lagos
✟9,027.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ever since I heard about the unforgivable sin I've been troubled with thoughts of blasphemy. I'm so scared this has lasted for quite a long time now. I used to cry and pray but nothing. I've asked God to kill me because I don't know how I'd survive without him, and he said in the scripture he would never forgive, that's very scary. Because of this, i've become depressed. Ive reached out to 3 girls in church and told them about it, they said I haven't yet commited the sin but these thoughts are still there. Ive tried not to pay attention to it infact, i cant pray anymore, can't even go to church anymore becos of it. In the scripture somewhere it says no matter how righteous a person is God would never forgive if they've blasphemed against the HS nor prayers (I've seen it in the bible but not sure of the exact passage). Sometimes, I have hope like hey I'm still alive other times, I want to just end it all. I've also thought about committing suicide instead of living a life filled with sorrows and no hope. Someone pls help in anyway u can. I know I'm not holy nor righteous and I sin every time but I'm just so scared. Is there someone who could talk to God on my behalf I would like some assurance pls. Thanks.

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The unforgivable sin is blasphemy in the manner to say that God is not real , or the Holy Spirit is not real , or that Jesus is not of God , Denying Jesus can forgive sins and things of that nature

If you have repented and asked Jesus to forgive you and accepted he died and rose from the grave so that you may have eternal life and you have accepted Jesus gift of salvation and confessed out loud with your mouth/voice that Jesus has risen from from grave and IS God - the Great I AM you are saved , now all you have to do is convince yourself , if needed say it out loud all day everyday until you have accepted it - you are experiencing the enemy attack on you to convince you that you cannot be forgiven - say out loud for the devil to flee in Jesus Mighty Name , Believe in your heart mind and soul , God has given you the power to overcome - proclaim it In Jesus Holy Name

Upvote 0

Athanasius377

Out of the deep I called unto thee O Lord
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2017
Cincinnati
✟707,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The fact that you are concerned about committing blasphemy against God the Holy Spirit is evidence that you have not done such a thing. To put it another way have you deliberately, persistently, and maliciously, in the presence of proper evidence, attributed the works of Christ (whether of physical healing or spiritual deliverance) to diabolical agency, instead of acknowledging the Holy Spirit as the Agent? The Pharisees in Mathew 12:32 may have committed such a sin. It is very different from ordinary and usual opposition to God and Christ, and also from ‘grieving’ or ‘resisting the Holy Spirit.’ It cannot be a mere denial of the Divinity of Christ. Those who fear that they have committed the unpardonable sin, give good evidence that they have not done so just as you have done in your post.

I hope this helps

Upvote 0

Doug Melven

Nov 2, 2017
Wyoming
✟83,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God has promised, if you are His child, that He will never leave you or forsake you. Hebrews 13:5
There is nothing that can separate you from the love of God. Romans 8:38-39
You may feel like you have been separated. When Jesus was on the cross, bearing all our sin, He felt separated so He cried out to God, "MY God, My God why have you forsaken Me". So Jesus really did feel separated, but He wasn't because Psalms 22:24 says God saw Him when He cried out.
And if God didn't forsake Jesus with all of that sin piled on Him, God won't forsake you either.
Don't give into these fears, know that Jesus Christ loves you more than even His own life, for He died for you. Romans 5:6-9, Ephesians 3:19

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Ever since I heard about the unforgivable sin I've been troubled with thoughts of blasphemy. I'm so scared this has lasted for quite a long time now. I used to cry and pray but nothing. I've asked God to kill me because I don't know how I'd survive without him, and he said in the scripture he would never forgive, that's very scary. Because of this, i've become depressed. Ive reached out to 3 girls in church and told them about it, they said I haven't yet commited the sin but these thoughts are still there. Ive tried not to pay attention to it infact, i cant pray anymore, can't even go to church anymore becos of it. In the scripture somewhere it says no matter how righteous a person is God would never forgive if they've blasphemed against the HS nor prayers (I've seen it in the bible but not sure of the exact passage). Sometimes, I have hope like hey I'm still alive other times, I want to just end it all. I've also thought about committing suicide instead of living a life filled with sorrows and no hope. Someone pls help in anyway u can. I know I'm not holy nor righteous and I sin every time but I'm just so scared. Is there someone who could talk to God on my behalf I would like some assurance pls. Thanks.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
  • If you are worried that you might have committed the unforgivable sin, it is surely impossible for you to have done so. Just two features of the Pharisees accusing Jesus of being possessed were the ultimate blasphemy, i.e. calling God, himself, the source of all goodness, 'possessed' ; and an absolute obduracy in their heedlessness of the good actions and miracles Jesus was performing for the many afflicted people who came to him for healing.

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Let me explain something to you. Yahshua also said that a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand. Now God's kingdom cannot be divided against itself. It is in unity and harmony through his Spirit. This is why scripture cannot be broken because even though many men wrote the scriptures, there was one God through whom it came.

This is why the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not forgiven. It is because the person who commits it makes themselves an enemy to the very element which unites us. So understand that there are blasphemies against God that all can be forgiven and the thoughts of your mind do not constitute enough to make for the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. If you believe that God is true then you have not possibly committed the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. For it says this:

Whoever receives his testimony sets his seal to this, that God is true. ~John 3:33

Therefore, if you believe that God is true then his seal is upon you and it cannot be broken. For so Christ spoke in this way:

I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. ~John 10:28

Now I want you to know something about me. I have struggled with blasphemous thoughts for more than a year now and I was attacked by the enemy so severely that I thought I had received a death sentence. Indeed, I made an attempt on my life multiple times and was brought to a psychiatric ward to receive help. God revealed to me that he was going to restore me and still I pray for that restoration but it takes time. Day by day I am growing stronger and the attack of the enemy has stopped measure by measure. You must rely on God and read his word both day and night as it says here:

This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. ~Joshua 1:8

If God tells me that he will restore me then I know for certain that he will restore you. Do not be afraid but throw yourself to the Lord and he is able to rescue you. This is a spiritual battle therefore arm yourself in the right way of thinking.

All the words of my mouth are righteous; there is nothing twisted or crooked in them. ~Proverbs 8:8

This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. ~1 John 1:5

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nao89

Jun 17, 2018
lagos
✟9,027.00
Country
Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let me explain something to you. Yahshua also said that a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand. Now God's kingdom cannot be divided against itself. It is in unity and harmony through his Spirit. This is why scripture cannot be broken because even though many men wrote the scriptures, there was one God through whom it came.

This is why the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not forgiven. It is because the person who commits it makes themselves an enemy to the very element which unites us. So understand that there are blasphemies against God that all can be forgiven and the thoughts of your mind do not constitute enough to make for the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. If you believe that God is true then you have not possibly committed the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. For it says this:

Whoever receives his testimony sets his seal to this, that God is true. ~John 3:33

Therefore, if you believe that God is true then his seal is upon you and it cannot be broken. For so Christ spoke in this way:

I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. ~John 10:28

Now I want you to know something about me. I have struggled with blasphemous thoughts for more than a year now and I was attacked by the enemy so severely that I thought I had received a death sentence. Indeed, I made an attempt on my life multiple times and was brought to a psychiatric ward to receive help. God revealed to me that he was going to restore me and still I pray for that restoration but it takes time. Day by day I am growing stronger and the attack of the enemy has stopped measure by measure. You must rely on God and read his word both day and night as it says here:

This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. ~Joshua 1:8

If God tells me that he will restore me then I know for certain that he will restore you. Do not be afraid but throw yourself to the Lord and he is able to rescue you. This is a spiritual battle therefore arm yourself in the right way of thinking.

All the words of my mouth are righteous; there is nothing twisted or crooked in them. ~Proverbs 8:8

This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. ~1 John 1:5

is there a way we can talk? I would like to talk with you since you're relatable.

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ever since I heard about the unforgivable sin I've been troubled with thoughts of blasphemy.
MARK.3: = The Unpardonable Sin
28 “Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; 29 but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”— 30 because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.”
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Did you personally say to Jesus Christ that He has an unclean spirit.? If no, then you did not commit the unforgivable sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BrotherDave

Sep 11, 2005
Bay Area, California
✟16,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only unforgivable sin was committed by the scribes of Jesse’s day. They were convinced Christ was under the power of Satan (…He hath an unclean spirit, Mark 3:29-30) and as such they would never ever want Him to be their savior. In fact, they actually wanted him killed.

Anyone who worries about this understands that Christ has to provide forgiveness of sin. Certainly anyone that calls out to Him for help believes He has Godly Power. Keep praying and reading the Bible.
This is the environment in which God works (Eph: 1:13, Eph 3:4, Romans 10:17,1 Cr 4:15) but according to His schedule. Don't be anxious, trust in the Lord.

Every human is plagued by sin (Psalm 14:3, 58:3. Eccl 7:20). Christ came for sinners (1 Tim 1:15), we all have hope in Jesus as long as we are alive.

Reactions: Doug Melven
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are several 100% wrong man made views on what blasphemy of the Holy spirit is. Seriously there are people that blatantly maker up their own version of it, but I won't get into all that and what may be their reason for doing so. There is one instance in the bible where it is mentioned, and only one. I would suggest you take a look at the scripture yourself if you aren't certain or you question what you have heard, and if you need help with it let us know.

The nitty gritty is it's speaking against the Holy spirit, and I would guess someone would have to hear you. The warning is here:

Matthew 12:31-32 King James Version (KJV)

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

The full explanation starts back a bit further, or Mathew 12:22-32 covers it all.

I understand you may be fully aware of what it is, but that's just in case you aren't...many are not and come here with the same concern when they haven't even broke the rule. And that's understandable, it's a biggie. :)

Only if you like, but if you could tell us exactly what you said or did to make yourself feel you have committed the sin, it could be very helpful.

Also, though we have some reason to believe committing this sin keeps us out of heaven, or at least that's popular belief, I'm not 100% convinced it will.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We have the father the son and the holy spirit. The scripture on this subject makes it very clear, blasphemy against the son of man, or Jesus, will be forgiven, and since it only says blasphemy against the Holy Spirit won't be forgiven, we have to think it is just that and not blasphemy against God that is the problem as some are saying.

The specific sin here was saying the works of the holy spirit are of Satan (casting out demons in this case) but then it goes further to say, speaking against the holy spirit in any way, so in the end, It's nothing more than speaking against the holy spirit, or "Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" period.

If it could not happen today or beyond that incident, we would not have been warned about it, so there is no reason to believe it cannot.

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
How does a child of God sin unforgivably? They can't.

I didn't read the rest of the posts in this thread but 1 John 3:9 says, "No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God."

Jesus said forgive them for they know not what they do.

I can only see a person sinning this unforgivable sin because they hate God and love evil.

Upvote 0