Two women indicted on hate crime charges over viral video showing attack on 7-year-old wearing MAGA hat

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A New Castle County, Delaware, grand jury indicted Olivia Winslow and Camryn Amy, both 21, on Tuesday on charges of second-degree robbery, second-degree conspiracy, endangering the welfare of a child, third-degree assault, attempted third-degree assault, offensive touching, and felony hate crimes, according to Delaware News Journal.
It's about time that at least a few of the hate crimes against those with conservative principles are being charged.

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Absolutely despicable behavior. They deserve the charges and whatever punishment they face.

"conservative principles'

LOL. Protesting the nomination of an opposing party's presidential candidate and wearing MAGA hats is hardly a "conservative principle." Those would be things like small government, less regulation, lower taxes for the middle-class and supporting legislation to actually reduce the deficit, things that have been in short supply recently in the "conservative" party.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
OP Story is from September 2020

Update

Camryn Amy and Olivia Winslow, both 21 at the time, were each sentenced Friday on misdemeanor charges of theft, child endangerment and hate crimes. Neither will serve jail time.

The adult male victim of the incident last August said the harassment [including death threats] the women received has been “punishment enough,” according to a submitted statement.

Judge Francis J. Jones went along with prosecutors' recommendation in sentencing the women to multiple counts of conditional probation. If they attend required anger management counseling and complete 40 hours of community service, he ruled, the probation will be lifted.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,656.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
OP Story is from September 2020

Update

Camryn Amy and Olivia Winslow, both 21 at the time, were each sentenced Friday on misdemeanor charges of theft, child endangerment and hate crimes. Neither will serve jail time.

Judge Francis J. Jones went along with prosecutors' recommendation in sentencing the women to multiple counts of conditional probation. If they attend required anger management counseling and complete 40 hours of community service, he ruled, the probation will be lifted.
Since the video shows one of them throwing a punch I feel that sentence is beyond light.

I don't think much of the woman who seems to be the kid's mom either. You don't tell a kid to try to get their hat back and put them at risk.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely despicable behavior. They deserve the charges and whatever punishment they face.

"conservative principles'

LOL. Protesting the nomination of an opposing party's presidential candidate and wearing MAGA hats is hardly a "conservative principle." Those would be things like small government, less regulation, lower taxes for the middle-class and supporting legislation to actually reduce the deficit, things that have been in short supply recently in the "conservative" party.
MAGA are those who believe in conservative principles, those who want to make America great again. Freedom is the key, economically that means less regulation on small businesses in particular. Now that we have entered a woke culture other of our freedoms are in grave jeopardy, freedom of speech and due process to name a couple.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
MAGA are those who believe in conservative principles, those who want to make America great again. Freedom is the key, economically that means less regulation on small businesses in particular. Now that we have entered a woke culture other of our freedoms are in grave jeopardy, freedom of speech and due process to name a couple.
No they aren't. MAGA are those who worship Trump, full stop. Trump doesn't represent conservative values. He represents populism and sways whichever way the political winds blow that will get him elected, in power, and grifting off of the system while fleecing the poor schmucks who thro money at him every time he whines about unfairly he's treated. They're not trying to make America great. They care nothing for "freedom" for anyone but themselves. They will use the power of the government to take it away from everyone they don't like.

I'm not a conservative, but I can respect a true conservative point of view even if I don't agree with it. MAGA is not conservatism in any sense of the word.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No they aren't. MAGA are those who worship Trump, full stop. Trump doesn't represent conservative values. He represents populism and sways whichever way the political winds blow that will get him elected, in power, and grifting off of the system while fleecing the poor schmucks who thro money at him every time he whines about unfairly he's treated. They're not trying to make America great. They care nothing for "freedom" for anyone but themselves. They will use the power of the government to take it away from everyone they don't like.

I'm not a conservative, but I can respect a true conservative point of view even if I don't agree with it. MAGA is not conservatism in any sense of the word.
Ronald Reagan used "make America great again" long before Trump, when the economy was bad and inflation was high. Trump has latched on to the Reagan/MAGA conservative movement, he is conservative on a number of issues. Certainly Trump has used the hard left grab for power and control for campaigning, championing the Constitution. In fact, Trump has gone beyond that and has pledged, if elected, to "require every federal employee to pass a new civil service test demonstrating an understanding of our Constitution.”

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Ronald Reagan used "make America great again" long before Trump, when the economy was bad and inflation was high. Trump has latched on to the Reagan/MAGA conservative movement, he is conservative on a number of issues. Certainly Trump has used the hard left grab for power and control for campaigning, championing the Constitution. In fact, Trump has gone beyond that and has pledged, if elected, to "require every federal employee to pass a new civil service test demonstrating an understanding of our Constitution.”
Nice propaganda. Tell me more about what Trump says he's going to do and then let's see what he actually does. That is, if he's not in prison before the election. But I'm guessing MAGA will still vote for a convicted felon. Like I said in another thread... pure insanity.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
In fact, Trump has gone beyond that and has pledged, if elected, to "require every federal employee to pass a new civil service test demonstrating an understanding of our Constitution.”
Him first.

-- A2SG, and if (when) he fails, will he resign? Yeah, no one sees that happening......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In fact, Trump has gone beyond that and has pledged, if elected, to "require every federal employee to pass a new civil service test demonstrating an understanding of our Constitution.”
I doubt very much that Trump could pass the test.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Him first.

-- A2SG, and if (when) he fails, will he resign? Yeah, no one sees that happening......
It's quite shocking how few on the left are upset by the Constitutional violations in regard to government efforts to "get Trump."

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,656.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It's quite shocking how few on the left are upset by the Constitutional violations in regard to government efforts to "get Trump."
I was not aware of any constitutional provisions that protect The Leader from being prosecuted for the same crimes that anyone else would already be in jail for.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was not aware of any constitutional provisions that protect The Leader from being prosecuted for the same crimes that anyone else would already be in jail for.
That no one else would be in jail for.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
That no one else would be in jail for.

Let's cast our minds back to... 3 weeks ago.

Former FBI Analyst Sentenced for Retaining Classified Documents

Wednesday, June 21, 2023
Defendant Kept Hundreds of National Defense Documents at Her Home in Violation of the Espionage Act
A former analyst with the Kansas City Division of the FBI was sentenced in federal court today for illegally retaining documents related to the national defense at her residence.
Kendra Kingsbury, 50, of Garden City, Kansas, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Stephen R. Bough to 46 months in federal prison followed by three years of supervised release. Kingsbury pleaded guilty on Oct. 13, 2022, to two counts of unlawfully retaining documents related to the national defense.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Let's cast our minds back to... 3 weeks ago.

Former FBI Analyst Sentenced for Retaining Classified Documents

Wednesday, June 21, 2023
Defendant Kept Hundreds of National Defense Documents at Her Home in Violation of the Espionage Act
A former analyst with the Kansas City Division of the FBI was sentenced in federal court today for illegally retaining documents related to the national defense at her residence.
Kendra Kingsbury, 50, of Garden City, Kansas, was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Stephen R. Bough to 46 months in federal prison followed by three years of supervised release. Kingsbury pleaded guilty on Oct. 13, 2022, to two counts of unlawfully retaining documents related to the national defense.
The documents a president decides to keep are covered under the Presidential Records Act.

Upvote 0