San Antonio
✟30,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Divorced
Any "pastor" who teaches that meek means "strength under control" and that "Abba means daddy" is guilty of two false teachings. You can be assured that all of the E.C. "pastors" all teach both! How many times or the number of doctrines does a false teacher have to be guilty of before a person chooses to stop listening? Lying about what Scripture teaches is always wrong! God does not give any person permission or license to change His word! That practice in itself is damnable!
It is also true that some things are more dangerous and damaging than others. If a person believed these two false teachings but learned the truth about the rest of the Scripture, they would still be in good shape, information-wise. But this next one is very dangerous and causes people to believe in "another god," a super sweet, soft, and cuddly god that comes from the "Traditions of Men," the god vigorously taught and proclaimed by the E.C. world.
This false doctrine, which makes me cringe and irks me every time I hear it, is that Agape means "unconditional love," that God not only loves all people, but He loves all people unconditionally!
Where did this teaching come from? When did this teaching start? Who was the first to teach this? Well, of course, there is no linguistic proof of this. There is no printed reference work, (except perhaps some newer works I'm not aware of,) that I have looked at that defines agape to mean: unconditional love. Not one! The proof of this is not found in books, but only from what is said from behind the E.C. pulpits, the ignorant people on the net, and any book or article written by one from the E.C. world. In other words, this is a teaching from the "Traditions of Men," not Scripture!
Hebrew words translated into the English word love:
ahab-to have affection.
ahabah- affection, love.
dowd- beloved, friend, uncle, relative.
chashaq- to join, to love, delight.
egeb- amative words, words of love.
agabah- love, amorousness.
racham- to be compassionate.
ra'yah- female associate.

All of the Greek words:
agapao- to love.
agape- love, love feast.
thelo- to will, to desire, to choose.
philadelphia- fraternal affection.
philadelphos- fraternal.
philandros- affectionate as a wife.
philanthropia- benevolence.
philarguria- avarice, greedy love of possessions.
phileo- to be a friend, have affection.
philoteknos- loving one's children.

By no stretch of the imagination, can the concept of "unconditional love" be attached to these words found in Scripture! You know, those found in the original texts! Beyond that, there was no concept of "unconditional love" anywhere in the entire world at that time. You won't find this false concept in any ancient literature, ever! But it is being taught these days, so what is the source of this teaching?
Believe it or not, when a "pastor" says God's love is unconditional," he is using a secular concept put forth by an atheist! Yes folks, "unconditional love" is a secular concept used with an E. C. twist! A secular concept developed by an atheist has evolved into an attribute of God! Doesn't that sound strange and farfetched to you? Like it could only come from someone's imagination, something not based on anything found in Scripture?
Prior to 1956, the concept did not exist anywhere in the world. It was never taught by any "pastor," preacher, rabbi, or priest, anywhere in the world. It had never been mentioned in any Scripture reference work. Not one commentator had ever written it down. But it is so widespread today and taught by almost 98% of the "pastors," today, how is this possible? Because of what has always been true in the E.C. world "All of the people in the E.C. world will believe lies and reject the truth concerning Scripture."
The phrase "unconditional love" was first coined by renowned German psychoanalyst, Erich Fromm, in 1934, but it didn't enter into the mainstream consciousness until he had further developed it and published it in his 1956 book, "The Art of Loving," which can still be purchased today. This book sold millions of copies. It is still so influential that they came out with the fiftieth Anniversary Edition!
Froom, an atheist who wrote his book from a secular view for secular people. He doesn't mention God, Jesus, the Bible, etc., once in his book. He wrote the book because he felt that the love of fathers was too conditional, based upon achievements and success while the love of mothers was "unconditional" and would never be withdrawn by any amount or degree of wrongdoing. (Sound familiar? What a tragedy, one of the biggest lies and blasphemies against the God of Scripture stemmed from an atheist with "daddy issues.")
So how did an unscriptural concept, written in a book by a secular atheist, become one of the core tenets of the E.C. world? Well, during the end of the 1960s into the '70s a movement known as "The Jesus Movement" was happening. During the '60s, due to the hippy movement, protests, rejecting authority, and the Vietnam war, many youth, teens, and young adults had quit going to church buildings. These young people, most of them, became hippies. The mainstream churches were already experiencing a huge decline in membership, as the roles decreased due to no new people joining a church building, (a lack of "growth.") Where it had once been that a church building could rely on the children of parents, as they grew up and got married and had children, would continue to attend the same church building, this was no longer the case. As the older folks passed away, there were no new members replacing them. It was a time of panic.
Despite the denominations, the majority of church buildings all offered the same, stale, stagnant, and very boring, services. Some of the "leaders" decided we "need to do church in a different way." One of the leaders figured out that while the conservative members of his church building would be reluctant to change, he knew if he could get some hippies to start coming to "church" and bring in some of the things hippies liked to do, someone playing a guitar and a group of people singing, skits, individual people standing up and telling their "story,", etc., (Which was unheard of in the mainstream church world) He knew that as the "pastor" he would get his way despite the initial protests of the established members.
While the hippies were living lives of blatant sin, he knew that most of them had grown up with a "church" background and were familiar with the things taught in the church buildings. He had to figure out the hook he would use to reel in some hippies. One of the biggest mantras of the hippy movement was "LOVE." "Love, love, love," "All you need is love," "make love, not war," etc. He either read the book or was aware of the concept. He also figured out that most of the hippies had left home because of parent issues, (Dad is too strict and Mom is clueless), felt stifled, oppressed and were simply seeking others to "love them just the way they are, love them because of who they were."
This evil man, not out of a love of teaching Scripture, but trying to grow his "church," (Have you ever noticed that when you read the bio of a "pastor," there is always a mention of how the "pastor" founded his "church." Really? Where in Scripture does it teach that, "and you will start/found churches," or "church planting?")
He put two and two together, realizing that all people, especially young people, strongly crave to be loved, and took the concept created by an atheist and designed it strictly to be applied to how people should love other people, and turned it into an attribute of God! His main approach to the hippies was that "God loves you, no matter what," "He loves you just the way you are," and "He will meet you where you are at." (Sound familiar?) Slowly at first, but became a stampede later, the hippies started "going to church." The word soon spread among the hippies that at church, you could hang out for hours in a nice building with central heating and A.C., sing songs, accompanied by an acoustic guitar, get some food, and perhaps a shower or some clean clothes. And, most importantly, you didn't have to stop being a hippy!
So, let me bore you again with this question. Do you believe in what is found in Scripture or the "Traditions of Men," which are not based on Scripture? I'll end with my mantra, "If what is taught is not found in Scripture, then it is not Scripture teaching."

• Winner
Reactions: TedT

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Any "pastor" who teaches that meek means "strength under control" and that "Abba means daddy" is guilty of two false teachings.
It depends on what a person means by "strength under control". And . . . whose strength is involved?

So, I did not read what you understand "meek" to mean. You have made quite a project of saying it is false, it is wrong, is it evil . . . in some number of different ways, yet not much if anything about what "meek" does mean.

You could be taken to be bluffing if you say so little or very little about what is really right. Anyone can repetitiously say something is wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Jesus says, "I am gentle and lowly in heart" or "I am meek and lowly in heart" . . . in Matthew 11:29. I would say Jesus is the definition of "meek", in any case. And it seems this can mean "gentle". And God's word says >

"Your gentleness has made me great," in 2 Samuel 22:36 and also in Psalm 18:35.

Becoming great can include becoming powerful and strong, I would say. So, from this one could understand that being meek involves having one's strength under control, and that we can not be truly strong in Jesus unless we are meek like Jesus. But I would say there is more to this. This would have to do with how to be in love. I understand meek means not forcing yourself over others, not threatening, not arguing but being strong in kindness and good example used to help others do what is good.

And so it can have to do with keeping your power under control.

So, in case you don't agree with this, what do you trust? And which scriptures are you going by, please?

And doesn't Abba mean Father? And our Father is our Daddy, isn't He?

But there are ones who represent God like He is distant and impersonal, or just going to give us what we want. But our Heavenly Father is the Father of His own Son Jesus Christ, and we have been adopted to be Jesus Christ's own brothers and sisters. In family loving, we are tender and affectionate . . . so personal with one another >

"tenderhearted", we have in Ephesians 4:31-32.

But this means how Jesus in us has us this way. Our Father is so pleased and delighted with His own Son Jesus, and Jesus in us shares with us more and more how this is, so there is tender loving better than how selfish children might "love" their Daddy. It is a matter of how you mean this. It is not the word that is the problem, but how ones use and understand what they say.

This false doctrine, which makes me cringe and irks me every time I hear it, is that Agape means "unconditional love," that God not only loves all people, but He loves all people unconditionally!
So, what about 2 Corinthians 12:15 > this looks unconditional, to me. And how about 1 Timothy 2:1-4? And 1 Timothy 4:10? I see unconditional love revealed through these scriptures . . . but maybe not what you are criticizing.

So, what do you consider to be the right meaning of God loving unconditionally? Or, what do you believe in, and with which scriptures? And however God loves is our example, right (Ephesians 5:1)? Paul following Jesus has loved unconditionally, I see through 2 Corinthians 12:15; therefore, if he is following how Jesus loves . . . and he has loved unconditionally . . . then I see that God must love unconditionally in order to be the example Paul is following and reveals this in 2 Corinthians 12:15.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm so man here is telling believers what some other man said is not true? How is "any" pastor guilty when Christ already died for guilt? Yes we say Father, oh Father the meaning of the word. Now just guessing here but you don't speak for Him as to any of His Children that call Him daddy. Its between Him and them. Because no offense you might have got stuck on this word and others. does not mean you are right.

It like saying (not to derail) saying Jesus not Yeshua . One might want to ask Christ why He showed up into some Iran prison to muslim that was giving up saying to him in his language "I am Jesus". Every time after 25 years that man gets to that point in the story cries like a baby and I mean baby.

So this does not in anyway touch salvation calling Him Father or only by the names we know or Daddy.. they don't answer to me but to Him. At some point as we grow He shows us who our FATHER or Daddy really is. Maybe just love them allow God Christ to work with them in HIs own way. As the word says.. we don't answer to man :)

Really? How can the word Father not bother you? He's not man Hes spirit and is lol He really a He? oops. Father does not even begin to describe Him. Its how He revealed Him self to us. So allow others to love Him the way they want. Trust me here.. if He the GREAT I AM does not like it He will tell them for what He not man what He started in us He will finish. Thank you though.

Side not.. one can get stuck here because do all Jewish people, Rabbis believe it can only be Father? :)

Upvote 0