"Under the cosh"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
You certainly have my prayers dear Paul! Keep us posted as to how you are doing if you are up to it!

Well, Courtney, I felt the benefit of all your prayers quite early, but more recently saw their effectiveness. They are ongoing crosses I believe I will have to carry until God intervenes, as I believe he will in due course.

One of them was a 'gift' from the Black Arts/Dirty Tricks people in our security services: MI5; as well as a psychological one, arguably, at least in part, through their good offices. Still, that's their job. Every country is a psycopath at heart where their supply of raw materials etc, is concerned, so you don't look for heroic virtue among their Dirty Tricks people. But it doesn't help me or mine.

I upset them and the CIA by attacking the demonic, neoliberal, economic policies of the late Milton Friedman (and the politicians who enacted them), which now seems to have brought us to the brink of an economic catastrophe.

After I had a go at Monsanto, I was driving back from the supermarket (Anthea was on holiday in Oz), when I saw in front of me, this open-topped sports car with Virginia number plates, absolutely covered in dust, driven by a thick-set young character, repeatedly flashing his brake-lights on and off, at the entrance to our road - as much as to say, like Dale in King of The Hill, "We know where you live...!" in a ghoulish voice.

My first thoughts were, 'It must be the CIA, but I didn't know they were based in Virginia. I thought their HQ would be in New York or Washington. Virginia's the tobacco State. Still, the number plates could be irrelevant anyway.' Little knowing.

Too many incidents of a wide variety of kinds to gibber on about, some dramatic, some really comical. But I got to like the adrenaline and the attention (though that once caused me a miniheart-attack, though I didn't recognise it as such at the time. My face suddenly broke out into a muck sweat. While I was driving too. Very strange. I'd just been eye-balled again by a menacing character, but it wasn't as if he was in the seat behind me with a gun to my head). It made my life much more interesting, and I knew if they were going to kill me they'd have done it before, as easy as pie.

Even now, every room in the flat is videoed, and there's always someone on whatever stretch of road I'm on. I once tried to go to Mass by a different route, but they were there in a flash, grinning from ear to ear. Oddly enough, though, there are a lot of good types as well as baddies working for them. All quietened down now, though. Apart from this embarrassing and sometimes problematic legacy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
I am not familiar with the term "under the cosh" but I will pray that you will be given wisdom and insight and guidance and freedom from any burden.

Thank you, Lorica Lady. Oddly enough, 'cosh', like 'blackjack' used to be American slang for a 'truncheon' - as customarily used, at least as the films would have it, by the police, to obtain a confession!

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Hi, not sure what "under the cosh" means, but God's knows the need so I'll pray, blessings!

Thank you, ThyLovingkindness. What a beautiful word, that is, 'Blessings', isn't it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.