Undiagnosed Pneumonia" Hits China: Here we go again?

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

“Undiagnosed Pneumonia" Hits China, WHO Orders Report in 24 Hours Amid Echoes Of Covid-19​

Just a few short years ago we (the world) trusted China to do the right thing at the start of their undiagnosed respiratory illness. Look at what we got. Is the world so stupid that they/we have not learned from that? China is unlikely to lock itself down; maybe the world should do that for them?

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What is the agenda behind
demonizing China?
The government of China would have told us already if there was any problem.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
China probably lost 2.5 million to Covid and more likely 5-10 times that. Their economy is still in the dumpster. If anyone is suggesting they "inflicted" Covid on the world on purpose, I have a hard time taking them seriously.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,455.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
China probably lost 2.5 million to Covid and more likely 5-10 times that. Their economy is still in the dumpster. If anyone is suggesting they "inflicted" Covid on the world on purpose, I have a hard time taking them seriously..
like how i take gratuitous trashing of china,
and the facts not in evidence used.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

“Undiagnosed Pneumonia" Hits China, WHO Orders Report in 24 Hours Amid Echoes Of Covid-19​

Just a few short years ago we (the world) trusted China to do the right thing at the start of their undiagnosed respiratory illness. Look at what we got. Is the world so stupid that they/we have not learned from that? China is unlikely to lock itself down; maybe the world should do that for them?
I prefer my “news” without the dramatic musical interludes.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The BBC put together a timeline of Covid. Some similarities exist between what China did then and currently.

• Informative
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I prefer my “news” without the dramatic musical interludes.
They use music in most of their videos since they don't usually use narrators. Guess they figure that's better than complete silence. You can always mute the music/voiceover you know; there is actually a button for that.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
They use music in most of their videos since they don't usually use narrators. Guess they figure that's better than complete silence. You can always mute the music/voiceover you know; there is actually a button for that.
Or he could stick to sources that don't add dramatic music period and just present the facts.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
like how i take gratuitous trashing of china,
and the facts not in evidence used.
Criticizing aspects of China isn't "gratuitous trashing of them"...no more than criticizing aspects of Russia is "gratuitous Russia trashing".

Certain regimes and cultures have distinct problems that are somewhat unique to them, or more prevalent in them. This stance of "let's all just pretend that every culture has their problems, and no one is worse than the other" isn't accurate or helpful.

With certain customs and practices, certain cultures are better than others based on tangible metrics...plain and simple, and it's not wrong to say it, and it doesn't make one a bigot to acknowledge it.

With regards to viruses in particular, China has a problem due to their lab standards on one front, and their wet market food culture on another front. People in China and other parts of the world have been sounding the alarm on that since 2003 after numerous regional viral outbreaks sources to wet markets, and half dozen "lab escapes" (a few of which involved MERS/SARS outbreaks)

I understand that people citing right-wing conspiracy'ish sounding tropes about "agendas" and "the globalists" can give one a visceral reaction to defend whoever the other side is. I get it... when I have to get together with "that side" of the family, and they start trotting out things (that are about 2% fact; 98% hyperbole, exaggeration, and lies) they clearly read on a conspiracy website, I have an inclination to take the contrarian position just to oppose them.

But it's important not to dismiss the aspects that fall into the 2% fact bucket just because it often comes bundled with a bunch of other nonsense.

In this case, the fact is, China has a uniquely bad track record when it comes to wet market outbreaks and lab escapes that should have us all concerned.

Last edited:
Reactions: Merrill
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The government of China would have told us already if there was any problem.
China made it very clear, that people were dying of COVID-19. The United States were very warned. If I could see a big problem on the news, then the president should have been more prepared, then I was.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That is a statement but it's not responsive to
my question. So why did you say it?
Because I don’t know anything about an agenda to demonize China.

Do you agree that as soon as the government in China knows there is a problem they will tell us?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Or he could stick to sources that don't add dramatic music period and just present the facts.
They did present the facts; if music bothers a person they can turn it off. It ain't rocket science.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,455.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Criticizing aspects of China isn't "gratuitous trashing of them"...no more than criticizing aspects of Russia is "gratuitous Russia trashing".

Certain regimes and cultures have distinct problems that are somewhat unique to them, or more prevalent in them. This stance of "let's all just pretend that every culture has their problems, and no one is worse than the other" isn't accurate or helpful.

With certain customs and practices, certain cultures are better than others based on tangible metrics...plain and simple, and it's not wrong to say it, and it doesn't make one a bigot to acknowledge it.

With regards to viruses in particular, China has a problem due to their lab standards on one front, and their wet market food culture on another front. People in China and other parts of the world have been sounding the alarm on that since 2003 after numerous regional viral outbreaks sources to wet markets, and half dozen "lab escapes" (a few of which involved MERS/SARS outbreaks)

I understand that people citing right-wing conspiracy'ish sounding tropes about "agendas" and "the globalists" can give one a visceral reaction to defend whoever the other side is. I get it... when I have to get together with "that side" of the family, and they start trotting out things (that are about 2% fact; 98% hyperbole, exaggeration, and lies) they clearly read on a conspiracy website, I have an inclination to take the contrarian position just to oppose them.

But it's important not to dismiss the aspects that fall into the 2% fact bucket just because it often comes bundled with a bunch of other nonsense.

In this case, the fact is, China has a uniquely bad track record when it comes to wet market outbreaks and lab escapes that should have us all concerned.
So if you consider it legit criticism it's not
gratuitous?

I've seen the escalating drum beat of anti
Chinese behaviour in the USA . And
think about the agenda, as per earlier.

And whether you ACTUALLY know anything
about China.
Because I don’t know anything about an agenda to demonize China.

Do you agree that as soon as the government in China knows there is a problem they will tell us?
So tho you didn't know what you're talking about
you said something anyway?

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
gratuitous?

about China.
I'm saying that we can't discount the fact that some of the criticisms may have some nuggets of truth in them.

As far as what I know (based on reputable international health organizations)...

SARS & MERS had 4 separate escapes from Chinese virology labs, and 3 separate wet-market sourced outbreaks (2 that were regionally contained, and the bigger 1 that we all heard about in 2003)

And that's not counting the half dozen flu strains that have either had Chinese lab escapes or were sourced to wet markets in China from 2002-2012.

Before it became "taboo" to talk about it during covid, the NIH and WHO were sounding the alarm pretty regularly between 2012-2016 about some of the concerning practices in both realms.

One doesn't have to be an expert-level scholastic in Chinese culture to know that unhygienically-served exotic animal meat + lax lab practices = "not a good thing" in the grand scheme of things.

Much like I wouldn't need to be a Doctor of Pulmonology to know that if a town had 80% of people that were pack-a-day smokers, that would lead to high lung cancer rates in that town.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
gratuitous?

about China.

So tho you didn't know what you're talking about
you said something anyway?
You ARE hostile.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
They did present the facts; if music bothers a person they can turn it off. It ain't rocket science.
Okay…say there’s music, why did they choose “tension-building” music, instead of soft rock or easy listening?
Am I going to allow my mind to be bent to think how ominous this “news” is…uh oh! Health problems in China again! What are they up to now!?

Pitiful attempt at propaganda.

Last edited:
Upvote 0