Two Wittnesses

Sabian

Jul 11, 2003
key's
Visit site
✟466.00
What do you think about how this man looks at it?

The Two Witnesses, Who Are They?
This question has been dealt with by many, religious associations, generally with "their" own self-interpretation, so as to promote doctrinal thinking to suit "their" beliefs. Their conclusions can only be tested one way, and that is through the Written Word in Scripture.
We must first understand, Scripture does not contradict itself; Yahweh is not the author of confusion. The Word will not deceive, or trick those who obediently believe, But, be warned! The Word will become a "stumbling block" to those who intend to deceive, even those who are deceived by false teachings.
Almighty Father has given us all we need to know for our salvation through His Word, we must be truly grateful to Him for all the extra information He has revealed through His Son, and the prophetic Writings in the Sacred Scriptures with instructions, signs, and warnings of what is to come, which all adds to the proof of His very Existence.
Let us read in Scripture about these two witnesses:
Revelation 11​
: 1 John was given a measuring rod, and told by the angel to measure the Temple, the Altar, and those that worship therein. (Here we see as in other passages of Scripture, Judgment will begin at the Temple, read Ezekiel chapters 8 & 9, and note 9:4-6. Also note: 1st Peter 4:17)

2. But the court, and everything outside the Temple is not to be measured, for it is given to the Gentiles to tread under foot forty, and two months. (Three and a half years)

3. I will give power to My two witnesses, and they shall prophesy 1260 days in sackcloth. (This is the same period the witnesses will be preaching. Rev. 12:6.)

4. These are the two olive trees, and the two lamp stands which stand before the mighty one of the earth. (Here John gives meaning to the prophecy in Zechariah 4. John tells us who this mighty one is, Revelation 9:11, 13:4-15, who will be worshipped as the Almighty as explained again later)

5. If anyone attempts to kill these witnesses, they shall devour their attackers by fire which will come out of their mouths, and if any tries a particular way to kill them, in that manner they shall be killed.
6. They will have power to stop the rain all the days of their preaching, also turn water into blood, and smite the earth with all types of plagues, as often as they will. (a type of Moses and Aaron)

7. When they are finished preaching, (completed their job), the beast which came out of the pit, shall war with them, overpower them, and kill them.
8. Their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, spiritually called Sodom, and Egypt, where our Messiah was slain. (Jerusalem!)

9. And some people on the earth will see their dead bodies lying there for three, and a half days, and will not place them in graves.
10. All people on earth, shall rejoice, and make merry, and give one another gifts, because of their death.
11. After three and a half days, the Spirit of life from Yahweh entered into them, and they stood upon their feet, and great fear fell upon those who saw them.
12. And they heard a great voice from heaven, saying; Come up hither, and they ascended in a cloud; in front of their enemies' eyes.
13. At that same moment, there was a great earthquake, and a tenth part of the city fell, seven thousand men were slain, and those left, were afraid and gave homage to the Almighty of heaven.

14. The second woe is past; look the third comes quickly.
Messiah's Words John recorded in the Book of Revelation, contains many symbols, and duel prophecies, mixed with direct literal warnings, and information for His people, which the rest of the world cannot, and will never understand until their spiritual blindness is healed. We read that even in the highest heavens there was no being who could open, or unlock this Book, except Messiah, the Lamb of Yahweh.
In dealing with prophecy there are specific factors which must be considered. #1 The time setting of the particular prophecy. #2 The place where it will happen. #3 Who or what is involved.
The time setting is very clear that these two witnesses do their Work during a sequence of events in the last days of man's rule on earth, and only after the opening of the Sixth Seal in Revelation. They appear on the scene three and a half years before the beginning of the Third and final Woe, which introduces the Second Coming of Messiah, when Yahshua Himself will perform Judgment on the earth. There is no way anyone living at this time could identify these two witnesses, who will be worthily qualified for this assignment. But when they appear believers will certainly know, and understand; yet the rest of the world will hate everything they stand for. That is why such rejoicing takes place when they are eventually killed. Their joy will be short lived, for we are told that three and half days later these witnesses are to be resurrected, this being at Messiah's Return.
The Word gives us a very clear clue as to where the witnesses will be completing their work, and finally be killed by the beast himself, Satan. Verse 8 tells us it will be where our Saviour Himself died, which was in Jerusalem. Being more specific, it was in a street (singular) in that great city (singular). Spiritually called Sodom (a symbol of immoral living) and Egypt (a symbol of total sin). Yet there is a Temple there. It is also prophesied that Jerusalem is to be trodden by the Gentiles at this period. We see most people in Jerusalem today do not recognize Yahshua as the Messiah; even mainstream Christian religions do not recognize the True Messiah.
Again the Word tells us that there are TWO witnesses, (Not two groups of witnesses) which speak out a warning to the religious leader who has assumed High priest of this worldly system. Note particularly verse 4 of the following:
2nd Thessalonians 2:1 Now we implore you, concerning the coming of our Master Yahshua the Messiah, and the gathering of His saints unto Him.
2. That you do not allow your minds to suddenly become unsettled, and thrown into confusion, neither by any revelation, or by a rumor you heard, or by a letter as coming from us, to the affect that the day of Yahweh is already here.
3. Let no man deceive you by any means, for that day will not come except there comes falling away (apostasy: rebellion against Yahweh: definite rejection of Yahweh) first, and the object of lawlessness is uncovered, the one who is doomed to destruction. (Daniel Chapter 11 )

4. Who opposes and exalts himself so proudly, and insolently against, and over all that is called by Yahweh, or that is worshipped, even to seat himself in the temple of Yahweh, and openly declaring himself as Yahweh.

5. Do you not remember, when I was yet with you, I told you of these things?
An important part of this prophecy to notice, is that of its duality, the witnesses being a type of Moses and Aaron, where they themselves stood before Pharaoh, the head of the system ruling at that period, and with the help of Yahweh they also called on plagues to befall Egypt.
Bringing all this into consideration, we are able to understand that the conclusions of sects who take on the responsibility of naming these witnesses do not in any way correspond with Scripture.
Looking at a few of their examples of what, or who they say the witnesses are, this becomes an interesting example of human reasoning:
Reincarnated Moses & Elijah: If they are resurrected as Spirits, how do they die?
The Old & New Testament: Have you heard of Writings being killed?
The Jews & the Christians: Neither follow Yahshua the Messiah!
The Catholics & World Council of Churches: Neither keep Yahweh's Laws!
A Reborn Jew, and a Christian: In Messiah there is only One Body!
Jehovah Witnesses named two men in the early years: But they are Dead!
World Wide Church of God named their leader & his son: The father has died!
And so they go on trying to satisfy themselves, according to human ingenuity. The world has not seen the end of this sort of speculation.
Let us look again into what we have been told though Scripture.
These particular witnesses will do Yahweh's bidding in the very last days, immediately before Messiah's Coming.
These Two Witnesses will have the gift of the Separated (Holy) Spirit, hence the symbol of the olive trees, and the two oil lamps standing before the deity of the earth. Olive trees supply the oil representing the Separated Spirit, and the lamps represent the two messengers being alive with the Spirit.
They will both be preaching using the True Names of the Eternal, and His Son, and applying all the laws of Yahweh, concerning the Sabbath, and the Sacred Days, according to the Word, and will confirm all their preaching in the authority of Yahshua the Messiah.
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]In conclusion:[/font]

True believers who hold Scripture as their absolute authority to guide them into the only "way of life", would not attempt to name, or guess who these witnesses are going to be. As we have seen in the past with those who do such things only lead to self esteem on the part of the sect, or persons involved. True believers know that these witnesses, who ever they are, will be revealed by our Almighty Father in His Time, as the last days approach.
Almighty Father's people are to stay alert at all times, keeping close to the Word of Yahweh in obedience, and prayer, and to Watch out on the developments happening on the earth at all times, especially now as the final day of man's rule is fast approaching. I repeat, Yahweh will reveal these two Witnesses in His time.
Just pray, should you be preserved at this time, that you will be backing, and encouraging these servants of Yahweh, and not belong to those of the world who will not be able to tolerate or comprehend their preaching, and wish them dead.
Yahweh be with you in your studies of His Word, in Yahshua the Messiah's Great Name.
Compiled by: Lionel C. Gets

SonWorshipper

Old Timer
Jan 15, 2002
✟10,769.00
Faith
Messianic

I just read Zachariah 4 again and the L-rd really showed me something here. It says:

12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the LORD of the whole earth.

This is what the L-rd showed me:

There are two branches mentioned ( not trees as in 4:3 where it says TREES) filling the Menorah with oil, the

"oil of the Spirit"? ( see the Messianic seal for more on this).

Now they are both olive branches but I think that one is a natural olive branch and the other is a wild olive branch and coincides with Romans 11:24 Therefore my conclusion is that the two witnesses are as in Jew and Gentile, ONE in Messiah ( Menorah).

Upvote 0
Enoch is another popular opinion for one of the witnesses.

I doubt it is a literal reincarnation of two of the old prophets. God said He would send Elijah to prepare the way of the Messiah. When John the Baptist was asked "Are you Elijah?" he said "No." As far as he knew, he was John. But Jesus said John was the Elijah that was to come... So I take that to mean that the original prophecy was designating a "type" of Elijah, not actually a reincarnated Elijah coming... The same is probably true for the 2 witnesses.

Upvote 0

koilias

Ancient Hassid in the making
Aug 16, 2003
Cambridge MA
Visit site
✟1,388.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Yes two types of people, collectively.

When Israel stood before HaShem at Sinai, they stood as "ONE MAN", the Torah says.

In order to judge the world, HaShem first requires two witnesses, to testify of its murderous deeds. Two collective people, unified.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

koilias

Ancient Hassid in the making
Aug 16, 2003
Cambridge MA
Visit site
✟1,388.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I never thought of my name that way...I would certainly not claim that authority! But I do long for His voice to ring in my heart. I named myself that because I want to drink from the springs of Yeshuah's heart! LOL...it makes sense that Yeshuah's inward parts (Koilias--Hb: Me'im) are the source of God's Cry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

israelthebride

ONE BODY
Jan 15, 2002
Elmendorf, Texas
Visit site
✟543.00
Faith
Messianic
The Broken BRANCHES of ISRAEL

JER 11:16 YH’SHWH called you a thriving olive tree with fruit beautiful in form. But with the roar of a mighty storm HE will set it on fire, and its branches will be broken.

JER 11:17 Almighty YH’SHWH, who planted you, has decreed disaster for you, because the House of ISRAEL and the House of YEHUDAH have done evil and provoked me to anger by burning incense to Baal.

______

RO 11:11 Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salvation has come to the gentiles (Greek: helenists; unbelievers) to make ISRAEL envious. 12 But if their transgression means riches for the world, and their loss means riches for the unbelievers, how much greater riches will their fullness bring!

RO 11:13 I am talking to you gentiles (Greek: helenists; unbelievers). Inasmuch as I am the apostle to the gentiles (Greek: helenists; unbelievers), I make much of my ministry 14 in the hope that I may somehow arouse my own people to envy and save some of them. 15 For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16 If the part of the dough offered as FIRSTFRUITs is HOLY, then the whole batch is HOLY; if the ROOT is HOLY, so are the BRANCHES.

RO 11:17 If some of the BRANCHES have been broken off, (Jeremiah 11:16) and you, though a wild olive shoot, have been grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing sap from the olive ROOT, 18 do not boast over those BRANCHES. If you do, consider this: You do not support the ROOT, but the ROOT supports you. 19 You will say then, "BRANCHES were broken off so that I could be grafted in." 20 Granted. But they were broken off because of unbelief, and you stand by FAITH. Do not be arrogant, but be afraid. 21 For if YHWH did not spare the original BRANCHES (in Jeremiah 11:16), he will not spare you either.

RO 11:22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of YHWH: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in HIS kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off. 23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for YHWH is able to graft them in again. 24 After all, if you were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the other BRANCHES, be grafted into their own olive tree!

RO 11:25 I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers, so that you may not be conceited: ISRAEL has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the gentiles (Greek: helenists; unbelievers) has come in 26 so ALL of ISRAEL will be saved, as it is written:

"The deliverer will come from Zion;
HE will take godlessness away from Jacob.

RO 11:27 And this is MY COVENANT with them
when I take away their sin."

_______

ZEC 4:11 Then I asked the angel, "What are these TWO OLIVE BRANCHES on the right and the left of the lampstand?"

ZEC 4:12 Again I asked him, "What are these TWO OLIVE BRANCHES beside the two gold pipes that pour out golden oil?"

ZEC 4:13 He replied, "Do you not know what these are?"
"No, my lord," I said.

ZEC 4:14 So he said, "These are the TWO who are ANNOINTED to serve the MASTER of all the earth."

REV 11:5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

REV 11:6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

REV 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

REV 11:8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

REV 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

REV 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

REV 11:11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

REV 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

_______

The BRANCHES were broken off. (Jeremiah 11:16)

The BRANCHES will come together. (Romans 11)

The BRANCHES are prophesised to become ONE. (Zechariah 4) (Revelation 11)
_______

All of YH’SHWH’s PEOPLE

All

who submit to YH'SHWH'S GRACE, YH’SHWH’s SALVATION,

through HIMSELF as MESSIAH, and to YH’SHWH’s HOLY

SPIRIT and HIS WORD/LAW (Genesis to Revelation) are

YH’SHWH’s PEOPLE;

And must be grafted

into HIS BODY, HIS PEOPLE.

YH’SHWH’s PLAN:

Romans 11:25 Until “the full number” of unbelievers come in (into ISRAEL, HIS PEOPLE)

Romans 11:26 “so that ALL of ISRAEL will be SAVED”!!!

JER 23:28 The prophet that hath a dream, let him tell a dream; and he that hath my word, let him speak my word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat? saith the LORD.

JER 23:29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

WE are ONE PEOPLE!!!

WE are YH’SHWH's PEOPLE!!!

WE are ONE!!!

LOVE, RICOEL

Upvote 0

ImAHebrew

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟67,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Shalom All,

I like to look at things in a spiritual/symbolic sense. To understand the Spiritual, one must FIRST look at the physical. The Two Witnesses’ identity are revealed by looking at the physical (physical Israel). Within the history of physical Israel, there were two physical temples (Solomon’s & Zerubbabel’s). The first temple (Solomon’s) is a picture or shadow of the 1st Apostolic Assembly that existed in the 1st century AD. This Spiritual Temple testified to the world as a faithful witness. Their testimony was the True Gospel according to the Word of Elohim. In essense, their testimony was the Witness or Word of El which Yahweh made THROUGH them. Their stand in the Word was in actuality, Yahweh witnessing to the world, and this is verified to us by what Yahweh wrote through the prophet Micah:
Micah 1:2 Hear, all ye people; hearken, O earth, and all that therein is: and let Yahweh Elohim be witness against you, Yahweh from his holy temple.
Yahweh does witness against/to this world through or from His temple. His Spiritual Temple is the Body of Yahshua. It is the expressed goal or commission of Yahshua’s Body to witness to the world (Matt 28:19). This is what the 1st Assembly did:
Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
The Gospel is the testimony of the Witnesses. The 1st Witness gave it’s testimony, and then followed Yahshua. They were martyred. The 1st Witness died. Just as the 1st physical temple was destroyed, so also, the 1st Spiritual Temple/Witness was destroyed. Not one Living stone was left upon another. The destruction of the Assembly came as a result of confusion/Babylon. This is evidenced to us by what the Apostle Paul warned to the Assembly at Ephesus. He warned with tears for 3 years that the flock would not be spared:
Acts 20: 29 I know that after my departing grievous wolves shall enter in among you, not sparing the flock;
This destruction of the Temple was complete. The 1st Witness was put to death. But before Yahweh can enter into judgment with this world, there has to be a 2nd Witness. This world must hear again the True Gospel of Elohim. This is why a 2nd physical temple was constructed (Zerubbabel’s). The Spirit is showing us that a 2nd (leg/arm) of Yahshua’s Body must be brought back from confusion/Babylon to give a testimony that is according to the Word of Elohim. The world must hear the True Gospel a 2nd time, and it will be given by those who are of Yahshua's Body, those who have come forth out of confusion. Zerubbabel’s name is interpreted as “to flow forth from Babel.” Yahweh wants His 2nd Temple/Witness to flow forth or come out of confusion. This is what the Spirit wants us to hear and see. May we all have good spiritual hearing and sight.

Blessings in The Name,

ImAHebrew

Upvote 0

israelthebride

ONE BODY
Jan 15, 2002
Elmendorf, Texas
Visit site
✟543.00
Faith
Messianic
You are correct in saying that YH'SHWH is our physical TEMPLE.
And WHO is HIS BODY?

According to those who call themselves Jews, of this world:

Judaism, unlike the Christianity, does not believe that the Messiah is Jesus.

The noun moshiach (translated as messiah) annotatively means "annointed one;" it does not, however, imply "savior." The notion of an innocent, semi-divine being who will sacrifice himself to save us from the consequences of our own sins is a purely Christian concept that has no basis in Jewish thought or scripture. In Judaic texts, the term messiah was used for all kings, high priests, certain warriors, but never eschatological figures. In the Tanach, moshiach is used 38 times: two patriarchs, six high priests, once for Cyrus, 29 Israelite kings such as Saul and David. Not once is the word moshiach used in reference to the awaited Messiah. Even in the apocalyptic book of Daniel, the only time moshiach is mentioned is in connection to a murdered high priest. The Dead Sea Scrolls, the Pseudepigrapha, and Apocrypha never mention the Messiah.

The man destined to be the Messiah will be a direct descendant of King David (Isaiah 11:1) through the family of Solomon, David's son (1 Chronicles 22:9-l0). He will cause all the world to serve God together (Isaiah 11:2), be wiser than Solomon (Mishnah Torah Repentance 9:2), greater than the patriarchs and prophets (Aggadah Genesis 67), and more honored than kings (Mishnah Sanhedrin 10), for he will reign as king of the world (Pirkei Eliezer).

Amongst the most basic missions that the Messiah will accomplish during his lifetime (Isaiah 42:4) are to:

Oversee the rebuilding of Jerusalem, including the Third Temple, in the event that it has not yet been rebuilt (Michah 4:1 and Ezekiel 40-45)

Gather the Jewish people from all over the world and bring them home to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 11:12; 27:12-13)

Influence every individual of every nation to abandon and be ashamed of their former beliefs (or non-beliefs) and acknowledge and serve only the One True God of Israel (Isaiah 11:9-10; 40:5 and Zephaniah 3:9)

Bring about global peace throughout the world (Isaiah 2:4; 11:5-9 and Michah 4:3-4).

There are over a dozen additional prophecies which the Messiah will also achieve (there is no mention of any “second coming” in the Tanach or the New Testament). In order to avoid identifying the wrong individual as Messiah, the Code of Jewish Law dictates criteria for establishing the Messiah's identity (Mishnah Torah Kings 11:4):

"If a king arises from the House of David who meditates on the Torah, occupies himself with the commandments as did his ancestor King David, observes the commandments of the Written and Oral Law, prevails upon all Israel to walk in the way of the Torah and to follow its direction, and fights the wars of God, it may be assumed that he is the Messiah.

If he does these things and is fully successful, rebuilds the Third Temple on its location, and gathers the exiled Jews, he is beyond doubt the Messiah. But if he is not fully successful, or if he is killed, he is not the Messiah."

This is the belief of ISRAEL, the BRIDE of YH'SHWH Ministry:
WE, MESSIAH'S BODY / HIS BRIDE /
HIS Third TEMPLE,
are responsible to move
as HIS BODY, here on earth,
and accomplish these things
to get ourselves ready for HIS RETURN.

Oversee the rebuilding of Jerusalem, including the Third Temple, in the event that it has not yet been rebuilt (Michah 4:1 and Ezekiel 40-45)

Gather ALL HIS PEOPLE from all over the world and bring them home to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 11:12; 27:12-13)

Influence every individual of every nation to abandon and be ashamed of their former beliefs (or non-beliefs) and acknowledge and serve only the One True God of Israel (Isaiah 11:9-10; 40:5 and Zephaniah 3:9)

Then the 1,000 years
Bring about global peace throughout the world (Isaiah 2:4; 11:5-9 and Michah 4:3-4).

WE are ONE!!!

LOVE, RICOEL

WE,
ISRAEL, the BRIDE of YH'SHWH Ministry,
Believe that WE,
HIS BODY / HIS BRIDE / HIS PEOPLE,
are HIS Third TEMPLE.

YH'SHWH is the HOLY of HOLIES.

Upvote 0

ImAHebrew

Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
St. Louis, MO
Visit site
✟67,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Shalom Israelthebride,

First of all, I must thank you for your friendship with my brother Spying. Then secondly, thank you for responding to me, if indeed you did. Your post was just 33 minutes after mine so I suspect you were speaking to me. But I was a little puzzled. I don't recall saying what you quoted me as saying:
You are correct in saying that YH'SHWH is our physical TEMPLE.
I'm not trying to be contentious here, but I did not try to infer that YH'SHWH is our physical TEMPLE. Where or how did you glean that out of what I wrote? It's just the opposite. The main theme of what I wrote portrayed that the PHYSICAL temples (Solomon's and Zerubbabel's) were types/shadows of the Spiritual Temple (Yahshua's Body/The Assembly). The first physical temple (Solomon's) was a type or shadow of the first Apostolic Assembly (The Church/Temple which was built upon the Mashiach/Prophets/Apostles/ect...1st century AD). The second physical temple was a type or shadow of the Assembly/Church which is built by the exiles that are returning from Babylon/confusion. This Spiritual Assembly/Temple is being built in OUR timeframe, at or right before the return of Mashiach.

Concerning your question:
And WHO is HIS BODY?
His Body is comprised of those who are controlled by the Head, and then continue in following His directives.

Concerning a Third Temple. There may very well be a third physical temple built, and if there is, it will be a type or shadow of the Third Spiritual Temple. The timeframe for a Third Spiritual Temple (in my opinion), would take place AFTER the 1000 year rest of the 7th day Shabbat.

Please let me know if I haven't made my thoughts on this clear enough? :blush:

Blessings in The Name,
ImAHebrew

Upvote 0