• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Type 2 Diabetes Any Cure

EmethAlethia

Oct 5, 2014
✟28,633.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was at 350 lbs. blood sugars out of control. Was following the food pyramid and eating small meals, 6-7 all day long. Mostly salads, meats, ... and I was still packing on the weight. God online and did tons of research and cam across Dr,. Jason Fung. Watched hour after hour of videos. God all his books online and read them all over a weekend taking careful notes.

Fat is stored food energy. That extra big mac you had 3 months ago. That slice of cheesecake after that pasta dish at cheesecake factory...According to Dr. Fung, you just need to start consuming your stores... so I did. Now mind you Dr. Fung is a real conservative. Take things slow ... Me ... I'm at the other end of the spectrum. I thought ... Jesus went 40 days and nights without food. Let's do that.

Made it 24 hours. Failure right? Hell no. Greatest success of my life. 24 hours. If I went 2 hours before it was a victory. So I tried again. made it 2 days, then 4 then a whole week without food. Then 14 days. Eventually I made it 32 days without any food. 5 meals in 3 months and I lost 104 lbs.. And NO DIABETES!

No, Dr. Fung would not approve. Nor would your Doctor, I am quite sure. I am not saying be like me. I am saying get with your Dr. and monitor the hell out of yourself. Your blood sugars will bounce all over the map for the first few days of fasting and your medications, like insulin will be hyper effective even in small doses. DON'T KILL YOURSELF ON THE WAY TO GETTING HEALTHY. And no, you don't have to go fast like me. Some people cure their diabetes slowly over many months and years. Just get more information now. There are a lot of fasting sites and Dr. Fung has a ton of videos and books.

Now I have a tool to use whenever I feel like I am packing a little extra fat on. I just fast for a while and eat that extra food energy I am saving around my tummy and everywhere else. By the way. I never felt better than when I was fasting. Needed less sleep, better able to concentrate, ... and once I am over my hunger wall at days 2-3 I can go forever even making my favorite foods for everyone else in the family without temptation ... Ok ... so with a little temptation. But it's not like I am ravenously hungry at that point.

Monitor, monitor, monitor ... and if you are going longer than a week or two get yourself a good natural multivitamin. I like the Alive 3X / day as they also keep all my allergies under control. Remember, while fasting medications are hyper effective so take real small doses ... monitor, monitor, monitor. After about day 5 my blood sugars went to normal and stayed there. I am about half the man I used to be. Thank God. By the way Dr. Jason Fung is very much a conservative and believes in taking things slowly. There are other sites that are much more radical.

Get with a Dr. who believes in fasting and work out a program. Oh yes. By the way. Fasting always works. About .6 lbs. a day. More if you are active or have more muscle mass. But ignore the scale. It lies. Water retention, refilling the intestines and stomach after you end your fast... just use the mirror and forget the scale altogether or you will get frustrated. Understand, whether or not you see it or not, you are consuming about .6 or so lbs. a day. How do you know? Do you have a pulse? Do you have a temp of around 98.6? If you aren't dead you are consuming the fuel to keep your body running from somewhere. Fasting always works. You decide how long you want to take to cure obesity and diabetes

Upvote 0

EmethAlethia

Oct 5, 2014
✟28,633.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have fasted for over 30 days straight with no food at all. There is a process called glucogenesis where fats are converted to sugars for use in essential functions that require it. No "sugars" of carbs, ... or anything are needed if you have the fat stores to consume. Lost over 100 lbs. in 3 months and never ever felt better than when I was on an extended fast. Needed less sleep. was more alert, better able to concentrate ... 5 meals in 3 months... And no, I am not recommending you be radical like me. Do some homework, some research ... watch some Dr. Jason Fung videos and read some books. Then get with a Dr. and plan things out. Monitor, monitor, monitor. Blood sugars will bounce all over the map for the first few days and medications will be hyper effective so small doses and recheck. My blood sugars stabilized at normal and stayed there after about 5 days. So did my wife's.

Upvote 0

Kenneth9820

Jul 23, 2022
Kansas
✟1,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes. For example, there are now many medications for type 2 diabetes. For example, my grandfather personally uses ozempik. I also know about the existence of such a medication as victoza. To choose the right one, you need to consult a doctor before doing so. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have fasted for over 30 days straight with no food at all. There is a process called glucogenesis where fats are converted to sugars for use in essential functions that require it. No "sugars" of carbs, ... or anything are needed if you have the fat stores to consume. Lost over 100 lbs. in 3 months and never ever felt better than when I was on an extended fast. Needed less sleep. was more alert, better able to concentrate ... 5 meals in 3 months... And no, I am not recommending you be radical like me. Do some homework, some research ... watch some Dr. Jason Fung videos and read some books. Then get with a Dr. and plan things out. Monitor, monitor, monitor. Blood sugars will bounce all over the map for the first few days and medications will be hyper effective so small doses and recheck. My blood sugars stabilized at normal and stayed there after about 5 days. So did my wife's.
Wow, that's good.... Problem is here in South America, no one has heard about that diet, or intermittent fasting. I'd love to find a doctor like that here. It's all medicine and very standard care. But yes, what Dr. Jason Fung teaches works. I wish I could get him to phone consult him or a doctor like that. Preferably from the USA, because I could understand the English better, than medical Spanish.

Upvote 0