her major characteristic or something deeply entrenched which comes out only in dreams.
Basically, the dream is about the dreamer.

Are dreams really any less real than our waking reality?

Experience in the waking state is no different from that in the dream
state. In both states, it is your own experience that is not shared by others, and it is real for you alone.

Where do creative thoughts come from? Do we truly 'make things up' on our own, or are we tapping into an infinite universe where anything we can think of exists on some level?

Creative thoughts come from the mind. Anything I can think of exists in my mind for sure.

Do vampires and werewolves exist in some parallel universe?

They didn't exist until I saw this question. Now they do.:D

And just what is this reality?

By 'this reality', if you mean that which I perceive through my senses, then it is my own version of reality, not shared by you.

Are we just a dream of some other mind?

I don't know.

Is all we see an illusion?

I wouldn't call it an illusion. I call it perspective. I have my own perspective. What I see, hear, touch, etc. is my own experience and no others.

Do we just accept what we see as real without truly disecting it and analyzing it?

Empirical reality is only an individual concept. To each his own. But inspite of that, why do we both agree that I see the same thing that you see even if our perspectives differ?

Nice post, since it talks about things that suits my thinking palate.

SS :thumbsup:[/quote]

Upvote 0