Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hello, I just recently joined on here and I wasn't sure where to go. I grew up in a Christian home but did not go to church, when I met my boyfriend he started bringing me to church with him which is Pentecostal. I loved it there for awhile but I've been there for about a year and a half now and I feel as if I'm constantly being judged. I raise my hands I speak in tongues, etc but no matter what I feel like I'm constantly under scrutiny by the leaders. I love Pentecostal trust me I have never felt so alive before, but tonight at church I went to the altar and I felt his presence like never before and some of the leaders made other leaders listen to me as If I fake everything I do and then continued to talk about how some are not right with the Lord. I'm frustrated because I love Jesus but everyone either thinks I'm crazy, I fake it or just plain don't like me. Should I leave my church? I love Pentecostal, I don't fake a thing but it's getting to the point where I'm losing the touch of God because I'm scared to act on the holy spirit because I don't want to be judged anymore. I know the saying goes if you feel judged the need to be at the altar too but the problem is the people I feel are judging me are the ones doing so. I came home from church tonight and cried. I have no idea what to do

• Prayers
Reactions: Seun

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
images

To not post counter to the SOP of this forum
Older Teens Area Statement of Purpose

A general discussion area for ages 15-19 ONLY. All of our teen forums are a place for teens to come and be encouraged, grow stronger in their walk with God, and fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Non-Christians are also welcome and will be asked to respect the Faith and foundational beliefs of Christianity while posting in these forums.

All topics may be discussed except these:
Drug use, gambling, polygamy, sexual activity and orientation, abortion, and theology.
*Sexuality, addiction, and theology can be discussed in Serious Stuff. Please check the forum for specific guidelines.

Submitting a post here means you have first read, understood, and agreed to follow the Christian Forums Rules.
(Chaplains and Staff are the only adults over the age of 19 who are allowed to post in the Teen Area forums when necessary).
-------------------------------------------
Carry on.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Have you thought of going to the church when noone is there? It's just a thought it you feel like it's oppressive there.

Your time there is meant to be positive. If that's not happening n your trying..... For me I couldn't do it. Id rather somewhere else. It sounds like you prolly will stick it out... But if it's getting to a point where your like... Ugh church.... Sigh....... Maybe time to find somewhere else

Upvote 0