Ukrainian President Zelenskyy's heartbreaking, defiant speech to the Russian people

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have to ask why though? Why do you feel the need to support the clear aggressor in this war, an aggressor with no claim to the country or the people and who has made no attempt to even be civil for this war?

I also wonder.
I wonder how anybody on earth can voluntarily support Putin.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I also wonder.
I wonder how anybody on earth can voluntarily support Putin.
It should be noted that this particular user has been shilling for Russia since at least 20142017. Draw your own conclusions there...

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Gold
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You mean the fighting in the Donbas that was started and facilitated by the Russians? That fighting?

It was started when the US instigated a coup in the Ukraine, it blew up in their face when the people of Donbass rose in revolt. Then US tries to pretend that Russia somehow had anything to do with it.

I have to ask why though? Why do you feel the need to support the clear aggressor in this war, an aggressor with no claim to the country or the people and who has made no attempt to even be civil for this war?

Let me repeat: the US instigated a coup in the Ukraine. Everything that has happened since, including this Russian invasion, is fallout from that. So it's not as though the Ukrainians were just minding their own business when Russia suddenly decided to invade. It's still an open question as to whether it is good move on Russia's part - we'll see how it plays out. But at worst, it is an understandable response to a genuine threat.

But for me, the reason why I prefer so see Russia succeed here is because Russia is needed to but a check on Washington's hegemony, which engages in military operations half a world away whenever there are political trends that it has an ideological issue with. Russia, on the other hand, only uses military force in response to direct threats to Russian interests. But go on, tell me more about Russia is "the clear aggressor".

BkTMx-UCQAA6Uk9.jpg

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,718.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
It was started when the US instigated a coup in the Ukraine, it blew up in their face when the people of Donbass rose in revolt. Then US tries to pretend that Russia somehow had anything to do with it.

Let me repeat: the US instigated a coup in the Ukraine. Everything that has happened since, including this Russian invasion, is fallout from that. So it's not as though the Ukrainians were just minding their own business when Russia suddenly decided to invade. It's still an open question as to whether it is good move on Russia's part - we'll see how it plays out. But at worst, it is an understandable response to a genuine threat.

But for me, the reason why I prefer so see Russia succeed here is because Russia is needed to but a check on Washington's hegemony, which engages in military operations half a world away whenever there are political trends that it has an ideological issue with. Russia, on the other hand, only uses military force in response to direct threats to Russian interests. But go on, tell me more about Russia is "the clear aggressor".

BkTMx-UCQAA6Uk9.jpg

There's a term that Soviet Russia used for people like you, and even though there is no Soviet Russia anymore, the term still stands: useful idiot.

If you can't see how Russia unilaterally invading Ukraine, without a declaration of war and without prompting, counts as Russia being the aggressor, then that's fully on you being blind to the truth. Even if the US did help stage a coup (90% positive it did, given the history of US meddling), that does nothing to justify Russia's invasion of Ukraine. In fact, all that sounds like is you using the facts known afterwards to excuse a unilateral act of aggression.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There's a term that Soviet Russia used for people like you, and even though there is no Soviet Russia anymore, the term still stands: useful idiot.

Well said! :oldthumbsup:
I agree one hundred percent! :oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Homeowner

Jan 25, 2022
Oslo
✟23,485.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
It's still an open question as to whether it is good move on Russia's part - we'll see how it plays out. But at worst, it is an understandable response to a genuine threat.

It is a very bad move on Russia's part that everyone realizes by now. It will play out with Russia being weakened politically, militarily and economically.

What was the genuine threat to Russia ? Who was going to attack Russia when it has 7000 nukes ?

I can understand the excuse that it was a perceived threat by paranoid dictator but genuine ? About as genuine as your propaganda map with NATO base in Kazakhstan.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,917.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is a very bad move on Russia's part that everyone realizes by now. It will play out with Russia being weakened politically, militarily and economically.

What was the genuine threat to Russia ? Who was going to attack Russia when it has 7000 nukes ?

I can understand the excuse that it was a perceived threat by paranoid dictator but genuine ? About as genuine as your propaganda map with NATO base in Kazakhstan.

Russia's attack was massively ambitious and was part of a grand plan to reconfigure the world away from America and NATO. China and an expanded Russia were envisaged as the centers of global power as Europe was split from the Americans and Russia reclaimed its superpower historical identity.

BUT...

No one in eastern Europe actually wants Russian hegemony and Ukrainians have made it very clear what they think of the vision. Russia does not have the wherewithal to simply conquer places in the manner of Ivan the Terrible or Stalin.

The biggest surprise here is the disconnect between the religious/historical justification for this war by Putin and the actual realities in the places he planned to absorb. His intelligence services utterly failed to comprehend the passion against a new Russian empire.

His military also appears ill-prepared to deal with the challenges of the new kind of warfare with its highly portal technologies. Tanks are useless against NLaws and drones. Logistics do not work without working trucks, There is no surprise factor when ordinary Ukrainians are sending pictures of every Russian troop deployment and the Americans are watching from space and the numerical advantage of the Russians has been neutralized by an effective Ukrainian army, well-motivated, well-coordinated and well-led.

Upvote 0