NH
✟252.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
I and several friends were scared to death and ran away when we saw one rising out of a swamp. People who've never seen one shouldn't belittle those who have. The ones I've seen were not Unidentified. They were real. When you have half the town observing one hovering above the tree tops - it's difficult to dismiss.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I and several friends were scared to death and ran away when we saw one rising out of a swamp. People who've never seen one shouldn't belittle those who have. The ones I've seen were not Unidentified. They were real. When you have half the town observing one hovering above the tree tops - it's difficult to dismiss.
One what?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most Christians don't spend much time studying the Bible, they spend much more time consuming Hollywood propaganda. Hence the belief in Aliens.
But you also believe in "aliens". You simple believe that the "aliens" are demons. Both of you believe in "aliens", you're just at odds as to their nature. The problem for both of you is that aliens, be they ET or demonic, can't be demonstrated to exist at all. You believe that they do as a matter of faith. It's part of your religion. For my part, I rate faith in aliens right up there with faith in elves or leprechauns. Believe in 'em if you must, but there's no empirical, or biblical, basis for it. Gimme some actual evidence they're there, and we can talk. "Lotsa people have seen stuff" isn't evidence of anything excvpt that many people can see.
The MSM is now onboard with Hollywood pushing the same lies, so it's no wonder so many have been deceived.
I consider anyone who believes in spacemen (corporeal or demonic) and flying saucers to be deceived.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Micmac

Feb 1, 2024
NH
✟252.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
You can occasionally see them when looking up at night but you have to know what they look like and how they behave. They are not all the same. Some are more vicious than others. They smell like sulphur and rotten eggs. Some are tall, some are short with big heads. In fact these demons are naturally found in the stone at Dome of the Rock where Muhammad allegedly ascended to heaven from.
Images-on-Dome-of-Rock.jpg

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Without going into great detail and a lengthy explanation, my questions were regarding the "big bang theory" or how the universe came into existence. Apart from the unsatisfactory answers I got on that subject,
"Unsatisfactory" for what reason? The Big Bang, the idea that the universe had a definite beginning, when if came into existence from nothing, was originally a disparaging term for the idea then held only by deists. Now that belief is accepted as fact, we seem to want to argue against it just out of long habit. Maybe we ought to learn when to recognize a victory and move on.
we had other clashes over why the earth is the only known planet within the observable universe which can support biological life.
There's no evidence that it is. The universe may be chocablock with planets that could support life that we have no clue exist. The observable universe is a pretty big shop, and we haven't even scratched the surface in learning about it.
We were privileged to have access to the images captured by the James Webb Space Telescope. The images supported my argument that the earth is in a "Goldilocks Zone" regarding Atmospheric conditions.
There's no argument about that. A goldilocks zone is where liqud water can exist. Most of us have noticed liquid water a time or two.
The rest of the visible universe is filled with deadly radiation, no biological life can exist in such an environment.
That's quite an assertion. What do you base it on?
I asked the good Professor, why he still held on to the idea that extra terrestrial life could exist in those hostile environments. He was unable to give an answer
The correct answer would have been that you didn't know what you were talking about.
but he did ask me to see him in his office after the lecture, where he warned me not to ever disrupt the class again.
If you were disrupting the class with made up stuff that's what he should have done. Your opinions aren't what he's there to teach.
I couldn't continue to swallow someone's false theories, without the opportunity to ask the uncomfortable questions.
In other words, you weren't prepared to have your youtube-based ideas challenged by what actual scientific research has revealed.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You'll have to show me the source that 1 Enoch is quoting.
You'll have to show me that Enoch came up with it as revelation, when so much of Enoch is absolutely and unarguably untrue.

Upvote 0

Micmac

Feb 1, 2024
NH
✟252.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
They've been thrown out of the garden - so now they also will die. Then they become disembodied spirits - demons. Their Mother ships are the size of the State of Rhode Island. They are like a city with hospitals, repair facilities, garages, etc. They have humans in their hospitals, experimenting on them looking for ways to stay alive and grow humans in membrane pods and program them.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can occasionally see them when looking up at night but you have to know what they look like and how they behave. They are not all the same. Some are more vicious than others. They smell like sulphur and rotten eggs. Some are tall, some are short with big heads. In fact these demons are naturally found in the stone at Dome of the Rock where Muhammad allegedly ascended to heaven from.
Right.

Upvote 0

Micmac

Feb 1, 2024
NH
✟252.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
When they were cast out of heaven, they went to different planets and galaxies to get the natural resources necessary to build their spaceships. The abandoned mine on Mars is one of them. That's the big reason Bush gave money to fund the project of going to Mars.

Why are animal mutilations occurring where the reproductive tissues of female animals are removed with astonishing precision with sightings and evidence of UFO's in the area? Why would they need this stuff? They are in the manufacturing process of growing people.

People have even been in certain states between the conscious and unconscious.

If you ever get abducted, you go through some type of "admissions" so to speak and may find yourself in a hospital room type setting in a state of partial consciousness. Almost like a vivid dream but you just know that you are actually there. You'll see other people laying in pod type membranes kind of things squirming around but unable to break free. Make sure you freak out and sit up if you see a huge needle coming at you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you want to go for a ride - let me know if you prefer coach or first class. I'll call them down.
If I can get them to haul me from here to London and back on selected Saturdays that would be very cool.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,588.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But you also believe in "aliens". You simple believe that the "aliens" are demons. Both of you believe in "aliens", you're just at odds as to their nature. The problem for both of you is that aliens, be they ET or demonic, can't be demonstrated to exist at all. You believe that they do as a matter of faith. It's part of your religion. For my part, I rate faith in aliens right up there with faith in elves or leprechauns. Believe in 'em if you must, but there's no empirical, or biblical, basis for it. Gimme some actual evidence they're there, and we can talk. "Lotsa people have seen stuff" isn't evidence of anything excvpt that many people can see.

I consider anyone who believes in spacemen (corporeal or demonic) and flying saucers to be deceived.

Given that the return of Jesus is near, what does it mean to say that the time will be like Noah's time?

Matthew 24:37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Wasn't the planet dominated by demons prior to the flood?

We know that the Antichrist and fake Jesus (false prophet) are demons. They will control the planet. It makes sense that some of them are here now monitoring the planet. I suspect that even the Antichrist is here but hasn't been revealed yet.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You'll have to show me that Enoch came up with it as revelation, when so much of Enoch is absolutely and unarguably untrue.
Is it?

My point is that it was, in fact, quoted. the question is, "why was it quoted?" What was the motive? I went to a church in Seattle that was quite large and I was at a satellite site. Every Sunday service started with a clip from the TV show, "The office", and then the sermon sprung from the issue brought up from that clip. Everyone knows the show is fiction, but the points still stood - which is what makes comedy funny.

So, why quote 1 Enoch. There was a purpose, and the writer is "inspired by God". To be clear, I'm only asking the question. It matters to me.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Given that the return of Jesus is near
As it has been for a couple of thousand years or so. He will return wh n it is His good pleasure, when no one expects Him.
Wasn't the planet dominated by demons prior to the flood?
Not that I've seen in Scripture. Got a chapter and verse on that?
We know that the Antichrist and fake Jesus (false prophet) are demons.
Once again, chapter and verse. What some people think is of no importance.
They will control the planet.
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.
It makes sense that some of them are here now monitoring the planet. I suspect that even the Antichrist is here but hasn't been revealed yet.
People can find ways to believe that the veriest insanity "makes sense". What in fact does Scripture say? That's what's important.

Eschaological doctrines run across the spectrum from DC to daylight, from the strictly biblical to the ravings of lunatics. Where a fairy tale traditionally begins with "once upon a time", End Times fantasies generally begin with "what that really means is...". If you're taking someone's word about what's going to happen just before our Lord returns the odds are you're hearing what somebody hear from somebody who heard from somebody who likewise heard from somebody who read the Revelation, grossly misunderstood it, made up stuff to fill in the gaps, and persuaded the next goob that his baseless notions were direct from God. Garbage in, garbage out. passed around amongst the credulous ad infinitum.

Read the Gospels. Then read them again. And again. Then read the Revelation, and read it with the Gospels are your baseline for understanding. Forget the sensationlist stuff you've read by people who have their own bills of goods to sell you. The Gospel is the key. If anyone tells you something that doesn't sort with the Gospel, reject it out of hand. That's where you start.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ISo, why quote 1 Enoch. There was a purpose, and the writer is "inspired by God".
Which writer? Jude? Sure, and what he gleaned from "Enoch" (which may of may not be the "Enoch" we have) served his purpose in the the context if what he was tryinbg t convey. "Enoch"? We don't know who or how many people wrote the one we have. The only consensus amongst scholars is that it wasn't written by the Enoch of Genesis. There is no question that much of it is utterly untrue. If you don't believe me read me read The Book of Heavenly Luminaries The Book of Enoch: The Book of the Courses of the Heavenly Luminaries: Chapter LXXII. suppposedly dictated by an angel. If a little leaven leavens the whole lump, then the whole lump of "Enoch" belongs in the bin with the Book of Mormon or the Urantia Book. Don't get caught in a snare like that.
To be clear, I'm only asking the question. It matters to me.
Don't allow yourself to be sucked into a morass that it's difficult to escape. Ground yourself in the Gospels, then the rest of the New Testament. Then read Revelation. Leave beartraps like Enoch alone.

Upvote 0

Reasonably Sane

With age comes wisdom, when it doesn't come alone.
Oct 27, 2023
Kentucky
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Which writer? Jude? Sure, and what he gleaned from "Enoch" (which may of may not be the "Enoch" we have) served his purpose in the the context if what he was tryinbg t convey. "Enoch"? We don't know who or how many people wrote the one we have. The only consensus amongst scholars is that it wasn't written by the Enoch of Genesis. There is no question that much of it is utterly untrue. If you don't believe me read me read The Book of Heavenly Luminaries The Book of Enoch: The Book of the Courses of the Heavenly Luminaries: Chapter LXXII. suppposedly dictated by an angel. If a little leaven leavens the whole lump, then the whole lump of "Enoch" belongs in the bin with the Book of Mormon or the Urantia Book. Don't get caught in a snare like that.

Don't allow yourself to be sucked into a morass that it's difficult to escape. Ground yourself in the Gospels, then the rest of the New Testament. Then read Revelation. Leave beartraps like Enoch alone.
I sort of take the Dr. Heiser view of it: It was something the writers of the NT were aware of so looking at its contents can give some perspective. Kinda like if a modern preacher uses a scene from Star Wars to make a point, familiarity with the movie can strengthen my interpretation of the point he's trying to make. That's really the only way I look at it.

To be clear, I revised my thinking on the bible about four years ago. I used to believe it was the word of God. Now I believe it contains the word of God. It is a book written by men inspired by God. But who is to say that those who chose what to include in the canon were "inspired by God". I mean, the OT most used at the time was the Septuagint, yet many of the books there are not found in our modern English bibles. It's why I finally bought the ESV version of the Apocrypha on Amazon. Now I get to see what they were reading and quoting from back then.

It's all good, though. I don't need a bible to be a Christian. I need a decision and prayer. And the bible helps with wisdom and understanding a lot but is not required. After all, first century Christians didn't have one and I'm assuming some of them were actually saved by the blood of Christ.

Bottom line is that I don't take the contents of 1 Enoch too seriously, but I think it may be worth reading if only to get into the heads of some of the authors of the books of the NT. That's all.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
That link just got me to a search that finds bible hub, bible gateway, etc.
So sorry I should have checked before posting.

The link I intended to insert is tis one:

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Which may be why almost no one agrees on what the Revelation "actually means".

I don't assume that anything is one of "those things of God" because someone with an obvious ax to grind declares it so. That's how heresies are built.

You referred to concepts that are drawn from Enoch. Enoch isn't in the Bible, and never was.

I'm sure there are.

Really? Citations, please.

True. I haven't seen a giant squid, but I'm fairly sure they exist. Citations please.

At least as good as yours, and considerably less likely to do violence to the Scripture by trying to make it support baseless beliefs.

The Word of God makes no reference to "aliens" in any sense other than "foreigners". But you're free to prove me wrong with pertinent citations. You've apparently found things in the Word of God that I doubt are actually there. Fel free to prove me wrong.

Yeah, my favorites are the 200,000,00 cavalry (or possibly dragoons, it doesn't specify) riding lion-headed, snake-tailed fire breathing mounts. Gotta be literal, right?

Yep, gotta be spacemen/demons in flying saucers there, no doubt. They probably defy the laws of Physics as well.
You obviously don't believe that every Word in the Bible is the Word of God. So we really won't agree on anything.

God uses parable's and symbolic language, which only make sense to those who have been given understanding. God hides the truth from most people, He only reveals it to His elect. The things of God are foolishness to those who are perishing.

One doesn't need to be smart or highly educated to understand what God's Word teaches, they just need God to reveal the truth to them and that's not something man has any influence over. God is the only One who decides that, He gives it to some and He hides from others.

I can't prove anything to you, no matter how many Bible verses I use to support what I believe. "The Church" is divided into countless denominations and branches, each one is vehemently opposed to the others, in doctrine and bible interpretation. God has said, "let every man be a liar and let God be true".

If God doesn't give a person the gift of understanding and faith, then they will never make any sense of what He is saying because He is supernatural and man is born with a carnal mind. The natural man can't believe God's Word, because it is foolishness to him.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

God's Word teaches us that, Demons or as you like to call them "Aliens" are deceiving Spirits. You can't see a Spirit unless it takes on a physical form. Spirits are super intelligent and super powerful, Satan is the most powerful creature in the universe. Man is no match for Spirits/Devils/Angels, just one of them killed 186,000 soldiers in one night so you can imagine how [powerful they are.

The last thing they want to do is reveal themselves to unbelievers, as that would cause them to become believers. They are happy to kill, to cause sickness, wars, misery and to destroy people in their invisible state. Their main aim to to keep people from believing the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ, that way they lead them to hell. The last thing they want to do is blow their cover and lose the war for your soul.

Upvote 0