Under-employment

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Also thanks for all the advice everyone. And yeah that's what I've been hearing this one guy I knew was a janitor and got into a hospital lab. Why I have so much trouble getting into one is beyond me lol. To be fair I have mostly tried with Sonora Quest and they have so many applicants. And yeah I hear east coast is better for that too. I got a sup. to respond to my message so fingers crossed : ).
Things are liking up for you...I'm so happy :)

Reactions: Angeleyes7715
Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I used to work in laboratory automation and most of the scientists that I worked with said the best laboratory jobs are in the northeast. I switched from the lab to the clinical side and everything has worked out great.

Sometimes, you either have to move or refocus.

Godspeed. ;)

By clinical side do you mean you became an RN or PA? I could probably get into PA school (maybe cause my goal is kinda low for that it's a 3.0) but I'd still have to take a GRE and more prereqs still plus I'd be competing with people who have done just as much if not more work than I have and it's more expensive than software engineering/ programming with the same pay.

Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
By clinical side do you mean you became an RN or PA? I could probably get into PA school (maybe cause my goal is kinda low for that it's a 3.0) but I'd still have to take a GRE and more prereqs still plus I'd be competing with people who have done just as much if not more work than I have and it's more expensive than software engineering/ programming with the same pay.
No, I'm still a software engineer but I work with clinic software to automate work-flow. Laboratory automation is more interesting, but the projects don't come along consistently, at least not where I live. Since I didn't want to move to Groton, Connecticut, I decided to switch to clinical automation, which is more widely utilized.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
So she emailed me back and said after reviewing my resume I don't qualify for the position based on my skills.

I don't get it. I really don't. I don't understand why I don't qualify for a lab job when my resume says 3 years of lab experience, publication, bachelor's degree in biochemistry.... The only thing I don't have is a medical tech certification, but seriously the person who wrote the job add didn't say one was necessary. They said they accept science graduates.

Seriously, if a janitor at a hospital got his foot in the door as a lab tech with no science degree why can't I get in with one. I am really fed up.

It's outrageous I'm told I don't qualify for any jobs above high school diploma. Tired of it. When I do get an interview for a job that actually matches my education I don't get it cause too many applicants. Seriously tired of the system.

• Optimistic
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0