Undiagnosed Pneumonia" Hits China: Here we go again?

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,208,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟869,985.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
None, and never will. There's no reason to.

If though you are actually asking why first world
laws are not imposed throughout the world, ask yourself.

" league of their own" in your mind, only.

As for your sick cow/ poop scenario,
that's your sickness
I think that other guy was right. You do seem a bit hostile. Chill out, we're all friends here. Plus one of my favorite first world rock stars Ozzy Osbourne eats bat. I even had a President who eats Indonesian dog. Dogs, bats, cows, no worries, it's all good.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think that other guy was right. You do seem a bit hostile. Chill out, we're all friends here. Plus one of my favorite first world rock stars Ozzy Osbourne eats bat. I even had a President who eats Indonesian dog. Dogs, bats, cows, no worries, it's all good.
Nope not hostile. Rong word . :D
It's just me. And how i talk*
Care to address the substance of what i said?
China is not remotely in a league of its own
in the way that you said.
Nor is your poop on cutting board based on
anything but imagination.

* "presensitized" might be closer.

Unfair and / or bigoted claims against China
and Chinese have been a thing in the USA ever
since like forever and have been increasing lately.

Which is the sort of thung that does you know
presensitize someone.

All being said, I do appreciate the " all friends" statement.
And now you know of something that can strain it.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟869,985.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Nope not hostile. Rong word . :D
It's just me. And how i talk*
Care to address the substance of what i said?
China is not remotely in a league of its own
in the way that you said.
Nor is your poop on cutting board based on
anything but imagination.
I didn't say any of that. You're talking about a different poster.
Unfair and / or bigoted claims against China
and Chinese have been a thing in the USA ever
since like forever and have been increasing lately.
That's not true. We were even allies once against a common brutal enemy. But some of us do have a problem with communist totalitarianism, as the Hong Kong protesters of a few years ago did.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

NY Post: Mysterious child pneumonia cases spike in parts of Europe as surge continues in China

Neither NIVEL nor the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment in the Netherlands could offer an explanation for the sudden uptick in pneumonia cases among children.

It is unknown whether the worrying health trend seen in Europe is connected to the disturbing rise in mystery respiratory illnesses that were sweeping across parts of China.

The World Health Organization (WHO) and Chinese health officials argued that no new or unusual pathogens had been found in the pneumonia cases.

The surge in illnesses has been blamed on children contracting known viruses like the flu, rhinoviruses, the respiratory syncytial virus, and the adenovirus, which they had avoided during the two years of COVID restrictions.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟152,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

NY Post: Mysterious child pneumonia cases spike in parts of Europe as surge continues in China

Neither NIVEL nor the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment in the Netherlands could offer an explanation for the sudden uptick in pneumonia cases among children.

It is unknown whether the worrying health trend seen in Europe is connected to the disturbing rise in mystery respiratory illnesses that were sweeping across parts of China.

The World Health Organization (WHO) and Chinese health officials argued that no new or unusual pathogens had been found in the pneumonia cases.

The surge in illnesses has been blamed on children contracting known viruses like the flu, rhinoviruses, the respiratory syncytial virus, and the adenovirus, which they had avoided during the two years of COVID restrictions.

I just heard an infectious disease doctor explain this theory on TV today. They believe everyone's immunity levels are decreased as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. It makes sense, especially since doctors have yet to detect any new pathogens among the ill.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Ohio faces unprecedented child pneumonia outbreak

In a concerning development, Warren County, Ohio, is grappling with an unexpected and significant outbreak of pneumonia in children, an event that has not only stirred local concern but also drawn parallels with similar health crises in China and Europe. This situation, colloquially termed “white lung syndrome,” involves 142 pediatric cases reported since August and has been officially recognized as an outbreak by the Ohio Department of Health.

While the Ohio Department of Health has acknowledged the situation as an outbreak, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) maintains that nationwide levels are not unusual. Investigations in Ohio suggest that this is not a new respiratory disease but a confluence of several common infections, including mycoplasma pneumoniae, strep, and adenovirus.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,208,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Ohio faces unprecedented child pneumonia outbreak

In a concerning development, Warren County, Ohio, is grappling with an unexpected and significant outbreak of pneumonia in children, an event that has not only stirred local concern but also drawn parallels with similar health crises in China and Europe. This situation, colloquially termed “white lung syndrome,” involves 142 pediatric cases reported since August and has been officially recognized as an outbreak by the Ohio Department of Health.

While the Ohio Department of Health has acknowledged the situation as an outbreak, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) maintains that nationwide levels are not unusual. Investigations in Ohio suggest that this is not a new respiratory disease but a confluence of several common infections, including mycoplasma pneumoniae, strep, and adenovirus.
Makes sense...I don't have any kids, but I feel like I've heard half of my coworkers have mentioned their kids getting strep over the past month.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟101,040.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single

“Undiagnosed Pneumonia" Hits China, WHO Orders Report in 24 Hours Amid Echoes Of Covid-19​

Just a few short years ago we (the world) trusted China to do the right thing at the start of their undiagnosed respiratory illness. Look at what we got. Is the world so stupid that they/we have not learned from that? China is unlikely to lock itself down; maybe the world should do that for them?

My government is moronic. All to curry favor with the investments that "will" come in. Kinda regretting voting them into power.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟101,040.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Sounds smart and progressive to me.
Sounds can be deceiving. Our first reported case of COVID came to us via Chinese tourist after the world has been warned about a potential pandemic. Yet we chose to not do a thing until it spread nation wide. It caused us 37K in deaths and my one of such death was my neighbor's father. I myself suffered intense pain for 2 weeks due to COVID and infected my mom. By the grace of God no permanent and lingering effects after recovery.

I had hoped that the new government would wise up. But looks like diplomacy trumps our safety. We could have delayed the visa free travel for a few months to observe the situation but no.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,566.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sounds can be deceiving. Our first reported case of COVID came to us via Chinese tourist after the world has been warned about a potential pandemic. Yet we chose to not do a thing until it spread nation wide. It caused us 37K in deaths and my one of such death was my neighbor's father. I myself suffered intense pain for 2 weeks due to COVID and infected my mom. By the grace of God no permanent and lingering effects after recovery.

I had hoped that the new government would wise up. But looks like diplomacy trumps our safety. We could have delayed the visa free travel for a few months to observe the situation but no.
You think visa regs would be an effective barrier
to virus?

And that Malaysian visa policy is somehow
dumb because virus?

Malaysia gets ery very few drug deaths.
Most of them are smugglers who get executed.

Sensible policy.

USA requires visas. Millions come in without visa.
Visa holders never leave.

Now me, I did everything correctly, by the book.
Mid semester at NYU, ICE notifies me i've two weeks
to go back to HK. (Or be arrested and deported)

I had enoughnto do without that! I won, but honestly.
Fat a.. swivel chair bureaucrats looking at computer
screen for an easy victim to fill their quota.

Very small example but USA immigration is insane.
As a poet put it, "...blank and pitiless as the sun".

HK requires no visa of Americans btw.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I’m appalled. To think I ‘liked’ some of your posts.

Hey, hey...hey. Let's not go there. I may be only half the alien lesbian atheist that our friend Estrid is, but we southpaws know when we're being mistreated, and we'll come at you with all the fury that our backwards scissors and ledgers will allow us to have. They don't call us sinister for nothing.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Health authorities are monitoring an outbreak of pneumonia in children in an Ohio county, stressing it appears driven by familiar pathogens with no connection(*) to pneumonia clusters in China and parts of Europe.

The outbreak in Warren County attracted outsize attention that erroneously linked it to clusters of childhood pneumonia in northern China. The CDC and independent public health experts who monitor China say the cases appear driven by the usual mix of respiratory viruses including influenza, coronavirus and RSV, as well as Mycoplasma pneumoniae, a type of bacteria that can infect the lungs. All of these pathogens circulate in the United States.

(*) What I gather from this is that they don't think it was transmitted from China or Europe to Ohio. But, these incidents do seem to be related in that the same thing is happening with 'standard' bugs, presumably for similar reasons.

Upvote 0