United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
A few commnets I have noticed:

1) My cousin's son made his 1st HOLY Communion. She made the comment she told him about the "bread and wine" he received and how happy he was to "wash the bread down" with "the wine." UGH. It is NOT bread and wine, it is our Lord's most Holy body and blood!!! It just seemed so inapproripiate to me.

2) Almost three summers ago my cousin got married to her husband in the Catholic Church. They were the ones giving Holy Communion to the faithful. I think it was her brother (or friend?) that came up, opened up his mouth to receive communion from my (female) cousin. He then smiled and stook out his hands instead.

Is THAT approrpiate?

Am I being hypersensitive? I have seen people that literally take communion like they are eating popcorn. Where is the reverence for the Most Holy thing they will EVER come into contact with while they are on earth?

I almost eny Eastern Catholics and Eastern Orthodox for their deep reverence they have for Holy Communion. Profound bow, receive on the spoon, and they cross themsleves multiple times. Beautiful and reverent.

Reactions: Rhamiel