• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Understanding Calvinism

Discussion in 'Salvation (Soteriology)' started by Pinkman, Sep 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustAsIam77

JustAsIam77 Veritas Liberabit Vos

+235
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Republican
    Reprobation is the most disturbing part of theology for me personally yet I can't deny scripture proof that God is far above my intellect to do as He will.

2. rturner76

rturner76 Senior Veteran Supporter

+1,491
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Democrat
    For me too. If not for that, I could manage it. I'm a universalist at heart.

Nobody's Fool> I'm not an Arminian, I'm Christian who goes to a Methodist church. And I do apologize. It appeared I was being called a fool. I will do better to show more respect in the future and I edited my post to begin that change in my tone.

3. drstevej

drstevej Light Attracts Bugs Staff Member Chaplain Supporter

+23,695
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    define perfect Lamb of God or restate your question.

4. 2thePoint

2thePoint Looking Up

+71
    Non-Denom
    Married
    What? How much simpler can the question be stated? Scripture defines "perfect Lamb of God". I'm asking you if Jesus has the free will to stop acting as our High Priest. One step at a time to build up to a point.

5. billybtennessee

billybtennessee Newbie

+14
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    The sufficiency of the blood sacrifice Jesus Christ made in propitiation for sin is found in the words, "whole world", 1st John 2:2.

It was interesting that you used "ten", in your 'artifically constructed parable'.

Our Lord Jesus Christ used "ten", in parables, in scripture, too. Matt. 25:1-13, regarding ten virgins. And then, in the parable of the "talents", Matt. 25:14-30. The one given 5 talents, and gaining 5 more, (v.20 and v.28). Wow, the point our Lord gave about using what we are given, is crystal clear.

Anyhow, just found it interesting, regarding the 'ten'.

6. drstevej

+23,695
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    If Scripture defines perfect Lamb of God, surely you can tell me what it means.

He has already determined to be our High Priest, so it isn't up to debate (Will I or wont I).

7. 2thePoint

2thePoint Looking Up

+71
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Do you understand that this is about free will? That's the context and backdrop of the question. I could have picked any aspect of Jesus and it would be the same question: does Jesus have free will, now, in heaven, such as to stop being our High Priest, stop being the sacrificial Lamb of God, etc.? And since he is fully God, does this mean God does not have free will? A simple yes or no will do. You're being evasive.

8. drstevej

+23,695
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Define free will.

9. JustAsIam77

JustAsIam77 Veritas Liberabit Vos

+235
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Republican
    God is the One and Only Sovereign God of creation, the Alpha and Omega of the universe, free will is not in His resume, He commands and it is so.

10. Perhaps Today

Perhaps Today A Light In The Black

+514
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    MOD HAT ON

Update: The thread is being reopened and it has gone through a cleaning. It is possible a further cleaning will take place. If you notice a post of yours missing it was removed in the clean up. Please remember the Board Rules when posting.

Also, according to the list of available Faith Icons on CF Calvinists are considered Christian. Therefore it would be wise to remember this part of the Flame rule when posting:

Documentation of thread clean up is HERE for staff only!

MOD HAT OFF

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.