The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Call me stoopid if you must, but what is "Shema"?
Don't feel stoopid, I never heard of it either until a couple of years after coming to CF. So it can't be that important then..right? :) OK, maybe that's just our opinion...maybe. OK, maybe MY opinion only. ;) Anyway, here's a 'brief' my opinion.

The SHEMA is based upon;
DEU 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

'They' believe it proves the 'oneness' of God, which it doesn't IMO. As a matter of fact the word for "God/Elohim" is plural here and should be translated GODS, kind of kills 'oneness' . And they believe it means Jehovah is the God of the Gentiles too, which it doesn't IMO. I worship El Elyon which is the 'most high God'. AND, contrary to what nothead said; Abraham Issac and Jacob never even knew the name of Israel's God....Jehovah. They only knew the name El Shaddai.

EXO 6:2 And God/Elohim spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD/JEHOVAH:
3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty/El Shaddai, but by my name JEHOVAH/JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Notice how they don't even translate JEHOVAH consistently in verse 2 and 3? Should be LORD/LORD or JEHOVAH/JEHOVAH.

But that's just my 'off topic' two cents worth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nothead

Oct 15, 2013
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He could have used google to look it up real quick and then pretend that he already knew what it meant. At least give him respect for humbly asking you what it means.

I'll be honest, I didn't know what it was either. Anyone who's willing to humble themselves and ask an honest question for the sake of learning and understanding, has a real heart for the Truth of God and those people deserve respect and love, not ridicule.
You guys want a rant or what? This is the nothead RANT of the ages...

The Shema is the HIGHEST LAW ever given man ever to the People of the PROMISE, the Jews.
AS they were about to cross thet Olde River JORDAN He did give them this Law.

And notice He was ABOUT to also give the Land of Milk and Honey, the LOVE of God shewn unto his own.
And He said em now I gotta look it UP...

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

5 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

8 And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.

9 And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.

10 And it shall be, when the Lord thy God shall have brought thee into the land which he sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give thee great and goodly cities, which thou buildedst not,

11 And houses full of all good things, which thou filledst not, and wells digged, which thou diggedst not, vineyards and olive trees, which thou plantedst not; when thou shalt have eaten and be full;

12 Then beware lest thou forget the Lord, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

13 Thou shalt fear the Lord thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name.

14 Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you;

15 (For the Lord thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the Lord thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.

...and the HEBREW is translated, HEAR oh ISRAEL, YHWH our Elohim, YHWH one.
NOW translated AMONG Hebrews as Shema Israel, Adonai Elohenu Adonai echad.
And SPEAKING of ONE God with ONE identity/name and ONE distinct Being, ELOHIM. THIS Elohim is the ONLY Elohim of itself GOD.

...and so then the Hebrews took the Land and some tried to do Shema IN THEIR FLESH and maybe some quickly gave up. And others TRIED harder IN THEIR flesh even to the end of their days. And some great rabbi recites Shema as he is getting his SKIN flayed off and all knew this love of God is TO DIE FOR. And now we come unto the SCRIBE who asks JESUS what is the Greatest Command in Mk 12.

...and what did Jesus say?

28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength:
this is the first commandment.

31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

34 And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

So then we know whom JESUS called God, the SAME God as Abraham Isaac and Jacob. And we know what IS the Greatest Command under this sun. And we know IF we ever studied the CORRELATIONS that the Circumcision of HEART is this very thing:

Deut 30

6 And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

And a further correlation is made to Jesus and Nicodemus:

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

And nothead makes this correlation ODDLY considering the Circumcision of the Heart is CORRELATE to the Baptism in Spirit for the Christian. Or NOT so oddly after all.

The Baptism in Spirit BRINGS Shema to our hearts in Spirit. It is the Jump and the LEAP to do Shema. It is the INNATE LOVE of ALLLL Christians upon this earth as the HIGHEST EVIDENCE of faith, THROUGH JESUS to HIS GOD.

It IS the rebirthed man EN ESPIRITU. It IS Salvation on the ROCKS. It IS the Gospel Train ON WHEELS. It is the WAY of the saints of the One True God who has ever been YHWH whom I LOVE not no hodgepodge mishmash TRINITY of God.

And this ends the Tale of Nothead. From flake to BABY CHRISTIAN. From milk to MEAT. From faith to FAITH. From vague seeing to CLEAR VIEW.

Etcetera...you cannot SAY I bent the rules here. YOU ASKED FOR IT.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Disgruntled? AofG is only 50% Spirit baptized. Their PASTORS may shout and huff about, but SECULAR they are becoming.
And not a ONE of them know Shema. How can I not be? NEXT they are gonna be as SECULAR as German Christians in the 1930's.

And don't ever THINK I didn't notice you could not ADDRESS the TREMBLE in "trembling" sir. Totally DOES AWAY with your "respect" dealybobber. I'll say...respect with GROVELING sir. And this to PAUL sir the REP of God just as Jesus was more so.

nothead,

1. Philippians 2:12; Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Ephesians 6:5; Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ.
1 Timothy 6:1; Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. Verse 2; And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.
1 Timothy 1:5; For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now. Verse 6; Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

2 The context of Philippians 2 is Paul exhorting the Philippians to fulfill his joy and be like minded and in unity etc. He talks about Jesus having the mind of a servant as God in the flesh and how he humbled himself to the cross. We have to humble ourselves and surrender to the message of the gospel and that Jesus is the Savior and the only name whereby we can be saved and who all will bow and confess he is Lord.
The reason why we work out your salvation with fear and trembling is because God that works in you he works both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Our part is being faithful in obedience to him.
We are not to fear our earthly master but in singleness in heart just like with God in singleness of heart. Even non christian masters are worthy of honor so the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. It is not talking about being afraid and shaking in your boots or else you are going to get struck down.

3. The context was about hell and using it as a vehicle to get people to become christians. That is not the gospel.
At the same time if you are not being obedient to the excess of backsliding willfully and keep drifting farther and farther away from the Lord you better be fearful. And willful rebels should know the heat of hell because they are trying to purposely trying to kill the message of the cross.

4. We do need to know why we are a sinner and where that kind of life leads to and why just like we would tell them of what we have to look forward to the joys of heaven. But to be use legalism as a mode of scaring people into hell is not the gospel and 9 times out of 10 never works. Besides it takes the Holy Spirit to draw men to Christ. If one is trying to get them by there great wealth of knowledge without the power of God and without love they will usually stay more imbedded in their stance against being saved or staying saved. As I said before the context was about legalism and God is against legalism.

5. As far as the AG yes some of them are going secular and it is sad but not all of them. And many understand the Shema so you are just stereotyping.

6. God is not trying scare us into heaven and I understand such as a parent being the authority and the child has a reverence because they know what the consequences are if they don't obey. That is not God's vehicle of the objective to save people and it is not his number one reason to save them.
Many sinners don't like Christianity because of the fact of hell to begin with whether you use it to witness or not.
You still need to work on your sweetness. lol Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

nothead

Oct 15, 2013
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't feel stoopid, I never heard of it either until a couple of years after coming to CF. So it can't be that important then..right? :) OK, maybe that's just our opinion...maybe. OK, maybe MY opinion only. ;) Anyway, here's a 'brief' my opinion.

The SHEMA is based upon;
DEU 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

'They' believe it proves the 'oneness' of God, which it doesn't IMO. As a matter of fact the word for "God/Elohim" is plural here and should be translated GODS, kind of kills 'oneness' . And they believe it means Jehovah is the God of the Gentiles too, which it doesn't IMO. I worship El Elyon which is the 'most high God'. AND, contrary to what nothead said; Abraham Issac and Jacob never even knew the name of Israel's God....Jehovah. They only knew the name El Shaddai.

EXO 6:2 And God/Elohim spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD/JEHOVAH:
3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty/El Shaddai, but by my name JEHOVAH/JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Notice how they don't even translate JEHOVAH consistently in verse 2 and 3? Should be LORD/LORD or JEHOVAH/JEHOVAH.

But that's just my 'off topic' two cents worth.

You don't know the FIRST thing about Hebrew language sir. Elohim is PLURAL just like faces (panim) or waters are plural.
It is like the capitalization we do in English, and the SINGULARITY of "elohim" attendant to GOD is proven by the singular verbs and especially PRONOUNS attendant to "elohim." HE, I and ME not US, THEM or OURS or WE.

You so wrong you off the boat drowning wrong. You couldn't PADDLE in the POO if thaddle have to DO for YOU sir.

Upvote 0

nothead

Oct 15, 2013
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
nothead,

1. Philippians 2:12; Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Ephesians 6:5; Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ.
1 Timothy 6:1; Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. Verse 2; And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.
1 Timothy 1:5; For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now. Verse 6; Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

2 The context of Philippians 2 is Paul exhorting the Philippians to fulfill his joy and be like minded and in unity etc. He talks about Jesus having the mind of a servant as God in the flesh and how he humbled himself to the cross. We have to humble ourselves and surrender to the message of the gospel and that Jesus is the Savior and the only name whereby we can be saved and who all will bow and confess he is Lord.
The reason why we work out your salvation with fear and trembling is because God that works in you he works both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Our part is being faithful in obedience to him.
We are not to fear our earthly master but in singleness in heart just like with God in singleness of heart. Even non christian masters are worthy of honor so the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed. It is not talking about being afraid and shaking in your boots or else you are going to get struck down.

Trembling makes no sense in your paradigm sir. I am sorry but the word actually destroys your argument sir. NO RESPECT in the usual sense of the word INCLUDES trembling sir. Sorry sir again sir. You are bonkers sir.

3. The context was about hell and using it as a vehicle to get people to become christians. That is not the gospel.
At the same time if you are not being obedient to the excess of backsliding willfully and keep drifting farther and farther away from the Lord you better be fearful. And willful rebels should know the heat of hell because they are trying to purposely trying to kill the message of the cross.

4. We do need to know why we are a sinner and where that kind of life leads to and why just like we would tell them of what we have to look forward to the joys of heaven. But to be use legalism as a mode of scaring people into hell is not the gospel and 9 times out of 10 never works. Besides it takes the Holy Spirit to draw men to Christ. If one is trying to get them by there great wealth of knowledge without the power of God and without love they will usually stay more imbedded in their stance against being saved or staying saved. As I said before the context was about legalism and God is against legalism.

5. As far as the AG yes some of them are going secular and it is sad but not all of them. And many understand the Shema so you are just stereotyping.

None I spoke to including yourself sir. You are dead wrong sir. You wouldn't know up from down sir. You couldn't tie your shoelaces until you a grown man sir. You wouldn't know Shema from Adam sir. Don't mind saying so sir...

6. God is not trying scare us into heaven and I understand such as a parent being the authority and the child has a reverence because they know what the consequences are if they don't obey. That is not God's vehicle of the objective to save people and it is not his number one reason to save them.
Many sinners don't like Christianity because of the fact of hell to begin with whether you use it to witness or not.
You still need to work on your sweetness.

Oddly Paul was speaking to BELIEVERS sir, not HEATHENS sir. So no I don't mention HELLFIRE and BRIMSTONE to my heathen loved ones sir ESPECIALLY my Buddhist wife sir.

Or TREMBLING with fear sir. Thank you sir. Have a sweet day sir. Boxing is the Sweet Science sir. Consider yourself KNOCKED OUT sir. Hopefully you will come out of it sir.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Trembling makes no sense in your paradigm sir. I am sorry but the word actually destroys your argument sir. NO RESPECT in the usual sense of the word INCLUDES trembling sir. Sorry sir again sir. You are bonkers sir.

None I spoke to including yourself sir. You are dead wrong sir. You wouldn't know up from down sir. You couldn't tie your shoelaces until you a grown man sir. You wouldn't know Shema from Adam sir. Don't mind saying so sir...

Oddly Paul was speaking to BELIEVERS sir, not HEATHENS sir. So no I don't mention HELLFIRE and BRIMSTONE to my heathen loved ones sir ESPECIALLY my Buddhist wife sir.

Or TREMBLING with fear sir. Thank you sir. Have a sweet day sir. Boxing is the Sweet Science sir. Consider yourself KNOCKED OUT sir. Hopefully you will come out of it sir.

nothead,

1. It's funny you think you are right and you didn't show one scripture to prove your point.

2. I am still alive and I am not wrong and neither are the scriptures. Up is above and down is beneath and that is the way God is in stature to us for the heavens are his throne and the earth is his footstool. Sadly, you seem to think you are above and everyone else is beneath.

3. Adam believed in the Shema much more than you and I because he was sinless.

4. Paul was speaking to believers and I said that and explained and I paralleled it to unbelievers as servant to their masters by the same phrase and it had to do with honor and not trying to put an unhealthy fear in them to scare them into a response and God does not do the same. The Spirit will do everything to chasten us but fear of hell is not the primary way of him doing that. I said at the same time if that is what it takes the Spirit will do it.
Point in case in my family one who had been raised in church and who had been saved and lived for the Lord got into a bad way and was running away from the Lord's call to come back for a few years and was in a service where the preacher said, I don't believe in scaring one into hell but there is someone today if they were to die it might be there last chance and they need to come today. Conviction was already in their heart to begin with but they responded.

5. Now you need to learn proper context of the scripture and of what I say to you. This is the very reason we get wrong doctrine and why people are misunderstood because of people like you that are not either paying attention, don't understand and comprehend or don't care when it has been made simple enough to understand and comprehend.

6. I don't know if you were not a christian when you married and I am not discouraging you from not staying with your wife or saying anything to her at all, except that you be a witness to her. Scripturally being yoked together is being believers in Christ. If you are a christian you need to love her and love her enough to pray for her to come to Christ. This is no way meant as disrespect but God designed man and woman to be one flesh not by the sanctity of marriage as much as the sanctity of being one in him as believers through marriage.

7. I am a professional musician and I will not get involved in certain areas of traveling with certain bands even though I may like playing their kind of music because it is a comprising situation to be in because of the environment that they attract that is too risky for a christian to be in. It is not that I have problems with that being able to be done successfully and if I really felt led of the Lord to do it I might but I would have to be a strong witness. Most likely most of them would feel convicted anyway and ask you to leave unless they were to get saved.

8. Buddahists are not christians and it doesn't have nothing to do with them not being good moral or spiritual beings but they do not believe in living for God according to the cross and resurrection and carrying the cross for Christ. Buddha was about peace and tranquility and being moral and have self control but that doesn't save a person. They also believe in reincarnation which is not anywhere in scripture in the context of Buddha. I am not out to dis your wife and I am sure she is a wonderful lady but truth is truth if we are to believe the Bible as the authority in and for life and that is something you have to deal with. It could be the very reason that you are dealing with of what we are talking about and feel in a compromised situation that you don't know how to handle because of not being equally yoked in God's eyes and the very reason that your tone of your conversation is the way it is and I wouldn't say sweet. I do say this with love.

9. I had been in a situation to where I understood we were both christians and then for whatever reasons the other party didn't want to stay married and left and it was very hard for me to accept and I didn't have a choice anyway unless I would have maybe prayed more instead of being heartbroken. So things happen with even christian marriages too and we have to deal with God and be dealt by God in each and every situation.

10. Boxing may be a sweet science to you but it is not eternal and heaven and hell are. Jerry kelso

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You don't know the FIRST thing about Hebrew language sir. Elohim is PLURAL just like faces (panim) or waters are plural.
It is like the capitalization we do in English, and the SINGULARITY of "elohim" attendant to GOD is proven by the singular verbs and especially PRONOUNS attendant to "elohim." HE, I and ME not US, THEM or OURS or WE.

You so wrong you off the boat drowning wrong. You couldn't PADDLE in the POO if thaddle have to DO for YOU sir.

Dude, I just re-read the T&C - I think you are out of line, and owe Hillsage an apology.

Upvote 0

nothead

Oct 15, 2013
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
nothead,

1. It's funny you think you are right and you didn't show one scripture to prove your point.

2. I am still alive and I am not wrong and neither are the scriptures. Up is above and down is beneath and that is the way God is in stature to us for the heavens are his throne and the earth is his footstool. Sadly, you seem to think you are above and everyone else is beneath.

3. Adam believed in the Shema much more than you and I because he was sinless.

Every day I have to correct you and this is getting tedious sir. Just the opposite for Adam. He did not love God ENOUGH to do the one thing God told him NOT to do. The real intent of God was not to deny Adam some arbitrary thing...but not knowing exactly the consequences of his actions...Adam's MAIN problem was simple trust and love. He did not TRUST that what God told him was the best thing FOR him. So then Shema was NOT in his heart, although it was not articulated to man YET as Law, the Highest one. DEAD wrong and I didn't say YOU are dead. You just seem to not be able to think too well sir. But you are improving. I had to get to item three before you are once again corrected.

4. Paul was speaking to believers and I said that and explained and I paralleled it to unbelievers as servant to their masters by the same phrase and it had to do with honor and not trying to put an unhealthy fear in them to scare them into a response and God does not do the same. The Spirit will do everything to chasten us but fear of hell is not the primary way of him doing that. I said at the same time if that is what it takes the Spirit will do it.
Point in case in my family one who had been raised in church and who had been saved and lived for the Lord got into a bad way and was running away from the Lord's call to come back for a few years and was in a service where the preacher said, I don't believe in scaring one into hell but there is someone today if they were to die it might be there last chance and they need to come today. Conviction was already in their heart to begin with but they responded.

This ain't totally right. There is no cut and dried attitude to backsliders, and it isn't really honest to say God only punishes believers with temporal punishments...how much fear SHOULD one have since all temporal things of life OVERLAP into the eternal? Seeing in life, seeing spiritually. Hearing in life, hearing spiritually. Joy in life, JOY indescribable. Breathing in life, the RUACH breathing in you. The first death from life, the spiritual death. You may be usually right here but a Holy Spirit led person doesn't make absolute codes of conduct. Sometimes a real fear is needed and exhortation to BE this is needed.

Consider again I believe Ananias and Sapphira were baptized in Spirit. And their end to me is not known for sure but OMINOUS.

5. Now you need to learn proper context of the scripture and of what I say to you. This is the very reason we get wrong doctrine and why people are misunderstood because of people like you that are not either paying attention, don't understand and comprehend or don't care when it has been made simple enough to understand and comprehend

What context are you saying this? I have no idea.

6. I don't know if you were not a christian when you married and I am not discouraging you from not staying with your wife or saying anything to her at all, except that you be a witness to her. Scripturally being yoked together is being believers in Christ. If you are a christian you need to love her and love her enough to pray for her to come to Christ. This is no way meant as disrespect but God designed man and woman to be one flesh not by the sanctity of marriage as much as the sanctity of being one in him as believers through marriage.

Too late. This sermon is about 12 years too late, sir. You DO like to speak of passe things right? Oh I get it. You are saying I must be bogus since I married bogus. Hear me advise you or anyone to marry a Buddhist, sir? I am not running for office sir.
Denigrating the candidate don't work here. And maybe your propensity to do so speaks of your own self, sir.

7. I am a professional musician and I will not get involved in certain areas of traveling with certain bands even though I may like playing their kind of music because it is a comprising situation to be in because of the environment that they attract that is too risky for a christian to be in. It is not that I have problems with that being able to be done successfully and if I really felt led of the Lord to do it I might but I would have to be a strong witness. Most likely most of them would feel convicted anyway and ask you to leave unless they were to get saved.

Professional musician, yeah? Problem for you is only in the orchestra you gonna get paid. But this number seven has nothing to do with nothing unless you want to just 'em...ramble on. Hey, do you write songs too? This could be your autobiographical one: Ramblin' man.

Ramble on my brother...

Ramble on...

Ramble as I ramble since we ramble on...

We love to ramble...ramblin' on...

Makes us happy, under this ole sun...

8. Buddahists are not christians and it doesn't have nothing to do with them not being good moral or spiritual beings but they do not believe in living for God according to the cross and resurrection and carrying the cross for Christ. Buddha was about peace and tranquility and being moral and have self control but that doesn't save a person. They also believe in reincarnation which is not anywhere in scripture in the context of Buddha. I am not out to dis your wife and I am sure she is a wonderful lady but truth is truth if we are to believe the Bible as the authority in and for life and that is something you have to deal with. It could be the very reason that you are dealing with of what we are talking about and feel in a compromised situation that you don't know how to handle because of not being equally yoked in God's eyes and the very reason that your tone of your conversation is the way it is and I wouldn't say sweet. I do say this with love.

Ramble on my brother...

Ramble on...

9. I had been in a situation to where I understood we were both christians and then for whatever reasons the other party didn't want to stay married and left and it was very hard for me to accept and I didn't have a choice anyway unless I would have maybe prayed more instead of being heartbroken. So things happen with even christian marriages too and we have to deal with God and be dealt by God in each and every situation.

I LOVE to ramble...

Ramblin' on...

I WILL keep ramblin'

Under this ole sun...

10. Boxing may be a sweet science to you but it is not eternal and heaven and hell are. Jerry kelso

Waitaminute. If I am Baptized in Spirit, you can't say this. Not under item (4) sir. And it is against the rules too. This is the hypocrisy of AofG. They shuffle back and forth between done and did salvation, and hell and fire possible for the baptized.

Upvote 0

nothead

Oct 15, 2013
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dude, I just re-read the T&C - I think you are out of line, and owe Hillsage an apology.
I don't think so.

Some things repeated online and in tradition are so heinous, the heiny needs a hiding. You can get some too. Bend over.

EVERY HEBREW LANGUAGE SCHOLAR knows what I just said. GOMER arguments just show HOW GOMER arguments proliferate.

I see what you are lookin' at with NO comment on my Shema post. Nice going sir. I did spend about an hour typing it. Why ask questions like that and give no response? AGAIN if you don't know Shema, you DON'T know the GREATEST COMMAND of YOUR God UNDER THIS SUN.

Let me put it straightforward, sir. WHEN you ask what the GREATEST COMMAND IS, the answer WILL BE EITHER a SINGULAR GOD, or as Hillsage expounds, a PLURAL GOD.

The "echad" of the Adonai is EITHER/OR. And getting THIS right is to BE spot on Command. OR directly opposite spot-on. Do you see this or NOT, sir?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't think so.

Some things repeated online and in tradition are so heinous, the heiny needs a hiding. You can get some too. Bend over.

EVERY HEBREW LANGUAGE SCHOLAR knows what I just said. GOMER arguments just show HOW GOMER arguments proliferate.

I see what you are lookin' at with NO comment on my Shema post. Nice going sir. I did spend about an hour typing it. Why ask questions like that and give no response? AGAIN if you don't know Shema, you DON'T know the GREATEST COMMAND of YOUR God UNDER THIS SUN.

Let me put it straightforward, sir. WHEN you ask what the GREATEST COMMAND IS, the answer WILL BE EITHER a SINGULAR GOD, or as Hillsage expounds, a PLURAL GOD.

The "echad" of the Adonai is EITHER/OR. And getting THIS right is to BE spot on Command. OR directly opposite spot-on. Do you see this or NOT, sir?

I will leave this site before I will bend over for you. I think you sling attitude and odd terms (just what is a "GOMER argument" anyway?) around with great abandon. I think we are NOT on the same page, and barely speak the same language.

BTW, I did read your long post about the Shema. We used to sing part of it back in my GCI days, only I didn't know the term. To be very frank, I have difficulty with posts written in lots of CAPS and mult-colors. Even so, the post was a good addition to the discussion, so thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nothead

Oct 15, 2013
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will leave this site before I will bend over for you. I think you sling attitude and odd terms (just what is a "GOMER argument" anyway?) around with great abandon. I think we are NOT on the same page, and barely speak the same language.
Not regarding Shema obviously. Then again you did not know what it was...and then asked me specifically what it was. And then you did not respond. And actually I did tell you EXACTLY why I am not a trinitarian OR JisG. And you consider this another language. And I did tell you the gospel HINGES upon Shema in concept at least. The Agape Love Paul did state as the highest EVIDENCE of Spirit Baptism is Shema in a Nutshell, sir.

So then not speaking my language is not speaking BIBLE language. Like to dig your hole DEEPER, sir?

I don't care what you will do, and many have turned their backs also to the WAY sir. God theology? Apparently NOT.

Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not regarding Shema obviously. Then again you did not know what it was...and then asked me specifically what it was. And then you did not respond. And actually I did tell you EXACTLY why I am not a trinitarian OR JisG. And you consider this another language. And I did tell you the gospel HINGES upon Shema in concept at least. The Agape Love Paul did state as the highest EVIDENCE of Spirit Baptism is Shema in a Nutshell, sir.

So then not speaking my language is not speaking BIBLE language. Like to dig your hole DEEPER, sir?

I don't care what you will do, and many have turned their backs also to the WAY sir. God theology? Apparently NOT.

Do you just have an overpowering need to turn anything/everything I say into an insult? If you are not speaking in LOVE, sir, then it is you who is not speaking Bible language. Pick up your shovel and dig.

Upvote 0

nothead

Oct 15, 2013
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you just have an overpowering need to turn anything/everything I say into an insult? If you are not speaking in LOVE, sir, then it is you who is not speaking Bible language. Pick up your shovel and dig.
I do speak in love when I hide your heiny sir. You just TOOK a hiding and don't even know it.

This hurts me more than it hurts you sir. Ever heard that one, sir?

Let me give you a hint sir. NO Christian UNDER THIS SUN has an excuse NOT to know the HIGHEST COMMAND OF GOD the Shema, sir.

It is the PURPOSE and the INTENT of God for man ever since Adam sir.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Every day I have to correct you and this is getting tedious sir. Just the opposite for Adam. He did not love God ENOUGH to do the one thing God told him NOT to do. The real intent of God was not to deny Adam some arbitrary thing...but not knowing exactly the consequences of his actions...Adam's MAIN problem was simple trust and love. He did not TRUST that what God told him was the best thing FOR him. So then Shema was NOT in his heart, although it was not articulated to man YET as Law, the Highest one. DEAD wrong and I didn't say YOU are dead. You just seem to not be able to think too well sir. But you are improving. I had to get to item three before you are once again corrected.

This ain't totally right. There is no cut and dried attitude to backsliders, and it isn't really honest to say God only punishes believers with temporal punishments...how much fear SHOULD one have since all temporal things of life OVERLAP into the eternal? Seeing in life, seeing spiritually. Hearing in life, hearing spiritually. Joy in life, JOY indescribable. Breathing in life, the RUACH breathing in you. The first death from life, the spiritual death. You may be usually right here but a Holy Spirit led person doesn't make absolute codes of conduct. Sometimes a real fear is needed and exhortation to BE this is needed.

Consider again I believe Ananias and Sapphira were baptized in Spirit. And their end to me is not known for sure but OMINOUS.

What context are you saying this? I have no idea.

Too late. This sermon is about 12 years too late, sir. You DO like to speak of passe things right? Oh I get it. You are saying I must be bogus since I married bogus. Hear me advise you or anyone to marry a Buddhist, sir? I am not running for office sir.
Denigrating the candidate don't work here. And maybe your propensity to do so speaks of your own self, sir.

Professional musician, yeah? Problem for you is only in the orchestra you gonna get paid. But this number seven has nothing to do with nothing unless you want to just 'em...ramble on. Hey, do you write songs too? This could be your autobiographical one: Ramblin' man.

Ramble on my brother...

Ramble on...

Ramble as I ramble since we ramble on...

We love to ramble...ramblin' on...

Makes us happy, under this ole sun...

Ramble on my brother...

Ramble on...

I LOVE to ramble...

Ramblin' on...

I WILL keep ramblin'

Under this ole sun...

Waitaminute. If I am Baptized in Spirit, you can't say this. Not under item (4) sir. And it is against the rules too. This is the hypocrisy of AofG. They shuffle back and forth between done and did salvation, and hell and fire possible for the baptized.

nothead,

1. Why are so angry about everything? There are people who have gifts of the Spirit and don't have the gifts of the Spirit and they are not always sweet people.
There is no shuffling back and forth unless you believe you have to rededicate your life every week. Hell and fire possible for the baptized only as in your vernacular of no way to lose your salvation is Unconditional Eternal Security of the believer which is not scriptural.

2. I am a songwriter and have many songs recorded and I remember the song Ramblin Man but that was a secular song. Because of health issues I had to get off the road so I don't make a living just from music even though I still get royalties from songs and I do some weddings and reunion concerts and things pertaining to church etc.
I did and do music for the Lord and because I love music and it is who I am not because I am trying to be a millionaire.

3. I didn't accuse you of being bogus and didn't say you married bogus. I said she was probably a wonderful lady especially to put up with your attitude if it is the same as you exude here.
I didn't advise you about marrying a buddhist for that is in the past. I did tell you what the bible says about being unequally yoked and that you should pray for her. If a person is unequally yoked as a believer and doesn't pray for the other spouse to be saved then they are not doing the Shema and you claim that you do the Shema.

4. This is not a personal vendetta from me, it is just the plain truth of the bible and I understand it may sting because the word is sharper than a two-edged sword dividing asunder the word of truth. You are still to love your wife but are you going to stir up fear and preach hell fire and brimstone to get into her heaven? God doesn't want to stir her up in fear to come to him. He'd rather use her husband through prayer and example and allow God to touch her.

5. This is why I say that you don't pay attention to what the context of the scriptures say and or what I have said in context either and probably because you don't want to or don't really care at all. I almost feel like Peter when he told Simon that he perceived that he was in the gall of bitterness and in the bond of iniquity. Please know I am not talking about your marriage to a buddhist. Only you and God can answer that and you have to humble yourself and allow God to help you with whatever issue you may have. A true believer that believes in submitting to the Shema would humble himself before God and would not show obstinate attitude. If you feel like you are right about what you are saying you should show a little more humility.

6. You keep misunderstanding things I say and you deduce improperly and you don't seem to really care about sincere and honest debate and rebuttal and you appear to wear your heart on your sleeve so all I can do is pray for you because you are not trying to be fair and your perception is not upholding the true picture of the Shema because humility doesn't seem to be in your vocabulary. Jerry Kelso

Upvote 0

nothead

Oct 15, 2013
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
nothead,

1. Why are so angry about everything? There are people who have gifts of the Spirit and don't have the gifts of the Spirit and they are not always sweet people.
There is no shuffling back and forth unless you believe you have to rededicate your life every week. Hell and fire possible for the baptized only as in your vernacular of no way to lose your salvation is Unconditional Eternal Security of the believer which is not scriptural.

2. I am a songwriter and have many songs recorded and I remember the song Ramblin Man but that was a secular song. Because of health issues I had to get off the road so I don't make a living just from music even though I still get royalties from songs and I do some weddings and reunion concerts and things pertaining to church etc.
I did and do music for the Lord and because I love music and it is who I am not because I am trying to be a millionaire.

3. I didn't accuse you of being bogus and didn't say you married bogus. I said she was probably a wonderful lady especially to put up with your attitude if it is the same as you exude here.
I didn't advise you about marrying a buddhist for that is in the past. I did tell you what the bible says about being unequally yoked and that you should pray for her. If a person is unequally yoked as a believer and doesn't pray for the other spouse to be saved then they are not doing the Shema and you claim that you do the Shema.

4. This is not a personal vendetta from me, it is just the plain truth of the bible and I understand it may sting because the word is sharper than a two-edged sword dividing asunder the word of truth. You are still to love your wife but are you going to stir up fear and preach hell fire and brimstone to get into her heaven? God doesn't want to stir her up in fear to come to him. He'd rather use her husband through prayer and example and allow God to touch her.

5. This is why I say that you don't pay attention to what the context of the scriptures say and or what I have said in context either and probably because you don't want to or don't really care at all. I almost feel like Peter when he told Simon that he perceived that he was in the gall of bitterness and in the bond of iniquity. Please know I am not talking about your marriage to a buddhist. Only you and God can answer that and you have to humble yourself and allow God to help you with whatever issue you may have. A true believer that believes in submitting to the Shema would humble himself before God and would not show obstinate attitude. If you feel like you are right about what you are saying you should show a little more humility.

6. You keep misunderstanding things I say and you deduce improperly and you don't seem to really care about sincere and honest debate and rebuttal and you appear to wear your heart on your sleeve so all I can do is pray for you because you are not trying to be fair and your perception is not upholding the true picture of the Shema because humility doesn't seem to be in your vocabulary. Jerry Kelso

What is the TRUE PICTURE of Shema sir?

Otherwise,

Ramblin' man, he does do ramble.

As he caaan, that long lonely rambin' road he rambles...

Ramblin' ooon, he do like to ramble

On and ooon, he is the Ramblin' Man born to ramble.

OTAYdotay, let's sing it AGAIN everyone!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have learned long ago not to expect many of those here where all of us 'talking heads' abound. But I do appreciate your observation. And, admittedly so, it is difficult to not form a 'spiritual maturity' opinion of someone based upon how little it takes to 'set them off'. And when you see it over and over, I think I'd probably do best, to just steer clear.

FYI, as accused, I don't 'know Hebrew'....probably like almost everyone else here, but I do have a library and if you are interested in the 500 page book from which I've drawn my understanding of the 'names of God' and the Shema view I presently hold, you may PM me. Personally speaking though, it's probably more than you'd want to read. ;) But, since his post really never refuted what I did post, I was almost tempted to rebut his rant. But 'a man convinced 'against his will' is always of the same opinion still'....so I personally see no use attempting dialogue with him any more.

Upvote 0

nothead

Oct 15, 2013
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have learned long ago not to expect many of those here where all of us 'talking heads' abound. But I do appreciate your observation. And, admittedly so, it is difficult to not form a 'spiritual maturity' opinion of someone based upon how little it takes to 'set them off'. And when you see it over and over, I think I'd probably do best, to just steer clear.

FYI, as accused, I don't 'know Hebrew'....probably like almost everyone else here, but I do have a library and if you are interested in the 500 page book from which I've drawn my understanding of the 'names of God' and the Shema view I presently hold, you may PM me. Personally speaking though, it's probably more than you'd want to read. ;) But, since his post really never refuted what I did post, I was almost tempted to rebut his rant. But 'a man convinced 'against his will' is always of the same opinion still'....so I personally see no use attempting dialogue with him any more.

Section A — Summary of Biblical Usage

• "Elohim" is found 2602 times in the Hebrew Bible (Tanakh, Old Testament). (It is not used in the Greek New Testament.)

• The word is used for: the true God, false gods, supernatural spirits (angels), and human leaders (kings, judges, the messiah).

• The "–im" ending denotes a plural masculine noun. Most of the time, however, when the noun is used for the true God it has singular masculine verbs. This is contrary to rules of Hebrew grammar.

• When used of the true God, "Elohim" denotes what is called by linguists a plural of majesty, honor, or fullness. That is, he is GOD in the fullest sense of the word. He is "GOD of gods" or literally, "ELOHIM of elohim" (Deut 10:17; Ps 136:2).

• In the Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible (the Septuagint), where elohim refers to the true God, the singular theos is used.

Genesis 1:1 Hebrew — "In the beginning, Elohim created the heavens and the earth."
    Genesis 1:1 Greek — "In the beginning, Theos made the heavens and the earth.

• The New Testament (which is in the same Koiné Greek as the Septuagint) does not have different words for or spellings of "God." That is, no singular or plural forms of theos. When the NT quotes passages from the Hebrew Bible or the Greek Septuagint that contain the word "God," it always has the singular noun.
Pattern 1 — The Only or True Elohim
Biblical usage suggests that Elohim reflects a "plural of honor" or "plural of fulness." The plural ending gives greater honor to God. It's like capitalizing the word, instead of printing "god." Or it's analogous to printing GOD orGOD, though Hebrew has no capital and small letters.

The Hebrews believed theirs was the only deity who embodied all definitions of the title God, Deity, Supreme Power. So they amplified the noun. Elohim doesn't mean "Gods" but something like "the Greatest God of all."

http://www.hebrew-streams.org/works/hebrew/context-elohim.html

Present you own scholars on your own SHEMA VIEW, sir. I will take you down with plain common sense first, and DEFINITIVE scholarship second.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What is the TRUE PICTURE of Shema sir?

Otherwise,

Ramblin' man, he does do ramble.

As he caaan, that long lonely rambin' road he rambles...

Ramblin' ooon, he do like to ramble

On and ooon, he is the Ramblin' Man born to ramble.

OTAYdotay, let's sing it AGAIN everyone!

nothead,

According to your repetitiveness I would say you have indicted yourself, O Ramblin' man, he does do ramble and with a signature name of nothead it makes perfect sense of why you are unified in yourself as a Rambler with nothing that makes sense in your posts.
Your gamblin' on your ramblin' and losin' and abusing the right to post a positive post of anything and that is why Ramblin' Man is the only song that you O nothead can sing. I still love you in the Lord and forgive you. Good day Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

nothead

Oct 15, 2013
✟16,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
nothead,

According to your repetitiveness I would say you have indicted yourself, O Ramblin' man, he does do ramble and with a signature name of nothead it makes perfect sense of why you are unified in yourself as a Rambler with nothing that makes sense in your posts.
Your gamblin' on your ramblin' and losin' and abusing the right to post a positive post of anything and that is why Ramblin' Man is the only song that you O nothead can sing. I still love you in the Lord and forgive you. Good day Jerry kelso
I sang it for you since YOU the Ramblin' Man. But instead of REPENTING of the HEEPY plethora of misdirections USUALLY instigated by MAUWI WOWEE, you turned it back on me, sir.

Stop RAMBLIN and I will stop that REPETITIVE song just for you sir. Even IF I might win a GRAMMY for mine own special variant.

And don't THEENK I didn't notice you IGNORED the only content of my last post I consider IMPORTANT sir. YOU have a definitive view on SHEMA, sir?
Spout it, or forever hold your peace, peace brotha.

Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
nothead - a while ago, I clicked on your name, and then poised my cursor over the "ignore" button. Then that little voice I have learned to pay attention to told me not to do it. I am going to be patient with you. After all, as a good Universalist, my faith is that we have each other for ever, or at least for ages of the ages...

Upvote 0