USA
✟298,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's interesting to note that, when God showed up, He asked Job some seventy questions, all pertaining to creation.

I'd love to see Him do the same to a physics professor.

I'm available at any time.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm available at any time.
Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

Job 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The Antichrist just may be a superscientist; using science to recruit those left behind to line up to take the Mark.

For those left behind who couldn't care less about science ... well ... they won't be able to buy or sell without it.

What is your purpose here, in this thread and on this sub-forum?

This was an inactive thread from April that seems to have been mostly civil and its length driven mostly by interactions with a couple of creationists, none of which were you. It ended naturally without intervention of the moderators. Then you replied to it to interject your "history not science" will defeat evolution comment in a thread that had been inactive for 3 months. In trying to suss out the meaning of this comment, you bring up other notions like evolution being "of the Devil", a notion that is odd to most Christians who accept various forms of evolution, and I suspect many creationists.

You could start your own thread about evolution and the devil (perhaps on the Christians-only equivalent where the theological discussions may be appropriate). Why not do that?

Are you trying to get this thread locked?

Are you trying to bait some of us into violating the rules?

Let's stick to the whole E/C thing and leave the theology to other boards.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Job 38:4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

Job 38:5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Do you have a version of these verses that *isn't* written in archaic English. It's very hard to understand this out-of-date text.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Let's stick to the whole E/C thing and leave the theology to other boards.

Unfortunately since most creationists don't know anything about evolution or creationism, it seems that such discussions are hard to come by.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Unfortunately since most creationists don't know anything about evolution or creationism, it seems that such discussions are hard to come by.

Yeah, this board is a bit of a mess, but AV tries to draw the discussion into corners and out of policy.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you have a version of these verses that *isn't* written in archaic English. It's very hard to understand this out-of-date text.
Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

For the record, I use these two verses here ... a lot.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, this board is a bit of a mess, but AV tries to draw the discussion into corners and out of policy.
So much for being available at any time.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

I figure he's here for the arguments, just like the rest of us.

Though I'm not quite sure why he's fixated on the C/E forum though, since he has little to contribute in that regard. Though again, the same is true of most creationists these days... :/

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Job 38:6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

For the record, I use these two verses here ... a lot.

OK, now at least I can read it and it's mildly more comprehensible. It is using a lot of poetic language and it lacks context.

What "thereof" are the foundations fastened?
What "cornerstone"?
Who are the "sons of God"?
What does any of this matter to anything?

I could go get my bible and read the context, but it's in a different room, and I'm not the person who thought these verses were a reply to something.

[If the discussion isn't about the contents of a particular verse, I usually just skip the quotations for reading speed.]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So much for being available at any time.

My "at any time" is not about you. It is a serious (not mocking) statement that if Yahweh wants to ask me questions or quiz me about physics he can ask me directly and I will respond.

If you have a question about physics, write a new thread in the parent P&LS board with a title like "Physics question" and I or some other informed person will try to answer it.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OK, now at least I can read it and it's mildly more comprehensible. It is using a lot of poetic language and it lacks context.

What "thereof" are the foundations fastened?
What "cornerstone"?
Who are the "sons of God"?
What does any of this matter to anything?

I could go get my bible and read the context, but it's in a different room, and I'm not the person who thought these verses were a reply to something.

[If the discussion isn't about the contents of a particular verse, I usually just skip the quotations for reading speed.]
You ARE a physics professor, aren't you?

(Or were?)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,906,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My "at any time" is not about you. It is a serious (not mocking) statement that if Yahweh wants to ask me questions or quiz me about physics he can ask me directly and I will respond.

If you have a question about physics, write a new thread in the parent P&LS board with a title like "Physics question" and I or some other informed person will try to answer it.
Who's "Yahweh"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟259,883.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If Evolution is true, then we are just a bag of molecules put together by time and chance.
Hmmm, no. If evolution is true we are the offspring of two sexually reproducing members of our species that developed during it's life time.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,229.00
Faith
Atheist
Hmmm, no. If evolution is true we are the offspring of two sexually reproducing members of our species that developed during it's life time.
Both are descriptions are true in their own ways; but your description is more accurate, useful and interesting - how the molecules are arranged and how they came to be arranged that way is significant. The same molecules arranged at random would be uninteresting and useless (except as fertiliser).

Upvote 0

cutterfl

Apr 19, 2008
✟15,331.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
As I like to say: They are not interested in knowing. They merely want excuses to believe.
there is a clear distinction between humans and apes. Apes have under 650 cc brain and sameish length of arms and legs...humans have plus 850cc in brain and unequal length arms and legs, making it impossible to walk on all 4s.

Upvote 0