• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Type 2 Diabetes Any Cure

Oct 13, 2013
Virginia
✟15,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have type 2 diabetes and was wondering if there is any cure for this disease.I lived with it for years and it is quite hard to live with cause of the sweets out there I like to try. I know god can make me a stronger person but for some reason I can have doubts. I do not like to live like this with diabetes. And is there any cure for this disease or not? I wish I didn't have it.
I forgot when I was diagnosed with diabetes so I can't explain any farther.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you are significantly overweight, then losing weight can have a major impact. Bariatric weight loss surgeries have been extremely helpful to many people. Otherwise, eating appropriately and staying physically active are your best tools.

Reactions: Chad Farwell
Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have type 2 diabetes and was wondering if there is any cure for this disease.I lived with it for years and it is quite hard to live with cause of the sweets out there I like to try. I know god can make me a stronger person but for some reason I can have doubts. I do not like to live like this with diabetes. And is there any cure for this disease or not? I wish I didn't have it.

cow451 is absolutely right. I want to share with you this presentation and in it the actual cause and cure for type 2 diabetes is discussed. I hope it helps. Enjoy

909 - Diabetes - Amazing Discoveries TV

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

No cure.

Proper diet, exercise and certain types of medication are used to control type 2
diabetes.

Upvote 0

God's Child

Psalm 23
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2006
✟135,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
2015MH2_zps807e5eae.jpg

This thread has undergone a cleanup.

Please remember to stay on topic and do not mock or goad.​

Mod Hat Off​

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No cure.

Proper diet, exercise and certain types of medication are used to control type 2
diabetes.

If a person is "morbidly obese", losing significant weight and changing lifestyle can reduce or even eliminate the need for medication. For these people, weight loss surgery is becoming a first-line treatment instead of a last resort.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If a person is "morbidly obese", losing significant weight and changing lifestyle can reduce or even eliminate the need for medication. For these people, weight loss surgery is becoming a first-line treatment instead of a last resort.

You bet. And, obesity is likely the number one risk factor for type 2 diabetes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Eliminate or cut way back on all breads and cereals, white potatoes, rice, noodles, wheat, anything starchy. Eating them is like eating pure sugar.

Eat a lot more protein and high saturated fats. Eggs, butter, bacon, red and white fatty meats, sausages, fish, chicken. All the supposedly high protein high fat bad stuff is actually good to eat. And all that supposedly good grains, breads, cereals, unsaturated fats they heavily promoted for years are really bad stuff to eat. Decades ago, few people were overweight or had diabetes, now both are like plagues and mostly due to what they were told was good to eat.

You want to notice the glycemic value of the food you eat. Low glycemic is what you want.

http://www.losing-weight-and-the-glycemic-index.com/foods-that-lower-blood-sugar.html
Sweet potatoes are on the list which surprised me.
Research has shown cranberries and cinnamon to lower blood sugar. I saw you can buy cranberry pills.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eliminate or cut way back on all breads and cereals, white potatoes, rice, noodles, wheat, anything starchy. Eating them is like eating pure sugar.

Eat a lot more protein and high saturated fats. Eggs, butter, bacon, red and white fatty meats, sausages, fish, chicken. All the supposedly high protein high fat bad stuff is actually good to eat. And all that supposedly good grains, breads, cereals, unsaturated fats they heavily promoted for years are really bad stuff to eat. Decades ago, few people were overweight or had diabetes, now both are like plagues and mostly due to what they were told was good to eat.

You want to notice the glycemic value of the food you eat. Low glycemic is what you want.

Foods That Lower Blood Sugar, Cinnamon Reduce Blood Sugar, High Blood Sugar Diet
Sweet potatoes are on the list which surprised me.
Research has shown cranberries and cinnamon to lower blood sugar. I saw you can buy cranberry pills.

I think this is good advice.

Upvote 0
D

Dairy

I saw this testimonial the other day on what happened when a type 2 diabetic stopped eating wheat.

"Susan looks different off wheat–and cured husband’s diabetes"

Susan looks different off wheat-and cured husband's diabetes - Dr. William Davis

snippet:

...I started Wheat Belly in august and I felt so much better immediately that, after a couple of days, my husband said he was going to try it, too. I made sure I had plenty of muffins and good things made for him so he would stick with it.

He took 2 shots of insulin a day for 8 years. After starting Wheat Belly, his blood sugar stayed below 100. His last A1C was 5.4%. His doctor said technically he is no longer diabetic, but we know if we ate differently he would be diabetic again. He is off of his insulin, high blood pressure meds, sleeping pills, and Prilosec. We have more energy than we’ve had in years and love our new way of life. My skinny husband lost 20 pounds immediately and I only lost 1/2 pound in 5 months. Then 15 pounds fell off in a month. (But I also have thyroid problems). I praise Wheat Belly to everyone I see!...

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Management of Type 2 Diabetes is the only option.
Healthy Eating, Regular Exercise, Medication and Blood Sugar Monitoring will be helpful.

I'm gratefully as a type 2 diabetic that some on here get this. I am near my ideal weight and eat right and am still on insulin and pills. I find it offensive that someone would suggest I would be cured if I would just eat better.
It simply isn't that easy for some people

Upvote 0

JasonHarless

Dec 17, 2014
✟15,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are right. It goes way beyond eating healthy and being at a healthy weight. It is being known more to be a prolonged exposure to environmental toxins. The intro of unsaturated oils have flooded our foods which store in fat tissues and , once oxidized under stress, damage the mitochondria and even the beta cells of our pancreas. In short, eating saturated fats, supplement with more vitamin E and shift carb consumption to mostly fructose rather than starches will help put you on the right track. Yes people have been known for many years to kick diabetes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
D

Dairy

Saw this write up and video concerning the theory that there is a link between fungus/ yeast mycotoxins and diabetes. It might be one explanation why some have been able to control their diabetes with low carbohydrate diets. It also discusses how some medications have been found to have anti fungal properties to them.

"Diabetes And The Fungus Link"

Diabetes And The Fungus Link

Upvote 0

JasonHarless

Dec 17, 2014
✟15,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, protein sends a signal to produce insulin. Insulin does not cause diabetes or should be considered a substance that declines health. In the above quote, the inference that sugar restriction stops all insulin production and is advocated is in itself dangerous and simply isn't true. Sugar restriction (including starchy carbs), however, reduces ATP tremendously and sends a stress pattern that restrains efficient cell metabolism which results in cell death or the adaptation of inefficient cell metabolism. This increases free fatty acids which continue the stress loop, increases adrenalin and cortisol, decreases ability to oxidize glucose - The same physiological conditions seen in diabetes.

Additionally, sugars are needed to produce thyroid hormone, increase cellular CO2 and subsequently O2 uptake; and along with vitamin A and cholesterol, to produce protective youth- associated hormones such as progesterone/testosterone, DHEA and pregnenolone.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
If you do not eat any sugar it is impossible to illicit an insulin
response. End of diabetes - end of story.
It is impossible to live without glucose. It is the primary source of energy for the body. Insulin is what allows the cells to absorb the glucose from the blood and feed the cells. So yes, death will cure diabetes. Or else you live with it and just take the appropriate amounts of insulin when you do eat sugar. You don't have to cut it out completely, just take more insulin (which means monitoring more) when you have increased your sugar intake...that is exactly how a healthy pancreas works.

Upvote 0