Christian Hedonist
Jun 3, 2008
Prince George, BC
✟10,094.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The world in general will hate us. And to an extent, if we follow Christ fully some, if not most, individual unbelievers will hate us.

The message we are supposed to spread involves hard truths that clash directly with what the world teaches. We are to tell people they are guily, and that nothing they can do can save them. They have to trust in Jesus. It is that message, when preached, that gets us hated.

Upvote 0

eeventuality

Jun 11, 2008
Switzerland
✟15,195.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
One of the reasons I quit organized religion. I never was much of a converter when I was part of the Catholic faith, but something I noticed that got me "hated" (though I use that loosely as I was all of 11 when someone told me they hated me for being Catholic) was that I drank alcohol when I was underage. Oy vey. I'm not sure if that'll get most hated, but for some reason, the kid had an issue with Communion.

Anyway, I dead2self offers the best explanation I could think of. As for every non-Christian individually hating Christians...that's highly unlikely. It takes too much effort to hate individuals when you can "hate" a group collectively based on stereotypes and bias.

Upvote 0

jamiel

Living on the Word, divine breath, and star-dust.
Aug 14, 2007
Reigning with Christ.
✟15,522.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
People by nature (because they are sinners) are already enemies of God, whether they realize it or not. Their values (or ways) are not God's ways (Is. 55:9).

By extension then (passively, I'd say; sometimes not) every non-Christian hates every Christian, again whether they realize it or not.

There's a battle going on, but not with flesh and blood (Eph. 6:12).

God Bless. :)

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the bible, it says that the world will hate you if you follow christ. Does this mean that every non-christian hates every christian?

Hi, It is not a literal saying. It's what occurs when say you won't participate in something another will. When they know it may be so because of Christ, there is anger and resentment and feelings of thinking we might think we are better, whch is farthest thing from the truth.

Many many came to Jesus, who were non believerss, who were of the world.

If we are like Christ, we too will show the love of Christ and all he's told us to be about and people will come to Jesus, just as they did when he was here. Of course many didn't as well, but thousands did.

Sometimes, and i've seen this, alone, the Holy Spirit in us, clashes with another person's spirit. I can't explain it but have seen it.

But no, people do not hate us, all people I mean, some do and some don't.

On the contrary, the more we are like Jesus the more will come to Jesus, and the love we show, reaps love often times back, whether we see it or is a seed sown.

But the principles of the world in general are quite in oppositiion to teachings of Jesus.

Jesus says return good for evil. Often world returns evil, wants revenge.

Etc, and many other things.

So, no, it's not that all will hate us, all don't hate us..

I didn't hate Chrisitans when I wasn't a believer, didn't know many, but didn't hate them.

Didn't really have a clue.

It's the principal.

My friend knew I came to Christ, and she absolutely hated it because I would no longer steal with her. So you see, for some, like her, what i used to participate in, I stopped. She didn't hate me, she hated that I wouldnt do as we used to.

Bible also says those who are not against you are for you.

In taking verses from the bible, is important to take in the context of eitehr the whole nt, or sometimes both the nt and ot..

Or things get taken wrong..out of balance sort of thing.

blessings,
tapero

Upvote 0

unkern

National Guard
Jun 19, 2008
Indiana
✟16,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
basically the enemy hates you and uses anything he can against you, that includes making people hate you, The devil perverts that which is good. Saul was overcome with demons and threw a spear at David to try and kill him, but Saul was even one of God's anointed. As long as people are living in sin then you will be hated by them

Upvote 0

sh284

Sep 13, 2007
✟7,875.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
basically the enemy hates you and uses anything he can against you, that includes making people hate you, The devil perverts that which is good. Saul was overcome with demons and threw a spear at David to try and kill him, but Saul was even one of God's anointed. As long as people are living in sin then you will be hated by them

As an unbeliever, I can state that I don't hate all or even most christians that I come in contact with. I really don't have any friends that are, but I don't hate them.

Upvote 0

unkern

National Guard
Jun 19, 2008
Indiana
✟16,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know you might be thinking if you saw a Christian walking down the street your most likely not going to just get all irrate. Im talking about our 2 different ways of living conflict in a very real and sometimes dangerous way. I am going to always love my fellow man, people will hate me for different reasons for instance: I will not accept gay marriage nor will I vote for it, in fact I will vote against it. The same goes for issues like abortion, etc. These are reasons I will be hated, These are also just surface issues that many hear about. If you have not accepted Jesus or God you have not accepted me. With that being said I love you as my brother and I wish that no more suffering would come to you and I know how to make that kind of suffering go away.

Upvote 0

hlaltimus

Nov 4, 2005
Arizona
✟1,553.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the bible, it says that the world will hate you if you follow christ. Does this mean that every non-christian hates every christian?

No, it does't mean that all unbelievers universally will hate you if you truly become a Christian. However, it does mean that any true unbeliever could potentially sink into hating a Christian, and only because he or she was a Christian. The reason though for this negative potential is due to the fact that any man or a woman who has consistently and consentedly rejected God's gospel offer of pardon, justification and indwelling of the Holy Spirit of God through Christ, has by that rejection of reconciliation opened up a wide and tempting door for the Prince of Darkness to work. This doesn't mean that any unbeliever will hate a Christian just as Satan will predictably hate them...It means that they could, were God to allow Satan to capitalize upon them. Only a pardoned, justified, Holy Spirit indwelt and so regenerate believer is really safe from the hate that seems to permeate Satan's lack-luster and evil kingdom.

No man truly owns himself. We, as fallen and susceptible human beings, are very definitely at the bottom of the totem pole in strength and stature with the kingdom of Satan being over us, (power/wise,) and the Kingdom of God standing infinitely above both us and Satan to an incomprehensible advantage on God's part. One of those two superior powers must and will surely dominate the inferior agent, man, and when a man rejects the authority and dominion of God he almost guarantees the dominion of Satan. This is why an unbeliever will retain an awful and negative potential for the evil of sin as long as he or she remains within the captivity of such a hateful and malicous superior. The danger and the potential for evil will always be present with such until that happy change of ownership takes place, and that singular place of change is surely the Cross of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums