May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Daniel and Alex probably take over. Either that or dad lives and ends up listening to Daniel about Wilhelmina.

I bet Betty get's rehired too.

As for Christine and her husband....It's hard to tell. Permanent liver damage from consuming too much alcohol on a regular basis is very possible. But he's used her before, who's to say he's not planning on using her again.

Upvote 0

loribee59

Beautiful hearts and minds makes me swoon! :)
Mar 11, 2003
Keizer, OR
✟23,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Daniel and Alex probably take over. Either that or dad lives and ends up listening to Daniel about Wilhelmina.

I bet Betty get's rehired too.

As for Christine and her husband....It's hard to tell. Permanent liver damage from consuming too much alcohol on a regular basis is very possible. But he's used her before, who's to say he's not planning on using her again.

the MODE magazine is Bradford's, but it's Claire who's holding the purse it's HER money that made MODE~ I'm sure that Dan and Alex will run the magazine unless good ol' (or bad ol') Willie tries to put a wedge between them.

As for Christine's hubby.. I'm betting he's faking that liver disease to get the $100,000. He's a bit too charming to have made a genuine change of heart *snorts*

Betty get rehired....PLEASE!!! She's the only SANE person in that place! LOL

Upvote 0

Diamantina

Catholic revert and Lay Carmelite
Site Supporter
Mar 30, 2008
West Covina, California
Visit site
✟55,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I was miffed about how the character of Renee was treated. First, the vast majority of people with mental illnesses (including those with borderline personality disorder, which I think the psychiatrist Dr. Remus told Wilhelmina was Renee's diagnosis) are not homicidal pyromaniacs. Inclined to paranoia, yes. But most people with mental illnesses only intend to harm themselves if they physically harm anyone at all.

Second, Wilhelmina and Marc's changing Renee's medication should be exposed and punished ASAP. That is a modern-day variant of "gaslighting" (from the 1944 film Gaslight, in which a man tries to drive his wife into mental illness so that she enters a mental hospital and he gets her fortune) and should not be considered remotely funny.

Third, when Daniel told Betty that he loved Renee, it implied that his relationship with Renee was over. Although Renee set fire to his apartment, she was no more morally responsible for the deed than a child. Therefore, Daniel not only should have stayed by Renee, visiting her regularly in the mental hospital, but marry her. (I disapprove strongly of even fictional couples living together without marrying.) After all, Renee was taking her medication -- it was not her fault that it was the wrong medication. Besides, it would do some good to have a sympathetically portrayed major character with mental illness in a show like Ugly Betty.

On another subject, I like Henry, but he is too committed to Charlie and their child, even though their relationship is over. I would not want to be romantically involved with a man who is the father of another woman's (unborn) child. Betty should let Henry and Charlie go to Tucson and marry, and Betty should marry Gio.

Upvote 0

DestinationHome

Apr 3, 2008
Mexico
✟15,337.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On another subject, I like Henry, but he is too committed to Charlie and their child, even though their relationship is over. I would not want to be romantically involved with a man who is the father of another woman's (unborn) child. Betty should let Henry and Charlie go to Tucson and marry, and Betty should marry Gio.

But Daniel's supposed to fall in love with Betty...and she turns "beautiful". I know this is Ugly Betty, not Betty La Fea, but I'm still waiting for it to follow course. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
J

Jenster

But Daniel's supposed to fall in love with Betty...and she turns "beautiful". I know this is Ugly Betty, not Betty La Fea, but I'm still waiting for it to follow course. :D
I haven't seen Betty La Fea, so maybe I'm one of those who wouldn't feel a loss if Ugly Betty took its own path. I know some can see Daniel and Betty together, but I just can't. To me, they're permanently friendzoned. Plus, I don't really think she respects him like she needs to.

Now Gio :sorry: when they first introduced him to the show, he had integrity -- complaining about fake "Mode girls" and encouraging Betty to follow her dreams. He even refused to make a sandwich with five sundried tomatoes (as opposed to three) because he thought they would overshadow the turkey! Lately it seems he's simply turned into a star-crossed lover. But I still think they've got the best chemistry. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
J

Jenster

Thread resurrection!! lol...

This is the final season for Ugly Betty....I liked this show too...=[
I haven't been following it this season. Do you mean that, come May or June, it will be ending? I need to catch up on Hulu, but the downloads start and stop. It's so annoying! I need to get the DVDs I guess. Except that they're not out yet for this season.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums