Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
uhmmm...two+ hours of Mr Beck and his boards? How about if the OP just shares the highlights and we go from there? :eek:
tulc(is just wondering) :sorry:

Because the story begins in the year 2014 and seeing how it develops and the people involved for many years is interesting.

That's the problem with today's news .... just "highlights" and not all of the reported facts on matters.

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your claim is that he is "left of center" because he says he's left of center, but the articles against him dispute that with evidence, so I was just wondering if you had anything to support your contention.

No, that's actually not true. I googled him because I didn't know who he was and these were some of the things on the first page.

I'm not pretending that RationalWiki is unbiased, but if he were leftist, why would they say he is not (with evidence including a picture).

Well, you would have to actually read the articles, especially the footnotes where they link to his own work. They cite sources, not simply opinion. I don't know that they are correct, but so far, you've done a poor job of disputing them. They give actual evidence; you give "Tim Pool said he was left of center" with zero evidence to support that what he says is to believed. So, on one hand, evidence; on the other, bald assertion - I'll go with the first hand until I have some reason not to.

The article goes on to give many examples and instances. Also, it helps to read the footnotes.

Perhaps later.
You act as if your search to find bad things about Tim Pool should mean anything against what he claims to be. I don't need to read footnotes to his work Daisy, I actually watch his work. If you have evidence that Tim Pool is some "alt right" plant then present it rather than your selected search results. Tim has stated that he is left of center, that is the only fact here. What you bolded on Rationalwiki is NOT sourced, it is an opinion. The first place a non biased person would go to discover what someone is about is the their home or content page, or maybe wikipedia.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟343,194.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Certainly not Beck. Let’s assume Beck is mostly correct. The GOP has made no legitimate move to investigate Biden activities in Ukraine.

Trump asked Ukraine to reopen an investigation as a “favor” in exchange for the release of already approved military aid.

Even if everything about Biden is true, Trump abused the power of the office.

Patently false. That hasn't been proven to be true. And let's not turn this into an anti Trump thread. Let's stay on topic. This thread is about what Beck said about Ukraine. It appears that the DNC is involved in Ukraine and election issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟217,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You act as if your search to find bad things about Tim Pool
I already told you that's untrue. Repeat that a third time and you will be outright lying.

As I said before, I googled him to find out who he is and that is what I found interesting - on the first page. I didn't bother to google Mr. Beck because I'm already somewhat familiar with him.

... should mean anything against what he claims to be.
Nor would it if that were even true. Show something that shows him to be what he claims to be.

I don't need to read footnotes to his work Daisy, I actually watch his work. If you have evidence that Tim Pool is some "alt right" plant then present it rather than your search results.
Oh dear. Who claimed he was an alt-right plant? No, the claim is that he is a poseur.

Tim has stated that he is left of center, that is the only fact here. What you bolded on Rationalwiki is NOT sourced, it is an opinion. The first place a non biased person would go to discover what someone is about is the their homepage, or maybe wikipedia.
You're awfully defensive about this guy who may not be what he says he is. Are you familiar with the concept of "the unreliable narrator"? Sometimes it takes awhile to catch on.

Maybe you should take a step back and see if the ideas he argues for support the idea of his actually being "left of center".

In any case, he is a pundit, at best, not a journalist.

• Winner
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I already told you that's untrue. Repeat that a third time and you will be outright lying.

As I said before, I googled him to find out who he is and that is what I found interesting - on the first page. I didn't bother to google Mr. Beck because I'm already somewhat familiar with him.

Nor would it if that were even true. Show something that shows him to be what he claims to be.

Oh dear. Who claimed he was an alt-right plant? No, the claim is that he is a poseur.

You're awfully defensive about this guy who may not be what he says he is. Are you familiar with the concept of "the unreliable narrator"? Sometimes it takes awhile to catch on.

Maybe you should take a step back and see if the ideas he argues for support the idea of his actually being "left of center".

In any case, he is a pundit, at best, not a journalist.
In my country you are innocent until proven guilty. There is only one fact at play here. Tim Pool has stated he is left of center, a position that is clear from his content, and he should be believed unless there is a reason to believe otherwise. Whether you claim he is an alt right plant or alt right poseur is a distinction without a difference because neither are warranted by evidence.

You keep forgetting that I actually watch his content. If you want to say it is other than it appears give evidence for that claim. Tim Pool is not a pundit, he doesn't claim at all to be an expert. In fact he claims the exact opposite, which you would know if you knew anything about him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have told me who you don't listen to, but not who you do listen to help give you a broad perspective.
NPR, Pro Publica, to name a couple.
I agree that the allegations you are making could be the case, but they are far from being verified or capable of being asserted as fact even though the media presents it that way.
That’s why there is need for inquiry under the law.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Patently false. That hasn't been proven to be true. And let's not turn this into an anti Trump thread. Let's stay on topic. This thread is about what Beck said about Ukraine. It appears that the DNC is involved in Ukraine and election issues.
Ok. Why isn’t the DOJ investigating?

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NPR, Pro Publica, to name a couple.
That’s why there is need for inquiry under the law.
I used to listen to NPR but it started leaning toward communism. The last segment I listened to was praising the communist manifesto. I haven't heard of propublica. Why do you feel these things broaden your perspective against the MSN?

Nothing wrong with a sincere inquiry and one was warranted given the whistle-blower. The Ukraine inquiry isn't over though, there is a lot more that needs investigating besides anything Trump.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,849.00
Faith
Atheist
Tim Pool says he is left of center. I will not entertain conspiracy theories that showed up in your recent google searches to discredit him. If you want to know what he is about I suggest going to his actual content and watching it.

He says he's left of center (i'm not sure where he says this, but that is your claim). His actions show him to be something else entirely.

I watched a few of his videos.

His video content is significantly right of center. And then some.

I tell you this as a die-hard conservative.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,849.00
Faith
Atheist
In my country you are innocent until proven guilty. There is only one fact at play here. Tim Pool has stated he is left of center, a position that is clear from his content, and he should be believed unless there is a reason to believe otherwise. Whether you claim he is an alt right plant or alt right poseur is a distinction without a difference because neither are warranted by evidence.

You keep forgetting that I actually watch his content. If you want to say it is other than it appears give evidence for that claim. Tim Pool is not a pundit, he doesn't claim at all to be an expert. In fact he claims the exact opposite, which you would know if you knew anything about him.

Here's a link to his content.

Tim Pool

It's anything but left leaning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He says he's left of center (i'm not sure where he says this, but that is your claim). His actions show him to be something else entirely.

I watched a few of his videos.

His video content is significantly right of center. And then some.

I tell you this as a die-hard conservative.
His content is heavily about the left right now because he feels that the left has suddenly moved so far from center that it is leaving him and other traditional democrats behind. What he believes is not conservationism. He was a Bernie sanders supporter, and formerly a Tulsi Gabbard supporter.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's a link to his content.

Tim Pool

It's anything but left leaning.
Why are you linking me his page. I stated in the thread that I watched 2-3 videos of his a day. Whats the point here? He is criticizing the left so he must be right?

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,849.00
Faith
Atheist
His content is heavily about the left because he feels that the left has suddenly moved so far from center that it is leaving him and other traditional democrats behind. What he believes is not conservationism. He was a Bernie sanders supporter, and a Tulsi Gabbard supporter.

Every video of his in the last 3 months has a right-wing tagline. He even posts hit pieces against Sanders (that you allege he was a supporter of):

"CNN Pushes Fake News And SMEARS"
"Ocasio Cortez New Bill Grants FULL Welfare to ALL"
"New York Time SLAMMED For Publishing FAKE Trump"
"Leaked Documents Implicate Joe Biden In Ukraine Scandal"
"Democrats Impeachment BACKFIRING And They Know It"
"Trump Has SURPASSED Obama Approval Despite Negative Press"
"Kavanaugh Smears Have COMPLETELY Collapsed"
"Americans DONT Want Trump Impeached"
"Trump's APproval Breaks ALL TIME High"
"Studies Prove Google Is Swinging 2020 AGAINST Trump"
"Bernie Sanders Staffers Are Quitting Over Low Wages"

• Informative
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,849.00
Faith
Atheist
Why are you linking me his page. I stated in the thread that I watched 2-3 videos of his a day. Whats the point here? He is criticizing the left so he must be right?

Why are you repeating the falsehood that he's left of center? What's the point here? That he's spouting far right talking points day-in and day-out but he say's he's "left of center", so no critical thinking or analysis required?

I'm linking his page so that your nonsense claims are easily debunked by the actual information.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every video of his in the last 3 months has a right-wing tagline. He even posts hit pieces against Sanders (that you allege he was a supporter of):

"CNN Pushes Fake News And SMEARS"
"Ocasio Cortez New Bill Grants FULL Welfare to ALL"
"New York Time SLAMMED For Publishing FAKE Trump"
"Leaked Documents Implicate Joe Biden In Ukraine Scandal"
"Democrats Impeachment BACKFIRING And They Know It"
"Trump Has SURPASSED Obama Approval Despite Negative Press"
"Kavanaugh Smears Have COMPLETELY Collapsed"
"Americans DONT Want Trump Impeached"
"Trump's APproval Breaks ALL TIME High"
"Studies Prove Google Is Swinging 2020 AGAINST Trump"
"Bernie Sanders Staffers Are Quitting Over Low Wages"
What's the logic here. He criticizes the left so he must be right? He is a former Bernie sanders and Tulsi Gabbard supporter. What if there were people who had beliefs and they didn't compromise those beliefs for the sake of a political party. You mistake his self criticism for right leaning because the left has moved left and he has a lot to say about that. Notice he lists himself as a disaffected liberal. Criticizing the party that abandoned you is not evidence of being on the right.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟334,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What's the logic here. He criticizes the left so he must be right? He is a former Bernie sanders and Tulsi Gabbard supporter. What if there were people who had beliefs and they didn't compromise those beliefs for the sake of a political party. You mistake his self criticism for right leaning because the left has moved left and he has a lot to say about that. Notice he lists himself as a disaffected liberal. Criticizing the party that abandoned you is not evidence of being on the right.

But that doesn't appear to be consistent with what he is saying. Things like, "New York Time SLAMMED For Publishing FAKE Trump," "Leaked Documents Implicate Joe Biden In Ukraine Scandal," "Democrats Impeachment BACKFIRING And They Know It," and "Americans DONT Want Trump Impeached" don't show someone who is on the "left," just feels the Democrats left him. Instead, these are things taken from far right sites that typically aren't supported by current facts.

To this point, per the polls, Impeachment is not backfiring -- per the polls, most Americans support impeachment hearings and the numbers for hearings is going up. Yes, less then half of Americans currently support impeachment but that is what you expect this early in impeachment hearings. Again, the poll numbers are trending to supporting Trump's impeachment. We'll see where it goes, and what comes out in the hearings, but it is way too early to talk about "backfiring" or that people don't want Trump impeached. Instead of posting what the truth is, he is instead posting directly from Trump's playbook.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟334,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Grammer Poolice: "way TOO early" not "way to early"

footnote: "to" is used frequently daily when "TOO" is meant.

Yes, I think faster than I can type -- so you'll see occasional typos from me; particularly if I am in a hurry and don't do a good job of proofreading.

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But that doesn't appear to be consistent with what he is saying. Things like, "New York Time SLAMMED For Publishing FAKE Trump," "Leaked Documents Implicate Joe Biden In Ukraine Scandal," "Democrats Impeachment BACKFIRING And They Know It," and "Americans DONT Want Trump Impeached" don't show someone who is on the "left," just feels the Democrats left him. Instead, these are things taken from far right sites that typically aren't supported by current facts.

To this point, per the polls, Impeachment is not backfiring -- per the polls, most Americans support impeachment hearings and the numbers for hearings is going up. Yes, less then half of Americans currently support impeachment but that is what you expect this early in impeachment hearings. Again, the poll numbers are trending to supporting Trump's impeachment. We'll see where it goes, and what comes out in the hearings, but it is way to early to talk about "backfiring" or that people don't want Trump impeached. Instead of posting what the truth is, he is instead posting directly from Trump's playbook.
I would agree with you on the language if this were not youtube. That is simply how you run a business on youtube when all you have to hook people is a picture and a catchy title. Extreme slates are just how it is there. "Laser Beam" eyes is also a hook on youtube.

I don't know what to do with polls like this. You hear one saying one thing, and another saying another. I've given up on political polls being able to tell me anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I think faster than I can type -- so you'll see occasional typos from me; particularly if I am in a hurry and don't do a good job of proofreading.
I hate "your" you're". Even though I know the difference I always get it wrong and have to fix it. I screw up to and too a lot too.

Upvote 0