UFOs/UAPs - why did the government choose now to declassify documents about such encounters?

Do you think these UFO/UAP sightings and encounters are authentic? If so, what are they?

• No, they're all hoaxes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Yes, they're nonhuman extraterrestrial advanced beings from other worlds

• Yes, they're experimental military technology (whether US or foreign, I don't know)

• Yes, but it's demonic activity (explain what you think their goal is in a post)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but it's angelic activity (explain what you think their goal is in a post)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but they're some kind of natural phenomena

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On the other hand, there is this article also from a Catholic perspective.
For some odd reason this morning I felt compelled to look at the Spirit Daily site first, a site I have long stopped by on occasion.
This article takes the opposite view of Thigpen's book, Thigpen seems to be open to extraterrestrial life and writes that their existence
does not contradict the Catholic(and larger Christian faith) if they exist. I do recommend this book.
I have also read Fr. Seraphim Rose's book Orthodoxy and the Religion of the future which has an entire chapter on UFOs and conclude that they are demonic and quotes sightings from Church Fathers and Saints in defense of that position.
Even in my own WELS church , I had a former pastor who said there are no aliens, and would agree with this article:
Our current pastor however, believes they may exist.
I have been feeling for awhile that the human race is heading towards the end times and a great deception.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah; they seem to be drawn either to desolate areas where they can abduct people with no interference, or to nuclear and military sites where they can monitor what we're up to.
This James Fox guy said he and another dude plotted out on a map all of the alleged encounters or appearances, and the vast majority of them were in the area of the Trinity test site. I thought that was interesting.

They probably fly through most of our neighborhoods with their doors locked.

I would.
Maybe Chicago is why they haven't invaded yet. They don't want their ships raided, especially when the law won't charge the offenders if they steal under $900 worth of alien goods.

• Haha
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This James Fox guy said he and another dude plotted out on a map all of the alleged encounters or appearances, and the vast majority of them were in the area of the Trinity test site. I thought that was interesting.
It's true that a lot of sightings have been recorded in New Mexico (Rosswell), Arizona (the Phoenix lights), and Nevada (Skinwalker Ranch).

Maybe they like desolate, desert areas.....might remind them of their home planets, or something.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
On the other hand, there is this article also from a Catholic perspective.
For some odd reason this morning I felt compelled to look at the Spirit Daily site first, a site I have long stopped by on occasion.
This article takes the opposite view of Thigpen's book, Thigpen seems to be open to extraterrestrial life and writes that their existence
does not contradict the Catholic(and larger Christian faith) if they exist. I do recommend this book.
I have also read Fr. Seraphim Rose's book Orthodoxy and the Religion of the future which has an entire chapter on UFOs and conclude that they are demonic and quotes sightings from Church Fathers and Saints in defense of that position.
Even in my own WELS church , I had a former pastor who said there are no aliens, and would agree with this article:
Our current pastor however, believes they may exist.
I have been feeling for awhile that the human race is heading towards the end times and a great deception.
That article made me consider something. Man is made in the image of God. If aliens are real, and if they're visiting us in these highly advanced ships, they have capabilities far beyond us. If we're made in the image of God, how could they be so superior? Leads one to believe that the existence of aliens cannot be true.

Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That article made me consider something. Man is made in the image of God. If aliens are real, and if they're visiting us in these highly advanced ships, they have capabilities far beyond us. If we're made in the image of God, how could they be so superior? Leads one to believe that the existence of aliens cannot be true.
Yes, I've considered that as well. I personally believe that if extraterrestrial biological beings exist(That are not angels or demons,)-that are biological like us from another planet-we won't find out until after the Second Coming. Right now we are on a need to know basis.
I personally believe that what we are experiencing now as far as sightings/abductions ain't it. ( True extraterrestrial life)
Of course, I could be wrong, I've been wrong about lots of things before.
There are other possibilities such as these are interdimensional beings(aka demonic?) even time travel?
Or-maybe there is a breakaway civilization that we don't know about.
There used to be a guy on the internet long ago(Branton?) that thought these extraterrestrial visitors were actually part of the human race which somehow left our solar system or earth and colonized another planet and are coming back to see their historical home.
Who knows? That would explain why they are humanoid or human looking.
I think some of these sightings could be drones/high altitude balloons/maybe even military super top secret stuff.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married