Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
More opinion with no scripture.

That seems to sum up your Theology.

The law of Moses has been abolished, because the Seed has come, and fulfilled the law.

For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, Ephesians 2:14-15

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.
Galatians 3:19

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Matthew 5:17-18

Jesus fulfilled the law.

We no longer sacrifice animals for our sin.

We are no longer under the Levitical priesthood.

We are no longer required to become physically circumcised.

And on and on and on...

For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace. Romans 6:14

JLB
If you are under grace, then grace is above you and you are beneath grace. This means you have not obtained grace. Grace is above you. It is clear according to the scriptures that Yeshua did not come to destroy the law. Paul the son of a Pharisee wrote about the "enmity" that was abolished. Enmity is hatred, we know because G-d loved the world he sent his Son into the world. Enmity is the opposite of love.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you are under grace, then grace is above you and you are beneath grace.

Grace is the Holy Spirit; the power to do what we could not do without it.

That why He is called the Spirit of grace.

Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? Hebrews 10:28-29

• counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

Grace teaches us -

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, Titus 2:11-12

Those who were under the law of Moses, were obligated to obey the law.

We who are now under grace, are under obligation to obey grace: The Spirit of Christ.

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Romans 8:14

JLB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gup20

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2019
Albertville
✟157,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The strength of sin is the law. The law is good and holy. If you reject the law of Moses how can you truthfully claim you are saved from sin when sin is lawlessness?
I don't reject the Law of Moses. I believe it is essential. I believe it was given so that Messiah could have a legal definition for being declared justifiably righteous. The purpose of the Law was two fold: first, it was to disqualify all humanity from being righteous in and of themselves. Second, it was to justify Messiah as righteous so that he could share that righteousness with the world.

The Law should rightfully disqualify everyone so that their only option is to turn to the righteousness of faith to be justified, rather than the law. This is not to say there is anything wrong with The Law... there is not. But it has never and will never and can never justify a sinner to life. In is wholly inadequate for that. What it CAN do is justify AS righteous a person who has never sinned... a feat that, until Jesus Christ, had never been accomplished. That was absolutely critical for righteousness coming into the world.

[Rom 3:21-24 NASB] 21 But now apart from the Law [the] righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even [the] righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;

[Rom 3:10 NASB] 10 as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;

[Psa 53:1-3 NASB] 1 For the choir director; according to Mahalath. A Maskil of David. The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God," They are corrupt, and have committed abominable injustice; There is no one who does good. 2 God has looked down from heaven upon the sons of men To see if there is anyone who understands, Who seeks after God. 3 Every one of them has turned aside; together they have become corrupt; There is no one who does good, not even one.

[Hab 2:4 NASB] 4 "Behold, as for the proud one, His soul is not right within him; But the righteous will live by his faith.

[Gal 3:11-13, 19-26 NASB] 11 Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, "THE RIGHTEOUS MAN SHALL LIVE BY FAITH." 12 However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, "HE WHO PRACTICES THEM SHALL LIVE BY THEM." 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us--for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON A TREE"-- ... 19 Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made. 20 Now a mediator is not for one [party only;] whereas God is [only] one. 21 Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law. 22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. 23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. 24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor [to lead us] to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.​

• Winner
Reactions: pinacled
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't reject the Law of Moses. I believe it is essential. I believe it was given so that Messiah could have a legal definition for being declared justifiably righteous. The purpose of the Law was two fold: first, it was to disqualify all humanity from being righteous in and of themselves. Second, it was to justify Messiah as righteous so that he could share that righteousness with the world.

The Law should rightfully disqualify everyone so that their only option is to turn to the righteousness of faith to be justified, rather than the law. This is not to say there is anything wrong with The Law... there is not. But it has never and will never and can never justify a sinner to life. In is wholly inadequate for that. What it CAN do is justify AS righteous a person who has never sinned... a feat that, until Jesus Christ, had never been accomplished. That was absolutely critical for righteousness coming into the world.

[Rom 3:21-24 NASB] 21 But now apart from the Law [the] righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even [the] righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;

[Rom 3:10 NASB] 10 as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;

[Psa 53:1-3 NASB] 1 For the choir director; according to Mahalath. A Maskil of David. The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God," They are corrupt, and have committed abominable injustice; There is no one who does good. 2 God has looked down from heaven upon the sons of men To see if there is anyone who understands, Who seeks after God. 3 Every one of them has turned aside; together they have become corrupt; There is no one who does good, not even one.

[Hab 2:4 NASB] 4 "Behold, as for the proud one, His soul is not right within him; But the righteous will live by his faith.

[Gal 3:11-13, 19-26 NASB] 11 Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, "THE RIGHTEOUS MAN SHALL LIVE BY FAITH." 12 However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, "HE WHO PRACTICES THEM SHALL LIVE BY THEM." 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us--for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON A TREE"-- ... 19 Why the Law then? It was added because of transgressions, having been ordained through angels by the agency of a mediator, until the seed would come to whom the promise had been made. 20 Now a mediator is not for one [party only;] whereas God is [only] one. 21 Is the Law then contrary to the promises of God? May it never be! For if a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law. 22 But the Scripture has shut up everyone under sin, so that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. 23 But before faith came, we were kept in custody under the law, being shut up to the faith which was later to be revealed. 24 Therefore the Law has become our tutor [to lead us] to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.​

The law of Moses was for the children of Israel in the land of Israel.

The law of Moses was the dividing wall between Jew and Gentile, and had to be removed so that the one new man from the two, could be established.

Now in Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile.

JLB

Upvote 0

Gup20

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2019
Albertville
✟157,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The law of Moses was for the children of Israel in the land of Israel.
Agreed.

The law of Moses was the dividing wall between Jew and Gentile, and had to be removed so that the one new man from the two, could be established.

Now in Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile.

JLB
I do not agree that the Law of Moses had to be removed. Rather, the law was "fulfilled." It fulfilled its purpose and did so effectively.

• Agree
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do not agree that the Law of Moses had to be removed. Rather, the law was "fulfilled." It fulfilled its purpose and did so effectively.

For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, Ephesians 2:14-15

• and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances

He abolished in His flesh the enmity, the hostility, the hatred, or animosity between Jew and Gentile which was the law of commandments contained in ordinances.

• so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,

“So as” means for the purpose of.

He abolished in His flesh the hostility between Jew and Gentile, which is the law of commandments contained in ordinances, for the purpose of creating in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace.

So yes, the law has been removed, abolished in His flesh, nailed to the cross and taken out of the way, having become obsolete.

Because Jesus fulfilled it, it was abolished.

Look at the language Jesus uses concerning this -

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Matthew 5:17-18

Jesus plainly says He came to fulfill the law.

In the next verse He says nothing will pass from the law, until it is fulfilled.

The law of Moses was “added” to the covenant “until” the Seed should come and fulfill it.

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.

• It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come

By saying “until”, the Spirit is indicating the law was temporary.

JLB

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

Gup20

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2019
Albertville
✟157,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

• and has broken down the middle wall of separation, having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances

He abolished in His flesh the enmity, the hostility, the hatred, or animosity between Jew and Gentile which was the law of commandments contained in ordinances.

• so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,

“So as” means for the purpose of.

He abolished in His flesh the hostility between Jew and Gentile, which is the law of commandments contained in ordinances, for the purpose of creating in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace.

So yes, the law has been removed, abolished in His flesh, nailed to the cross and taken out of the way, having become obsolete.

Because Jesus fulfilled it, it was abolished.

Look at the language Jesus uses concerning this -

Jesus plainly says He came to fulfill the law.

In the next verse He says nothing will pass from the law, until it is fulfilled.

The law of Moses was “added” to the covenant “until” the Seed should come and fulfill it.

• It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come

By saying “until”, the Spirit is indicating the law was temporary.

JLB
Only insomuch as it no longer enslaves us... The Law will continue to be good, and be able to teach us about God. Jesus said "If you love me, then keep my commandments." It's not that the law disappears, but that it was fulfilled, completed, and performed it's full function.

The law will "exist" so long as Jesus' righteousness exists which is forever because Jesus' was declared righteous by The Law. This is not to say we have to keep the law. The keeping of the law has been abolished, but the law itself will be an everlasting testament to righteousness.

• Winner
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Only insomuch as it no longer enslaves us... The Law will continue to be good, and be able to teach us about God.

I think you are referring to the Torah.

The law of Moses was the covenant that was added temporarily to the Abrahamic Covenant until the Seed should come and fulfill it.

It did not include Gentiles, unless they became physically circumcised.

It was meant for the children of Israel who dwelled in the land of Israel, and required them to travel to back to Jerusalem for the Passover and remain through Pentecost, which was for the purpose of them eventually hearing the Gospel and being saved, then remaining for the baptism of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost.

Then they would return and spread the Gospel.

JLB

Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Only insomuch as it no longer enslaves us... The Law will continue to be good, and be able to teach us about God. Jesus said "If you love me, then keep my commandments." It's not that the law disappears, but that it was fulfilled, completed, and performed it's full function.

The law will "exist" so long as Jesus' righteousness exists which is forever because Jesus' was declared righteous by The Law. This is not to say we have to keep the law. The keeping of the law has been abolished, but the law itself will be an everlasting testament to righteousness.
The "keeping" of the law has not been abolished. Even Moses in his anger destroyed or abolished the tablets of precious stone with the law written on them, G-d wrote the law again on tablets of stone. We still have a copy of that law of Moses written by the finger from YHWH. Although it is not in the hearts of men to keep or honor the law.

Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

The law of commandments should not be CONTAINED in ordinances.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gup20

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2019
Albertville
✟157,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "keeping" of the law has not been abolished. Even Moses in his anger destroyed or abolished the tablets of precious stone with the law written on them, G-d wrote the law again on tablets of stone. We still have a copy of that law of Moses written by the finger from YHWH. Although it is not in the hearts of men to keep or honor the law.
Keeping the Law is good, but it is not a requirement for righteousness. Faith alone can provide this.

There is a saying that my dad always says... he says "If you know the right way, you can do it the wrong way and still get the job done." What he meant was, if you know WHY something is the way it is, you can do it another way that still accomplishes the same goal but may provide other essential solutions.

This is true of The Law. Since we no longer have to rely on it for righteousness, we can look to it's intent and purpose to see what truth it holds for us who are no longer under the law. Referring to loving God and loving people as yourself Jesus said "upon these hang all the law and all the prophets." The purpose of the Law was to show people how to relate in love to God and to others. The Holy Spirit can lead us in this without The Law... or we can learn the "why" from what we read in the law to understand the principles.

Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Keeping the Law is good, but it is not a requirement for righteousness. Faith alone can provide this.

There is a saying that my dad always says... he says "If you know the right way, you can do it the wrong way and still get the job done." What he meant was, if you know WHY something is the way it is, you can do it another way that still accomplishes the same goal but may provide other essential solutions.

This is true of The Law. Since we no longer have to rely on it for righteousness, we can look to it's intent and purpose to see what truth it holds for us who are no longer under the law. Referring to loving God and loving people as yourself Jesus said "upon these hang all the law and all the prophets." The purpose of the Law was to show people how to relate in love to God and to others. The Holy Spirit can lead us in this without The Law... or we can learn the "why" from what we read in the law to understand the principles.
If you win a race by doing the wrong thing, you may be disqualified from the prize.

Upvote 0

Gup20

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2019
Albertville
✟157,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you win a race by doing the wrong thing, you may be disqualified from the prize.
Romans 9:16 (NASB)
So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.​

it is quite the point that we have never done the right thing & needed a champion to run for us.

Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Romans 9:16 (NASB)
So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.​

it is quite the point that we have never done the right thing & needed a champion to run for us.
Yeshua won the race by honoring Torah law. Yeshua kept the law faithfully.

• Agree
Reactions: Gup20
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Paul the Pharisee says you should follow him as he follows Christ. Paul the son of a Pharisee was circumcised on the 8th day. Yeshua was circumcised on the 8th day. All runners must run the race according to the rules of the race; every runner must compete for the prize on the same track!

Upvote 0

Gup20

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2019
Albertville
✟157,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul the Pharisee says you should follow him as he follows Christ. Paul the son of a Pharisee was circumcised on the 8th day. Yeshua was circumcised on the 8th day. All runners must run the race according to the rules of the race; every runner must compete for the prize on the same track!
[Gal 2:3-4, 7, 9, 13-14, 20-21 NASB] 3 But not even Titus, who was with me, though he was a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised. 4 But [it was] because of the false brethren secretly brought in, who had sneaked in to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, in order to bring us into bondage. ... 7 But on the contrary, seeing that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter [had been] to the circumcised ... 9 and recognizing the grace that had been given to me, James and Cephas and John, who were reputed to be pillars, gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, so that we [might] [go] to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. ... 13 The rest of the Jews joined him in hypocrisy, with the result that even Barnabas was carried away by their hypocrisy. 14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in the presence of all, "If you, being a Jew, live like the Gentiles and not like the Jews, how [is it that] you compel the Gentiles to live like Jews? ... 20 "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the [life] which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. 21 "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness [comes] through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."​

The whole point of Galatians 1-2 is to dispell the "false gospel" hypocrisy of saying Gentiles needed to be circumcised in the flesh to be saved.

In fact, Gentiles (and Jews) are circumcised in the spirit when they are filled with the Holy Spirit, which is a fulfillment of The Law that a man be circumcised.

[Deu 30:6 NASB] 6 "Moreover the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live.

[Rom 2:28-29 NASB] 28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. 29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.​

Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
[Gal 2:3-4, 7, 9, 13-14, 20-21 NASB] 3 But not even Titus, who was with me, though he was a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised. 4 But [it was] because of the false brethren secretly brought in, who had sneaked in to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, in order to bring us into bondage. ... 7 But on the contrary, seeing that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter [had been] to the circumcised ... 9 and recognizing the grace that had been given to me, James and Cephas and John, who were reputed to be pillars, gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, so that we [might] [go] to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. ... 13 The rest of the Jews joined him in hypocrisy, with the result that even Barnabas was carried away by their hypocrisy. 14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in the presence of all, "If you, being a Jew, live like the Gentiles and not like the Jews, how [is it that] you compel the Gentiles to live like Jews? ... 20 "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the [life] which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. 21 "I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness [comes] through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."​

The whole point of Galatians 1-2 is to dispell the "false gospel" hypocrisy of saying Gentiles needed to be circumcised in the flesh to be saved.

In fact, Gentiles (and Jews) are circumcised in the spirit when they are filled with the Holy Spirit, which is a fulfillment of The Law that a man be circumcised.

[Deu 30:6 NASB] 6 "Moreover the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live.

[Rom 2:28-29 NASB] 28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh. 29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.​
"Circumcision on the 8th day" in the flesh must be performed from the heart. If circumcision is done with deceit like Levi and Simeon with respect to Dinah, this is what Paul the Pharisee is discussing. Circumcision must be taught in pure truth.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Gup20

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2019
Albertville
✟157,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Circumcision on the 8th day" in the flesh must be performed from the heart. If circumcision is done with deceit like Levi and Simeon with respect to Dinah, this is what Paul the Pharisee is discussing. Circumcision must be taught in pure truth.
Romans 3:21 (NASB)
But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,

Romans 4:13 (NASB)
For the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Romans 10:4 (NASB)
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Philippians 3:9 (NASB)
and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

Romans 2:28 (NASB)
For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh.
29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

1 Corinthians 7:19 (NASB)
Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God.

Galatians 5:2 (NASB)
Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you.

Galatians 5:6 (NASB)
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love.

Galatians 6:15 (NASB)
For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.

Philippians 3:3 (NASB)
for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh,

Colossians 2:11 (NASB)
and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ;

Paul is abundantly clear that circumcision in the flesh is irrelevant and of no benefit to the believer who obtains his righteousness through faith rather than through the law.

Upvote 0

Mercy74

Mercy Messianic Judaism
Mar 15, 2017
Usa
✟52,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Romans 3:21 (NASB)
But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,

Romans 4:13 (NASB)
For the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith.

Romans 10:4 (NASB)
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Philippians 3:9 (NASB)
and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

Romans 2:28 (NASB)
For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh.
29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

1 Corinthians 7:19 (NASB)
Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God.

Galatians 5:2 (NASB)
Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you.

Galatians 5:6 (NASB)
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love.

Galatians 6:15 (NASB)
For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.

Philippians 3:3 (NASB)
for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh,

Colossians 2:11 (NASB)
and in Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, in the removal of the body of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ;

Paul is abundantly clear that circumcision in the flesh is irrelevant and of no benefit to the believer who obtains his righteousness through faith rather than through the law.
Did Paul the son of a Pharisee say that "Circumcision on the 8th day" is irrelevant? Circumcision on the 8th day is a command of G-d. Keeping the commandments of G-d is what matters; faith working through love.

Upvote 0