Women Charged Hate Crime Stealing MAGA Hat

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Delaware women accused of stealing MAGA hat indicted on robbery, hate crime charges

Two Delaware women were indicted by a grand jury on charges of second-degree robbery, second-degree conspiracy, endangering the welfare of a child, third-degree assault, attempted third-degree assault, offensive touching and felony hate crimes, Delaware Online reported.

You can watch what they did in the video on the link. Maybe they're shocked to discover the actual law is going to stand up to defend those of a different political persuasion then themselves? And that actually means defending the children of those who do? Stunning that they probably imagined how this could never happen to them.

Nokomis

Aug 17, 2020
Arkansas
✟15,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Michael Brown was shot dead for.shoplifting. Makes sense.

I can’t help but question the integrity of the people on the Grand Jury. Are some or all of them Trump supporters, and thereby overly biased and were just looking for the perfect opportunity “to stick it to” some liberals? If I was one of the defense attorneys, I’d certainly look into that possibility. I personally know plenty of Trump supporters (and have encountered many others) and none of them are exactly known to be unbiased and reasonable when it comes to politics and opposing liberals. I’m not saying every conservative who supports Trump is like that but they appear to be the exception or at least based on my experience with some Trump supporters (including relatives) during the last 5 years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I can’t help but question the integrity of the people on the Grand Jury. Are some or all of them Trump supporters, and thereby overly biased and were just looking for the perfect opportunity “to stick it to” some liberals? If I was one of the defense attorneys, I’d certainly look into that possibility. I personally know plenty of Trump supporters (and have encountered many others) and none of them are exactly known to be unbiased and reasonable when it comes to politics and opposing liberals. I’m not saying every conservative who supports Trump is like that but they appear to be the exception or at least based on my experience with some Trump supporters (including relatives) during the last 5 years.
So are you saying you support what these people did to that child?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Or perhaps what these women did actually fit the charges. I don't know the laws of that state, do you? Can you point to the sections of the laws and show us how what they did did not fit the requirements of the law?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Michael Brown was shot dead for.shoplifting. Makes sense.

No, actually he was shot for charging towards the arresting officer after escaping a tussle with the officer in which he tried to grab the officer’s gun. So there’s a little more to that story than a boy shot for simply shoplifting.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Having watched the video, I'd guess it's probably rather difficult to mount a successful defence when there is overwhelming video evidence showing the crimes being perpetrated by the accused. It may have only been a ball cap and some home made posters, but at the end of the day, stealing the cap and shredding the posters was still an aggressive, criminal, hateful act. And I'd guess the fact that the victim was a child may have been an aggravating factor.

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
No, actually he was shot for charging towards the arresting officer after escaping a tussle with the officer in which he tried to grab the officer’s gun. So there’s a little more to that story than a boy shot for simply shoplifting.

Oh, of course he was....

Upvote 0

Nokomis

Aug 17, 2020
Arkansas
✟15,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
So are you saying you support what these people did to that child?

No, of course not. What I support is these women receiving a fair trial and aren’t facing trumped up charges from possible Trump supporters on the Grand Jury. I would certainly doubt the integrity and motives of the Trump supporters on the Grand Jury, if there are any. If there are Trump supporters on the Grand Jury, then I consider that to be suspicious and I’d question if the women received a fair hand. I’d think the same of a Trump supporter who was picked to be on the jury of their peers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nokomis

Aug 17, 2020
Arkansas
✟15,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Having watched the video, I'd guess it's probably rather difficult to mount a successful defence when there is overwhelming video evidence showing the crimes being perpetrated by the accused. It may have only been a ball cap and some home made posters, but at the end of the day, stealing the cap and shredding the posters was still an aggressive, criminal, hateful act. And I'd guess the fact that the victim was a child may have been an aggravating factor.

Videos can be edited and manipulated to support someone’s narrative and political agenda.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Delaware women accused of stealing MAGA hat indicted on robbery, hate crime charges

Two Delaware women were indicted by a grand jury on charges of second-degree robbery, second-degree conspiracy, endangering the welfare of a child, third-degree assault, attempted third-degree assault, offensive touching and felony hate crimes, Delaware Online reported.

You can watch what they did in the video on the link. Maybe they're shocked to discover the actual law is going to stand up to defend those of a different political persuasion then themselves? And that actually means defending the children of those who do? Stunning that they probably imagined how this could never happen to them.
considering a hate crime is a crime motivated by the minority status of the victim this sounds more like a publicity stunt than anything else.

Reactions: Nokomis
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Maybe they're shocked... Stunning that they probably imagined how this could never happen to them.

I'm stunned that you're stunned by your own hypothesis about what these people may or may not think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Oh yes, again. Hate crime and 15 years' prison for taking a MAGA hat, in your "justice" system. You can read the OP.
No I don't support 15 years for what we see in that video. There has to be something though that truly measures the crime committed by these two individuals. It has to be made perfectly clear you just don't get away with doing things like this without experiencing some weighty penalty.

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
No I don't support 15 years for what we see in that video. There has to be something though that truly measures the crime committed by these two individuals. It has to be made perfectly clear you just don't get away with doing things like this without experiencing some weighty penalty.

I have family in the states who get their Biden signs stolen every day.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Michael Brown situation was already ruled as a justified shooting by multiple entities, not sure why people keep bringing that one up.

The Obama DOJ even acknowledged the fact that it was a justified shooting.

Person gets caught shoplifting, police tries to apprehend him (which is their job), person attempts to charge the officer and grab their gun, officer shoots. Narrative being spun "he was shot for shoplifting" is utterly dishonest and disingenous.

The Obama administration investigation, conducted by the Criminal Section of the Department of Justice Civil Rights Division, the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Missouri and the FBI, found that “the evidence does not support an indictment of [officer] Darren Wilson.”

The Obama DOJ concluded:
The shots Wilson fired “were in self-defense and thus were not objectively unreasonable under the Fourth Amendment,” which prohibits unreasonable seizures and use of force, the report said. It concluded that Wilson’s “actions do not constitute prosecutable violations under the applicable federal criminal civil rights statute, 18 U.S.C. § 242, which prohibits uses of deadly force that are ‘objectively unreasonable,’ as defined by the United States Supreme Court.”
eyewitnesses “stated that Brown appeared to pose a physical threat to Wilson as he moved toward Wilson.” The report said that the “use of deadly force is justified when the officer has ‘probable cause to believe that the suspect pose
a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others.'”

The report went on to say that there was “no credible evidence” disproving Wilson’s stated intent — that he believed Brown was a threat to him.

The Washington Post Fact Checker in March 2015 cited the DOJ report in debunking a popular belief that Brown had raised his hands in surrender and said “don’t shoot.” The DOJ investigation found: “Witness accounts suggesting that Brown was standing still with his hands raised in an unambiguous signal of surrender when Wilson shot Brown are inconsistent with the physical evidence, are otherwise not credible because of internal inconsistencies, or are not credible because of inconsistencies with other credible evidence.”

Harris, Warren Wrong About Brown Shooting - FactCheck.org

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Person shoplifts. Cop spots him and orders him to stop. Person doesn't, and that hurts the cop's feelings. So he shoots. His boss tells him to rough himself up so he looks like he was attacked, which cop does and takes a picture of it. "Justice" system exonerates him. Good, law-abiding white conservatives believe he was so stupid as to charge an officer with a gun, because apparently, that's what black people do.

And then they can't figure out why there's a Black Lives Matter movement. Surely it must be some sinister coup attempt to overthrow Trump and install a Marxist regime.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Plus he committed robbery and not just shoplifting

• Informative
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0